1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Quality of Life Suggestion - Fixing Autopot

Discussion in 'Not Possible to Add' started by akashsky, Sep 11, 2019.

1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    11:03 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Hello!

As we all are probably painfully aware, auto pot is not 100% reliable on this server. I'm not exactly sure why, but it sometimes fails for some reason (your hp drops below your auto pot setting, and the auto pot does not trigger).

This suggestion might be a bit time consuming to implement, but is it possible to change how autopot gets triggered?

Currently autopot only triggers when you use a skill or when you get hit by a monster. Is it possible to add an additional, time based trigger that attempts to use a potion every second your HP / MP are below your auto pot settings?

This way, when auto pot fails, after a second the potion use could be triggered (and hopefully just before your iframes wear off).

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:03 AM
    Moderator Post
    This is an 'intentional' client bug that exist the day auto pot came out (there's old videos where people tested the feature). Honestly, while fixing it would be nice, I think it makes auto pots extremely OP. You no longer need pay attention and the game becomes even more hold button and wait until boss die.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    While this is true, it is also one of the main reasons that extreme hp washing is very desirable. Once you have enough hp to the point where a boss 4 hit kills you, the chance of repeated auto pot fails become so low that you can actually rely on it.

It is also another reason why classes with high avoid just feel so much nicer to play - autopot isn't as much of a liability for them.

Anyways if this is something that you want to intentionally leave in as a design choice, that is fine. We will all just have to continue using autopot and accepting it's fail chance.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Just remember you CHOSED to Hp wash EXTREMELY. Anybody unwashed would have the same issue, but thats also part of the game. Its mostly not triggering, when auto hp/mp gets triggered by 1/1s (its gunna use the mp pot first, and if its not an hp/mp % pot, its not gunna trigger HP pot at the same time as MP pot). This is why most mages die in boss runs if they use Mana bulls. because they get 1/1ed and it only heals MP first, and then HP pot kicks in after getting hit again.

Its also not hard to pay attention too. We all have trigger fingers so just press pot if you think its gunna fail. I would agree it'd be too OP as well. Its nice to have "Tubi" function in this server (where you can quickly spam pots instead of having a delay like in GMS/old maple

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. xBiscuit

xBiscuit Blue Snail

Aug 27, 2015
    Male
    Seattle
    flashfreeze
    I/L Wizard
    While I'm not disagreeing that it makes it way easier, and that if it's a design choice, that's fair; I don't really get the logic behind this reason, personally.

From a logical standpoint, the auto-pot feature was made (and advertised) as an item that uses potions when your hp/mp drops under a certain threshold. There are no caveats stated in the item description, such as [has a chance to fail] or [only works sometimes because it would be too EASY *finger wag*].
    There are many people that would argue that HP washing & leeching makes it too easy, but since it's a playstyle choice, everyone lets them play how they want. I don't see how auto-pot is different? It's a playstyle choice whether you want to stare at your HP/MP bar the whole time.

It would kinda be like making attack skills have a 25% of not activating when you push its button, because "if everytime you pressed Magic Claw, it actually worked, that would be too OP and you would be able to kill monsters WAY too fast." or something along those lines. It just doesn't make sense logically to me haha.

Once again, it's your game and making it a design choice is fine in my book - I probably won't even use auto-pot personally haha - but I don't necessarily see why this reasoning should be used.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I have to disagree with the logic here, but if it's a design choice that's here to stay so be it. I'll just wash my characters excessively so that auto pot works for me as actually intended.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:03 AM
    Moderator Post
    I guess I should also just mention that fixing this isn't easy. It's all done by client and changing whole mechanics by client hacks is not easiest task.

8. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    2:03 AM
    I have 22k hp still die xd

I say that it's pretty fine right now, you should still be diligent when bossing, rather than just looking away and holding down one button.

9. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    8:03 AM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    Is auto pot doesnt work for bowmasters or something because everytime im in boss run its like 50% fails. if you can fix it like suggested it will be nice.
    or is there a way around it if someone know? its very annoying when i have to stop attacking when everyone just keep going.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    12:03 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Most of the time the reason that you cannot pot in hurricane is because you are holding onto the hurricane button for too long. For whatever reason autopot tends to fail when you are holding down buttons as you get hit, if you let go of your keyboard completely autopot will (almost) never fail. If you release the hurricane button as soon as you get hit autopot will work most of the time. That said even if autopot fails, you can react to it failing and pot during the frames where you have been stunned by the attack, so you really should not be losing any dps time at all.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Vowels

Vowels Slimy

Jan 23, 2019
    3:03 AM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    Bump to this. As a bishop that does horntail daily I feel that this bug is very unfair, specially to this class during the battle with this boss.

It's being mentioned that it wont get fixed because "You no longer need pay attention and the game becomes even more hold button and wait until boss die." But this only holds true to attacker class, instead Bishop needs to keep and eye on a lot of things (I recommend reading shay's guide to realize how complex it can be). For example instead of holding one button, a Bishop needs to keep an eye on seduce and mass seduce timers from both hands, dispel timers from head and from arm, horntail buffs to dispel, HS/bless/mw up in every party member, dark wyverns, etc.

Can you imagine doing everything fine and not dying by horntail mechanics but because autopot wont work? I guess Bishops need to grow a third eye to look at our MP bars

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    what pots do u use for hp/mp

13. Vowels

Vowels Slimy

Jan 23, 2019
    3:03 AM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    ginger ales on auto hp/mp and ginseng roots to pot manually. I prefer to stay always with my bars full, so I just use ginsengs when I'm at 60 % hp/mp and leave the heavy damage or 1/1s to the pet.

I've only died once to this bug and it was because I had to exclusively look at multiple body parts animations, got 1/1d and instead of autopot healing me properly It just didn't work. I mean the point is that it's not afk gameplay and that autopot should work properly, I wasn't just holding a button I was focusing on preventing horntail going wild and in making my party being properly buffed and in doing damage aswell. So dying from that was ridiculous.

I just don't like the argument of just because the fix would make it easier to namely night lord or whatever class that can afk att, we all should assume an extra layer of difficulty, specially bishops.

• Agree Agree x 7
  14. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    2:03 AM
    Trion
    Beginner
    Came across this thread years later but I have something to add. I found an solution that has ALWAYS worked for me but it can expensive/time consuming. The big killer for me were the bosses that did 1/1 attacks all the time. Eventually i would 1/1'd and my Hp would be 1 when i wasnt paying attention or typing and I would die. I have tried all kinds of things until one day I decided to use either elixir/power elixir in BOTH hp and mp. Once this happened whether I cast buffs, certain attacks (which would sometimes freeze the pet HP and not heal) this solution ALWAYS healed me no matter the circumstance.

The downside to this method is that whenever you get hit with 1/1 attacks you use up 2 potions instead of 1. But it is literally auto pilot and you are god mode and never have to worry about dying.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1