1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bad Reverse/Timeless Gear Improvements

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Skuire, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    2:46 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    EDIT 6.3.2021: I noticed that somebody bumped up this old thread, so just note that quite a few of these items have been buffed/fixed since its creation! Some of them (cough polearm) are still really bad, though.

Pink Bean is the biggest, baddest, hardest boss in the Maple World. You'd think he would drop some of the badassest gear, and in some cases he does! But in others, he drops worthless NPC fodder. Wouldn't it be cool if we could tweak some of those terrible but awesome looking pieces of gear into something worth using?

Something to consider before you call the power-creep police on me:
    • Reverse/Timeless equips being UNTRADEABLE after equip is a drastic tradeoff. Even if you create the most powerful gear in the game, you will never be able to sell it or hand it down. This already makes them undesirable to all but the sweatiest, most hardcore players. The nature of being character-bound justifies their power.

CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO GO TO GEAR'S LIB ENTRY!
    ALSO REMEMBER THAT THESE THINGS ALL LEVEL UP! (I recommend bbb.hidden-street.net for checking levels, though not sure if they're all correct for Legends)
    -----------------------
    WEAPONS
    -----------------------
    [​IMG]
    Reverse/Timeless Allargando (1HBW)
    Base Weapon Attack (Reverse): 108 -> 120 (Range 118-122)
    Base Weapon Attack (Timeless): 110 -> 122 (Range 120-124)
    • Finally gives Crushed Skull users a worthy upgrade on par with all the other new weapons.
    [​IMG]
    Reverse/Timeless Bellocce (2HBW)
    Attack Speed: Slow (7) -> Normal (6)
    • At last a viable 2HBW for the true Hammerchads? Yes please.
    [​IMG]
    Reverse/Timeless Diesra (Polearm)
    Attack Speed: Slow (8) -> Normal (6)
    • Currently worthless compared to Purple Surfboard. Normal speed lets it cap with SI and become the endgame grinding polearm.
    [​IMG]
    Reverse/Timeless Executioners (1H Sword)

Attack Speed: Fast (5) -> Fast (4)
    Base Weapon Attack (Reverse): 108 -> 102 (Range 100-104)
    Base Weapon Attack (Timeless): 110 -> 104 (Range 102-106)
    • Fast (5) 1h swords are really, really lame and no one cares to use them. Boosting it to 4 and lowering the att makes this the endgame 1h sword on top of Red Katana and Speargrave.
    -----------------------
    SHIELDS
    -----------------------
    [​IMG]
    Timeless Kite Shield (Warrior Shield)
    Upgrade Slots: 7 -> 10
    • Turns this thing from useless into competitive with level 20 Maple Warrior Shield.
    [​IMG]
    Timeless Prelude (Mage Shield)
    Upgrade Slots: 7 -> 10
    • Still lukmage meme item, but slightly more competitive with Maple Magician Shield.
    [​IMG]
    Timeless List (Thief Shield kek)
    Weapon Attack: 0 -> 17 (Range 15-19)
    Upgrade Slots: 7 (same)
    • Turns a worthless piece of trash into an att shield with slightly higher potential than Dragon Khanjar. This is probably unnecessary but the shield looks cool and i don't want something so sexy to be such a worthless waste of a drop SlimeSweat
    -----------------------
    GLOVES
    -----------------------
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    All Reverse/Timeless Gloves
    Upgrade Slots: 5 -> 7
    • With only 5 slots, these things are total NPC fodder. 7 will make them competitive with Brown Work Glove/Yellow Marker for an ultra-endgame glove.
    -----------------------
    CAPE???
    -----------------------
    [​IMG]
    Timeless Moonlight
    Not sure what to do with this trash. Maybe give it some weapon att like BFC? Or just keep it NPC fodder. SlimeXD

~

Looking forward to your ideas and discussion as always!

• Agree Agree x 31
    • Like Like x 7
    • Creative Creative x 2
  2. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    4:46 PM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Great suggestions! However i would suggest having the 1h BW be considered to having it a Fast speed, so it'll be on par with the 1h sword, than an attack increase.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Only problem I have with this is that it's way lower potential when SI is in play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pante

Pante Slime

Aug 16, 2020
    Male
    4:46 AM
    As it stands the 1h BW and the 1h sword would probably benefit more from a speed upgrade. Both the NT 1h blunt-weapon/sword are fast 4 and outclass the reverse weapons in situations where there is no SI. Not only that, but you might as well use a stone tooth over a fast 5 1h sword since it’s cheaper and benefits from the 2h damage multiplier. In my opinion a fair buff would be to make the reverse 1h bw fast 4 while keeping its attack the same, and making the sword fast 4 while reducing its max attack from 110 to 108.

