1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Silly colored letters thread where we discuss the diversity of classes at our disposal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alyosha, Dec 14, 2019.

1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    10:16 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    F. Looks like corsair is actually the worst possible class to use in horntail. Highest dpm I have gotten on stoppers is ~6.4m.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    1:16 AM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    Meta changer pog

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    [​IMG]
    oops

I think I'd stand by Corsair still being better than mages. Prehead damage doesn't usually get measured but Corsairs probably do some of their best work there, along with on the last couple heads after DPM 45's are finished. They can also fill some of the same role as the wyvern clearer if they have good Pogstrike damage. One of the major disadvantages of DPM 45s is that they're not a whole picture, and while it shows the stressful portions of the fight and what cleave can do comparatively to single target it leaves out a lot of the more boring parts where ease is a major benefit to some.

I am curious about what an Arch Mage with iies levels of knowledge and gear could do though. God damage, masterful positioning, mechanical understanding could create some real monsters in HT.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    v4 made, mages are better in HT than previously thought and I never adjusted Paladins after their nerf.

Other tweaks as well, I can't even remember them all SeemsGood

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    11:16 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Here are some changes I would argue for,
    -BM at HT A --> S
    In terms of effective dpm averaged over an entire HT run(including preheads) BM is not too different from shadower/dk/pally and slightly below NL/hero. However, the universal necessity of SE that makes this the only class worthy of S tier HT in my opinion. You can run HT with almost every combination of the classes, however nearly every reasonable composition requires an archer. There are many HT runs that fail soley because the archer(s) dc or die, but as an archer you never have to worry about that. While every other class requires either SE or SI to reach their max damage, BM is uniquely able to reach their max damage output solely on self buffs (as long as you have mw20). This means that even if you are running with less reliable people who tend to die/dc, you will always have access to 100% of your damage and can carry the run no matter what.
    Not only are BMs sought after has a source of SE, but they can fit onto any party because of of their non-reliance on party buffs. If you are sufficiently washed (or confident in your survival abilities), you can even solo party on runs as a 7th person. With both effective dpm and utility taken into account, BM is without a doubt the easiest class to both host/join runs, and the best class at single handedly carrying weaker groups.
    A common refute of this claim of BM superiority is the fact that like HB and SI, the role of SE can be muled. To this challenge I offer 2 counterarguments. Firstly, SE is significantly harder to mule compared to SI and HB. HB mules can be easily pumped to 30k hp and SI mules have their infamous 999 avoid thats to the advent of dex buccs. In comparison, even a purely HP pumped lvl 130 archer can only get up to ~16k hp, which is still somewhat susceptible to death at HT and will certainly burn more pots than the other 2 mules. You can see this in practice from the fact that there are many players with HB, SI, and HH mules in the cave, but it is seldom that you see a run with a dedicated SE mule. Secondly, if you are considering a hypothetical NL +SEmule vs BM situation where you argue that NL + SE mule > BM, you have to take into account that to make it fair it should be NL +SEmule vs BM + HH mule, in which the latter triumphs in terms of total effective dpm(you can still argue that the former is still much easier of course).

-Hero at HT B+ --> A+
    -Shadower at HT A+ --> A
    In terms of DPM, Hero trumps shadower at every point point in HT (preheads, legs+tail, right side, left side), and at some stages by a pretty significant amount. So unless you REALLY value the smoke utility and pot burn advantages I would put Hero above shad, or at the very least equal to shad. I think that hero, pally and shad should all sit at roughly the same tier. Heroes do the most effective dpm of the trio, but part of that damage is wing damage which often does not contribute to effective dpm. Shadower has the advantage of being un-killable and providing utility via smoke, but is the weakest of the trio in terms of single target dpm. Paladin has the highest single target dpm of trio and is least reliant on wing damage, but they suffer from somewhat awkward positioning require to maximize HH damage. The interpretation of the shad/pally,/hero ordering is up to some debate, but I think all 3 classes should be A tier for sure.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    7:16 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Hold up, shads better at ht than NLs? Maybe if u don't look at preheads and have a bish that can tank dispells without issue

7. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Night Lords are memes and preheads are memes. Why are people salty now about the difference between A and A+? The difference is quite negligible and isn't what you should factor your team composition on, what matters most is which of your choices is less of a pepega player. SeemsGood

Runs are built on what happens in body or what you can assume to happen in body. If the SE disconnects in a multi-NL run then those Night Lords are mostly dead weight, and if that happens in Preheads it's already a failed run, unless you plan on dropping 8+ apples to compensate that massive loss in DPM. That massive Achille's heel is why Night Lords are not the most optimal class. Night Lords are slightly better DPM than most if there is SE but without it they are just noodle-armed.

If the bishop disconnects then Shadowers are the class most capable of tanking every sed by a wide margin. If you want to run a bishopless run then bringing a Shadower is the most safe way to do that, all of the other mules are less effective and bring in more risk.

Shadowers also do more valuable damage compared to other cleave. Hitting Mid-Head for most of the fight brings a lot of value to their use, along with making them able to cleave for a much longer period. If an Arm is up and the head's are left to DoT then they have more cleave than either Heroes or Dark Knights, who can only manage to cleave ~1.6-1.7 parts per hit vs. a Shadower's ~3. B-Step has a really good vertical/horizontal range, so their jump attacks can hit much more of HT than a DK/Hero can at any given point, especially when you consider arm flailing.

Nate shouldn't be underestimated either, especially in preheads. With 5-10 cancels between them both it's a free 4-8mil damage, which would roughly translate into about 1% of the preheads' health. It's difficult for them to white the preheads but it's doable depending on the party.

Scaling the HT metric is difficult as most classes have something to bring. Most classes deserve some form of A-rank there and at some point it's just a matter of taste. Maybe it's better to just split it into HT damage and HT Utility. It'll just be a bigger feelsbad for corsairs though.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Hit the spot there hehehe

I do still do like 5-6m dpm (optimal) without se on the heads tho. NLs aren't THAT sad without se. We're basically single target heros without it as far as I've seen

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    There is some truth to this statement. A perfectly geared level 200 nightlord would do about 7m dpm without SE. A perfectly geared 1h HERO would do about 7.5m single target dps.

With both using +20 attack potion.

(Of course if a nightlord doesn't get SE, it makes sense for a hero to not get SI).

If the hero is using a normal speed weapon, the nightlord actually still does more dpm i believe.

10. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
  11. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Note: The following is based on damage output. Dark knight / bishops are still useful to the run even though they do the least damage.

Pink bean tier list:
    S: Nightlord
    A: Bowmaster, Marksman, Buccaneer, Corsair
    B: Shadower
    C: Hero, Paladin, Fire Poison Archmage, Ice Lightning Archmage
    D: Dark Knight, Bishop

12. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    1:16 PM
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    I've attempted a thread like this before and lets just say I was not qualified lol this looks great though nice job putting it together.

13. Bfitchef

Bfitchef Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    1:16 PM
    CreatureNL
    Night Lord
    Nani
    So literally Shad>Hero>Paladin if you actually look at it for the top 3. BRB CreatureShad

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Took a look at this again because law linked it in the shadower discussion thread.

I argue that ice lightning archmage should be moved from F tier in NT to at least B tier. They perform as well as normal attackers on nibergen and nameless due to the lightning weakness, which is half of the NT roster currently.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I'm retired someone else make a list zzzzzzz

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  16. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    You probably white every single run at Nibergen as an Ice Lightning and for nameless you're more a consistent pinner with decent dmg for trio runs and not half bad at Verga (main body is lightning weak).

Waiting for a tierlist update made by akashskyakashsky, forums are starting to get boring now that shadower buff thread is dying out

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    It's not possible for any ice lightning to white my corsair or paladin.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Obviously you're an insane endgame corsair, but if I can already do this with an underlvled pepega mage then it probably wouldn't be miles off either is more equal lvl/gear
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

But you get my point, NT is probably the only place Ice lightning can shine in terms of bossing.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Didn’t know this was gonna be a roast thread.

• Funny Funny x 12