1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Silly colored letters thread where we discuss the diversity of classes at our disposal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alyosha, Dec 14, 2019.

1. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    1:58 AM
    Almost feel sorry for the people whose names can be publicly seen in that picture.

2. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    5:58 PM
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Nah the best part about being a mage, is roasting your guildies when you white them.

But realistically IL are probably S tier for nib and tied with paladin. The extra utility from blizz right when mav's spawn is insanely good (you can 2-shot them, or freeze them for cleaves to kill). It's also hard for any attacker, even in late game to get ~7-8m dpm at nib (to match IL), due to the wc's and where some classes need to attack from. Taking kb from the bomb attacks is pretty punishing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    2:58 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Are you even a mage if you don't do this?

Either way I wasn't trying to make this in a roast thread but the ever since I started playing people have always bashed on mages like their garbage at any bosses which is rather toxic and gives people less if an interest to even give them a try at this kind of content.
    while they obviously have their place at certain bosses

4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Just in time for some mage nerfs. :yay:

5. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Please nerf ults and buff chain lightning :yay:.

6. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    8:58 AM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    So changes that I'd make to that tier list to bring it more up to date with current state of the game:
    • Add a pb section (just rip off Akash's pb tier list thread)
    • Add a cwkpq section
    • I/L Archmage NT rank from F -> A+
    • Bishop NT to F. Any reason why it's C- now? Besides HS and res (achievable with mule) there is no reason to bring a bishop for NT.
    • Paladin cleave potential to C+ (at best)
    • Paladin horntail to C
    • Paladin party buffs to F
    • Night Lord cleave potential to F
    • Bowmaster cleave potential to D (at best)
    • Swap NT ranks for Bowmaster and Marksman
    • Marksman single target DPS to A
    • Marksman HT to A
    • Probably just remove "solo play" section

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Okay, now make the tier list for 4x clients f3

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    1:58 AM
    TFW pally isn't even on a subjective fun to play tier list
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
  9. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    I'd swap MM and BM, 2 button + jump gameplay > 1 button + momentum cancel gameplay. Though I haven't played either so what do I know

NL down to D tier. Flash jump is the only thing fun about this one-button machine

I'd put Paladin around D I guess. I would've put it higher when heavens hammer was a thing in HT, but the hammer nerf didn't only take away our DPM45

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Made a version updated based on my extremely extensive knowledge of the game from only playing one character for 3-4 years

Pink bean section ripped from Akash's post but updated for utility (and my extremely extensive knowledge of pink bean from having done it 0 times)

dfaw.png

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. 8TEEN

8TEEN Pink Teddy

Apr 28, 2020
    Female
    Macbeth, Viona, Torrie, Wilson
    Paladin, Bishop, Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Nibergen's layout isn't the most ideal for the both said classes, NL and BM.
    The bombs interferes with the NL and the hurricane hitbox changes for the BM.
    Top that along with a boss that weapon cancels frequently and gives you an elemental advantage of 1.5x damage multiplier, it's no surprise you whited.

If you are an unfunded IL at lv 166, it's high time that ILs or Nib gets nerfed in NT.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Errrr....yes that's exactly the point, I/L is good at NT and lightning weak bosses. 16x paladin can also white 19x attackers at NT. I don't get what's so wrong about that lol different classes are good for different situations

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    2:58 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Oh yeah I fully agree it was just to showcase what can be done and how we can be useful, obviously Nib also weapon cancels a lot.
    Unfunded in a way that it's my first char but other than that I think around 1315 TMA here.

It's just annoying when people laugh at you when you ask to join one of their runs (any NT boss works tbh although not to this extend) just because you're a mage and they are looking for an attacker.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    8:58 PM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    It's not that I/Ls are OP, it's more cuz nib has a combo of weap cancel and ele weakness. Ele weakness alone is equivalent to an atker using an apple and the weap cancel uptime makes their dpm even higher. It's just a niche situation

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. 8TEEN

8TEEN Pink Teddy

Apr 28, 2020
    Female
    Macbeth, Viona, Torrie, Wilson
    Paladin, Bishop, Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    AlyoshaAlyosha WHY U DO THIS TO ME pepehands

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    tfw this thread comes back up and there’s more pepegeness going on. sighs

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Unpopular opinion but NT is pepega content. Deep down we all know HT DPM45 is the one true metric.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Can’t wait for anniversary balance v5 update. :yay:

19. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    6:58 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Behold the only true tier list,
    [​IMG]
    explanation pending
    NLs boast the highest effective dpm in PB as well high survivability against DR and sed, thus their S rank.

Corsair can get quite close to NL dpm, but their damage is much more conditional and thus are bumped 1 rank lower.