Also 1h sword should be buffed because as it stands the red katana and NT swords are ugly and the executioner looks cool as fuck.

5. kfirzz

kfirzz Mano

Jan 31, 2019
    Male
    11:46 AM
    kfirzz
    besides the gloves i ship everything 10/10 well done

6. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    I wonder why is spear the only PB drop changed but not all of these?
    Is it because no one is pushing hard for these weapon, since no one using it?
    "gacha-gate"?...look at all the Elemental wands... hmmm ... I wonder why.

Not too sure about the numbers, but yes in general.
    Maybe they should not be buffed to be better than existing end game weapon. But at least make it on par.

Edit: quick look, glove might seems OP at 7 slot. maybe 6 is enough. but the idea is there

7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    1:46 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    6 slots on the glove would put it at best equal to brown work gloves. (1 attack is worth about 5 stats, 1 slot on a bwg is worth 3 attack at end game, so the glove would need 15 effective stat with 6 slots to be equal to bwg).

Combine that with being untradable, its simply not worth to pursue over bwg. BWG would be cheaper and better and more versatile.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Are the equipment untradable also? glove is not really a weapon right, so it won't level up.

9. ScarletMoon

ScarletMoon Orange Mushroom

Oct 5, 2020
    Male
    Yes, all reverse and timeless equipment are untradable.

Also, all reverse and timeless would likewise level up.

You can see the stats of the level up at bbb hiddenstreet.

• Like Like x 1
  10. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Huge yes to all of these, particularly Timeless Allargando buff.

Every job gets a massive improvement over their original BIS equips, except for 1hbw paladins, whose original BIS (skull) already barely managed to stay competitive, mostly courtesy of being cheap and easy to scroll.

EDIT: I'm not fucking joking when I say: if you make rev/timeless 2h bw (6) speed, I will make it my goal to use it as my main weapon. It has always been my goal to be a hammer chad, too bad the only useable one end-game is Morningstar and it sucks balls

• Like Like x 2
  11. iccqqq

iccqqq Dark Stone Golem

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    11:46 AM
    Hero
    also the reverse 1 handed axe is normal attack speed and it d be nice if it was fast5 like the sword.
    dreaming of a world where axes have the same attack speed as swords.. beautiful..
    :oops:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Added.

I didn't even bother looking at axes because they're already so terrible compared to swords it feels like a whole nother issue. Will take a look at them though. SlimeSmile

• Like Like x 1
  13. WatIsDeze

WatIsDeze Horny Mushroom

May 1, 2020
    10:46 AM
    Camper
    0/10 not enough axe buffs

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. ShadowRealm

ShadowRealm Chronos

Jun 18, 2018
    1:46 AM
    Shadower
    Reverse/Timeless Hat should actually be buffed for replacement for zhelm/scar
    Timeless Fennel: 7 STR -> 14 STR
    Timeless Coral: 7 INT 5 LUK -> 12 INT 8 LUK
    Timeless Rapido: 3 STR 7 DEX -> 8 STR 12 DEX
    Timeless Chive: 4 DEX 6 LUK -> 8 DEX 12 LUK
    Timeless Conrad Henkel: 6 STR 6 DEX -> 10 DEX 10 LUK

15. Knighthatzi

Knighthatzi Slime

Jun 22, 2019
    Male
    Melbourne, Australia
    6:46 PM
    HatziS
    Bishop
    If anything a helm should like the pendant where it adds all stats, as a hero main even if the reverse gave 20 STR as a perfect plus perfect rng level up, I still need my z helm for the pure acc plus the Dex and Luk, as for the weapons if they were buffed it would make them more viable I have farmed almost 70 time pieces since the change and the only things I have seen made are about 5 lampions and 1 bow and I don't think many people have spent as much time hunting time pieces to make their respective gear

16. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Make Timeless Moonlight into another sort of BFC. I havent look at the crafting for it yet, but I assume it uses Time Stone. