1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

GUILD WARS: A GPQ Reward Overhaul

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hiyo, May 28, 2021.

Would you like to see a Guild Point system like this implemented on MapleLegends?

1. Yes, I like the idea.

71.0%
  2. Maybe, the idea is solid but could use some changes.

29.0%
  3. No, I don't like the idea and there are other ways GPQ can be improved.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, I don't like the idea and nothing should change.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    4:30 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Table of Contents
    1. Introduction
    2. Guild Wars
    3. Guild Ranking Rewards
    4. Guild Points
    5. Guild Point Contribution Rewards

Introduction

*Note: this idea is in its infancy and by no means perfect

Lets get straight to the point and say it, guild points are completely WORTHLESS and USELESS. There's no current purpose and it bugs me personally. So I was thinking of how guild points can turn to be something useful.

Guild Wars

Introducing the concept of Guild Wars, or in other words a competitive guild ranking system based on Guild Points accumulated in a week, and resets every week back to 0. This is a way to give life to Guild PQ and promote guild activities. There will be different reward tiers depending on where your guild placed in the rankings, but you as a player need to have contributed Guild Points to be eligible for the rewards. Players can also receive rewards based on their personal Guild Point contribution with its own reward brackets.

Guild rewards are rewarded to every member who is eligible to receive the reward. Members must contribute atleast 5000 Guild Points and be atleast level 100 to receive the reward.

Guild Rank Board can display rankings and reset them weekly.
    Shuang can distribute weekly rewards.

Guild Ranking Rewards

*Guild Buff is a 50 WATK / 120 MATK 8 MINUTE buff. [Untradeable]
    *Guild Spoils is a random box that gives 1-10mil (increments of 1mil for randomized rewards)
    *Ring rewards are to be CASH items, like the Christmas Event Pendants

Diamond Tier (Rank 1)
    - Diamond Victorious Ring [Expires weekly]
    [​IMG]
    +500 HP/MP
    +5 All stats
    +10 Accuracy
    +10 Avoid
    +50 Wdef/Mdef
    - 25x Common Gachapon Tickets
    - 15x Guild Buff
    - 3x Guild Spoils

Platinum Tier (Ranks 2-3)
    - Platinum Victorious Ring
    [No IMG]
    +400 HP/MP
    +4 All stats
    +8 Accuracy
    +8 Avoid
    +40 Wdef/Mdef
    - 20x Common Gachapon Tickets
    - 10x Guild Buff
    - 2x Guild Spoils

Gold Tier (Ranks 4-10)
    - Gold Victorious Ring
    [​IMG]
    +300 HP/MP
    +3 All stats
    +6 Accuracy
    +6 Avoid
    +30 Wdef/Mdef
    - 15x Common Gachapon Tickets
    - 5x Guild Buff
    - 1x Guild Spoils

Silver Tier (Ranks 11-20)
    -Silver Victorious Ring
    [​IMG]
    +200 HP/MP
    +2 All stats
    +4 Accuracy
    +4 Avoid
    +20 Wdef/Mdef
    - 10x Common Gachapon Tickets
    - 3x Guild Buff

Bronze Tier (Ranks 21-30)
    - Bronze Victorious Ring
    [No IMG]
    +100 HP/MP
    +1 All stats
    +2 Accuracy
    +2 Avoid
    +10 Wdef/Mdef
    - 5x Common Gachapon Tickets
    - 1x Guild Buff

Guild Points

Guild points should also reward members individually in addition to the Guild Ranking reward. This is to promote members to strive for bigger and better rewards and benefit more depending on the effort they put in. It is also a way to benefit even in case your guild doesn't make it to the top ranks or on the ranks at all.

Guild Point Contribution Reward

Members have to be atleast level 70 to be eligible to get these rewards.
    Rewards are distributed weekly and reset along with the Guild Rank reset.
    Spoilering this one so thread doesn't get too long ;;

100k Guild Point Contribution
    - Chair [Expires weekly] <-- Didn't decide on a chair but just an idea for exclusive show-off cosmetic
    - 50x Common Gachapon Tickets
    - 3x Guild Spoils
    - 1000x Power Elixir

50k Guild Point Contribution
    - 40x Common Gachapon Tickets
    - 3x Guild Spoils
    - 1000x Power Elixir

30k Guild Point Contribution
    - 30x Common Gachapon Tickets
    - 2x Guild Spoils
    - 750x Power Elixir

20k Guild Point Contribution
    - 20x Common Gachapon Tickets
    - 2x Guild Spoils
    - 750x Power Elixir

10k Guild Point Contribution
    - 10x Common Gachapon Tickets
    - 1x Guild Spoils
    - 500x Power Elixir

5k Guild Point Contribution
    - 5x Common Gachapon Tickets
    - 1x Guild Spoils
    - 500x Power Elixir

Let's have a civil discussion, I just wanted to pitch in this idea and it by no mean is perfect.
    tl;dr
    Introduces some sort of competition
    Introduces ways to make money as a casual player/non-mage
    Makes guild pq/guild point system more rewarding and meaningful

Edits:
    - Changed title from Guild Wars to GUILD WARS: A GPQ Reward Overhaul
    - Added Poll
    - Added a note in the introduction

• Like Like x 19
    • Great Work Great Work x 7
  2. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    3:30 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    [​IMG]

I jebaited you in discord but tbh its an interesting usage of guild points and GPQ (if not for NX).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    7:30 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Really neat idea Hiyo. Bumping with my immediate impressions:
    • Multiclient/Multibox (Having multiple characters in the PQ) would have to be FORBIDDEN (IN THE PQ) for this to be a wholesome guild activity and not a degenerate sweatfest.
    • Guilds would get bigger, with tons of active members coming together to collaborate for more rewards. This would be bad for smaller guilds, but IMO the bigger the better.
      • Maybe there should be a baseline Guild Ranking participation prize for those small guilds who run GPQ at least once weekly.
    • GPQ would be POPPIN, which is awesome because it's a really fun PQ.
    • Weekly rewards sounds dope. Will add so much life to the game.
    I'd like to see this go somewhere!

EDIT: also maybe change your title to something more obvious so more people will click on the thread. 'Guild Wars' sounds like you're talking about the MMO. SlimeXD

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    10:30 AM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/guild-rally.40221/#post-268300

someone suggested something similar. I liked your ideia but I kinda preferred to see damage based guild competition. The best scenario would be the two kind of competition. For instance: time to clear a boss pq or even one special ht with one hour timer and cap of runners at 6 or 12 and the GPQ thing you suggested. This way, small and strong guild groups may get the rings by the bossing experience not destroying the small guilds. At the same time, big builds gonna be able to compete constantly for GPQ and boss pq.

• Like Like x 1
  5. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    6:30 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I'm on board with coming up with unique ways to utilize guild points, but I'm against resetting total Guild Points accumulated on the leaderboards. Wiping out Abby's GPQ record is something I'd be adamantly against. A happy medium would be to have two separate point boards - one for total accumulated and another for weekly accumulated.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    think it would be better if its more of a guild activity thing, not a sweaty DMG thing imo. so its not just for endgame players. people can easily also just leave guilds and join their friends and etc. doesnt really make guilds loyal or just guild hopping nonstop.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    pretty sure it's possible to just add another NPC for weekly reset board.

• Like Like x 1
  8. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Yeah, I'd be totally on board with that. Incentivizing competition would actually light a fire under Honor's ass to continue towards that 1 mil gp goal.

9. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    i changed the main post. I think there should be the two kind of competition as the only GPQ thing gonna make the small guilds vanish as the more members a guild has more constant GPQs there will be (even if there’s a limit), like Skuire said. That way, small guilds can compete for damage/ group work. Boss pq doesn’t need to be dpm only but may need different classes to clear. Consider changing guild just to do the pq abuse to counter what you brought up. That way, every guild may compete for GPQ and boss pq separatly. Bigger guilds gonna still benefit from more constant GPQs.

10. OP
    OP
    Hiyo

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Thank you for mentioning it, I completely forgot to mention that. But yes that would be the IDEAL solution.

Help me with names T_T also agree on it being a GUILD activity and not a sweatfest so +1 on multi client blocks

11. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I want it just for when next year's Zombie Rings expire again and we'll see a dozen guilds with over a million points competing to replace them with Guild Ring

• Like Like x 1
  12. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    banger idea, but in addition i suggest also having an exclusive chair for the top guild that expires weekly to flex on the noober guilds

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    As much as I like the idea of hp rings, I would rather not see hp gear be locked behind a system that not everyone can participate in / is temporary. A lot of people *need* the extra hp to have access to certain content. It would be so stressful to commit to say a PB run contingent on winning the guild ring that week. I would rather hp/def rings be something permanent (quest ring) or 3-6 months like events.

That said, I love this idea, and the idea of different guilds competing. There's a lot of potential for keeping the server fresh during non-event periods. It could even be a rotating roster of guild events (not just GPQ). Like speed running the boss rush event from last year, the summer event jq, the beanstalk challenge, etc.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    9:30 AM
    DMsRebirth
    Contribution needs to be reset if a character leaves a guild and joins another one; otherwise guild hopping will be a massive problem. Also, if you additionally take away the monetary/tradable rewards and focus on untradable rewards, then multi-clienting will no longer become so advantageous that action needs to be taken against it, which is probably one of the bigger feasibility problem with this system.

Double post: Also, participation rewards are necessary to give people who aren't so good at JQs (because GPQ is basically a JQ gauntlet with some one-person show puzzle stages filling the middle) incentive to actually try. Finally, there should be some kind of limit to how many GPQs count per day towards this system (either runs per day or maximum guild points per day could work, both have their upsides and downsides), otherwise the whole thing devolves into how many no life people you have in your guild to spam GPQ all day, and I'm not sure if that's really the intent of this GPQ reward overhaul system.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Personally I’d like to see a permanent ring and complete removal of all the att pots, gach, and meso rewards so that removes the potential muling problem all together.

