1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixed Rombot Spawn Timer Incorrect

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by DrChuchu, May 31, 2021.

1. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    1:24 PM
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): Topside rombot spawns on a 30 minute timer instead of a 20 minute timer.
    What is supposed to happen?: Both rombots should be on a 20 minute spawn timer, per ML lib
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: While card hunting rombots, I noticed the respawn of the Rombots always seemed to lack the top one, while the bottom one respawned right on the 20 min timer. The top one would spawn slightly later, but then synced on the ~1hr respawn. I tested the timer again, noting the bottom one is correct but the top one spawned at exactly 30min from last kill. Note that Rombots spawn after mob kills, unlike area bosses.
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): Sit at the map and kill things for 30 minutes like me :p
    Extra information (optional):

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    1:24 AM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Could it be you need to kill some mobs quite a number of mobs before it actually spawns despite the timer hits?
    Like Crimson Wood Tree, which is also on a 20 mins timers. Most of time I need to clear almost all the mobs in the map for it to trigger spawn despite way pass the 22min mark.

3. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    7:24 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Yeah sometimes a map is simply “full” and new mobs won’t spawn, regardless of their cooldown or respawn timer

That’s not set in stone, though. Sometimes you haven’t killed a mob in over an hour and the boss still spawns. Maplestory is funny that way

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    DrChuchu

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    Yep I am familiar with the spawn mechanics of the map. I literally sat there from the bottom spawn timer (20 min), killing mobs until top spawn at ~30min. Yes, I cleared the map, I had genesis on top half and roar on bottom half to clear more efficiently if that was any concern. I also kept timers on all 8 channels so it seems unlikely that all 8 channels would malfunction on both a full multiple map clears (I did multiple to reduce the not-spawn RNG) + 20 min respawn timer.

5. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    11:09 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    It was a long time back but I believe this was also the case with MT-09s. The top MT-09 on the top platform was consistently late. I may be wrong..

6. kanymterrone

kanymterrone Blue Snail

Apr 6, 2023
    Male
    Italy
    KanymITA
    Cleric
  7. OP
    OP
    DrChuchu

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    Based on my last card hunting endeavor about a year ago, these timers haven't changed. Haven't seen any patch notes addressing it since either.

8. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    10:24 AM
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    To my knowledge all area boss style mobs, I believe Rombot is included in that list, have a variance for spawning based on their spawn time. This extra time you're setting could just be that, but someone on staff would need to confirm that.

9. OP
    OP
    DrChuchu

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    I'm inclined to believe that Rombot is included in that list. However, all timers that I know of have a variance of +/-10%. Thus, the 20 minute timer of Rombot should fall between 18-22 minutes, definitely not 30. I've completed the Rombot set 4 times now as well as many other area boss sets 4x. I might have noticed that Rombot did not have area boss variance, but it's been so long tbh.

Edit: o wtf I just checked the library and the respawn time is updated to 30min

Last edited: Jun 11, 2023
  10. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    Sorry for the late answer, I completely missed this thread somehow.

Rombot timers are different indeed; one spawns every 20 minutes, the other every 30. It seems to actually be an issue with the library displaying both in the same group, likely because of them being the same monster (unlike, for example, Pianus L/R, that are separate ones), and picking the timer of one or the other.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    IIRC area bosses and ''regular mobs'' with respawn timers all have the 10% deviation for their respawn timer but the difference is that area bosses will always spawn regardless of the amount of mobs already on the map while regular mobs need an available slot first.

Hence why you need to kill mobs before Rombot spawns but something like Black Crow will spawn regardless of killing mobs or not.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Fixed on the lib. Now all spawns show instead of just one.

• Great Work Great Work x 4