Archers have the obvious role of providing SE, and similar to corsairs if played correction can produce dpms comparable to NL. MMs have the advantage of not dying to DR as easily due to hurricane mechanics as well as snipe ignoring PBs dmg reduction, while BMs have the advantage of not having to rely on SI. Can debatably put one slighty over the other.

Bucc, shad, hero, and pally all produce comparable effective dpms. Although on paper shad should trail behind the rest, their ability to dodge stuns and charge assasinate during DR roughly brings them to par with the rest. Bucc and shadower make up the higher ranks of this group because of the utility they provide (SI/TL/snatch and smoke). At the current time, it seems like the bucc utility is more valuable since runs still have a good amount of warriors for SI targets and people still die enough for TL to be useful, thus shad in B+ and bucc in A. Outside of monster magnet pally and hero don't offer much utility and are more or less lackluster versions of higher dpm classes. Hero has slightly less single target dpm compared to pally, so pally is placed slightly over hero. If you are considering cases where meso explosion is involved, shads can be bumped much higher.

We havn't quite reached the washing apocalypse yet, so DKs are still effectively necessary for PB runs. If played optimally using zerk the whole time, their dpm should be equal to heros, but effectively it will be less.

The mages are actually quite strong on PB body as they don't have their damage reduced like other classes, however poor dpm on the statue stages pulls down their effective average dpm by too much. There is so some utility of having at least 1 mage so that the mini beans can be killed quickly.

Bishops are ress mule, if blu301 wasn't so nice y'all would umemployed.

Bishop is S tier because it is practically mandatory for all HT runs. Holy shield, holy symbol, dispel, and ress are all obviously useful in HT. Clearing wyverns is necessary for attackers to maximize their dpm and controlling sed is necessary on runs without dedicated sed mules. In addition, bishops have cleave dpm in main body comparable to attackers.

In terms of dpm MM and BM are not too drastically different, with BM winning out by a modest amount in the endgame (assuming optimal gameplay from both sides). They both obviously provide SE, which is almost mandatory for HT runs. The reason why BM is in S tier is because they are more flexible than MM, boasting the unique ability to do dpm at 100% potential without relying on any party buffs. For the purpose of either hosting your own runs or fitting on existing squadrons, this is an immensely useful trait. You can fit on any team no matter what, you can even run in a solo party if there is no room in the main party. Although corsairs and NLs will outdpm a BM of equal calibre, I value the insane flexibility of BMs enough to put them at S above the aforementioned. MM I put 1 tier below because of their reliance on SI and slightly lower effective dpm.

Corsairs and NLs are similar, the latter is way easier to play and does slightly more effective dpm so it gets the A+ over the A.

It turns out Bucc actually has a pretty impressive effective dpm despite what we thought in 2019. If played optimally their dpm45s should be more or less comparable to the archers. Since SI is generally not as useful as SE and only pepega weeniehut runs require TL (imagine not having double echo or dying in HT) their party buffs are not as important as archers. Thus I put them 1 tier lower than BM.

Now onto the cleavers. With the recent head changes hero and dk get a pretty significant DPM boost. Even with preheads taken into account, DK + hero dpms might exceed that of NLs. However because the nature of this damage is cleave and warriors require both SE and SI to reach their full potential, this dpm is much more conditional than the single target classes. It is particularly problematic to bring too many cleavers on a single run due to the fact that the distribution of damage will be such that a smaller proportion of the runtime allows for cleave. Still having a single cleaver with access to SI can speed up a run considerably if the damage is distributed well (no NLs or archers hitting wing kekW) so DK and hero still get a spot in the A tier.

In terms of pure DPM contribution shadowers should fall behind dk and hero. ALthough this gap is considerably smaller when there is no SI and shadower does provide some utility via smoke, I would still put them slightly below dk and hero. You could definitely argue that shad should be in A tier by appealing to their survivability and low pot usage, I just don't think those two factors are important enough to overcome their dpm defficiency.

There was a time when mages were oddly enough pretty good in HT, perhaps even better than shadower and warriors some might have argued. However staff quickly crushed this spark of class diversity by changing the arm sed mechanics and rendering mages borderline unplayable in HT. To explain this to those inexperienced with HT mechanics, mages get the majority of their DPM by spamming blizz/meteor on the body since it can hit all body parts. The problem is that if either of the arms drop below 30% it will start spamming mass sed. Now back in the day this wasn't as big of a problem since the frequency of the mass sed casts was much lower, and there were ways to prevent the arms from casting mass sed by manipulating the position of the person who did the most damage to either arm. In current day triggering mass sed too early in the run will result in either the run failing, or at least a very large dpm loss. Because of this mages cannot cast their ultimates for the entire run greatly diminishing their viability.

Pally sucks cause HH sucks.

nibergenkekw.fw.png

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1