Something like a tier 1-10 ring that you can upgrade with every 30k points that your character contributes to GPQ. It can basically be a copycat of the monster book ring but for GPQ.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    7:15 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Perhaps the personal GP earned can be used as currency instead. This way, you can choose when you cash in your GP for untradeable rewards and also the rings so that smaller guilds can obtain them too. It may possibly prevent guild hopping. I feel like the weekly ranks should award only cosmetics stuff, if not, at least not the rings.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    9:30 PM
    Beginner
    Ah, the good old days of speed gpq runs for NX <3 Paci
    If multi-clienting is gona be restricted in the future for this gpq competition aspect, might i coin in on the lvl30 and below JQ pov, this dude would literally not be able to receive rewards.

Some other consideration, since GPQ is currently possible to be conducted in every channel (running simultaneously by the same guild), we'd have to prevent guilds from hoarding channels. Meaning, 1 guild can only have 1 instances running in 1 channel at a time and not other channels.

Also, if possible i would love to see the
    - MATK boosted to at least 150
    - Cap on ATT pots per character i.e. < 15x Att pot, 2hrs - 2hrs 30mins (alchemist)
    Where throughout the week till the next event, hoarders are encourage to use this att pot for both main and exp runs, not saving them all for pb.

unless you dont mind players running around with 100+ x free 50WA/120MA pots at disposal, gaining somewhat of an upper hand in clear times compared to those rankless and guildless - not all players want a guild, high att pots (almost apple tier) are fine to a certain extent but not when the disparity of boss run timings and fundings/cost of att pot vary significantly). The rings alone are already very attractive, i do not see why the # of att pots can't be lowered

likewise to the occasional joking bans to ur pals and when jr's/masters forgets about the rings and the member's progression restarts, a notice for this info might be necessary as a [MapleTip] or Upon entry of GPQ message.

I like the idea of the ring, but however not to expire weekly if not it'd be a messy weekly AP allocation management task. Where a progression based tier-ed ring (i.e. Diamond = Tier 10 cap, Platinum = Tier 9 cap, Gold...) could well fit in, where guild members who achieved rank 1 in week 1 would be given a quest completion via the new NPC; Shuang to exchange (meso sink: 1mil meso cost) for a Tier 1 ring (+1 AS, hp/acc..., no expiry) and on winning rank 1 again in week 2 to upgrade (2mil meso cost) to a Tier 2 ring (+2 AS...) and so on. Upon reaching Tier 10 (for example) Diamond ring, players would then have a 10 week expiry (potential chance to do less gpq runs which may increase other smaller guilds chance of a higher rank), which generates a continuous safety net of progression weekly and draw players back again nearing/post expiry.
    In unique cases where a guild member attains rank 1 in week 1 (Tier 1 diamond) and rank 2 in week 2 (Tier 1 platinum), he should be holding onto 2 different rings (Diamond and Platinum), should he be awarded with rank 1 in week 3, it'd continue onwards the progression of the Diamond ring, Tier 1 >> 2.

Also, the meso rewards could be removed/ way significantly lower as it does not cost much to speed run a GPQ (even via ME).

18. OP
    OP
    Hiyo

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    Hiyo
    Camper
    You're right about the lvl30 not getting rewards, but that part can change or the lvl requirement to receive rewards can be lowered since multiclienting is not a problem if it becomes blocked.

I understand that these potions may seem strong and are gated behind content not everyone is interested in, but they're not "apple tier." They're similar to Heartstoppers and those come with added avoidability and 10 more WA and are flexible to use given each lasts a minute, and those are farmable and tradeable. Not to defend that the buff pot is a perfect reward, but its there to give incentive to GPQ more and get there in the ranks.

Weekly is just an example, it can be bi-monthly or monthly or whatever duration. I understand that expiring rewards are a turn-off to many, but the idea of the suggestion is to birth competition in a game where PVP is nonexistent. The rings are the main prize and the other rewards are bonus incentives for a guild to push further. The idea of a permanent but upgrade-able ring means competition will exist until said guild caps to the desired tier and ring, which means that guild will no longer compete. Also since the rings are meant to be cash items that give bonus stats (so they don't actually take a slot) holding multiple rings (diamond, platinum, gold and silver) can be too much.

Regarding the meso reward, for a weekly reward it does seem very loaded especially for the upper tiers, I agree it can be toned down or that a week is extended to a longer duration that can justify it (but its nice to have more ways to get meso that isn't traditional grinding or bossing right? uwu).

I should add a note on the main post to say this post is by no means perfect and is just a rough idea kek

• Like Like x 1
  19. halfwaysleet

halfwaysleet Master Chronos

May 21, 2018
    Male
    halfway
    Thief
    I would love to see GPQ points be useful for something. At the moment they're quite meaningless since no one really cares for the leaderboard due to it being full of inactive guilds.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Loug

Loug Horny Mushroom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    Loug
    Paladin, Bishop, Marksman, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Maybe add a second guild leaderboard that reset every month or week with a reward for the top guilds.

• Agree Agree x 3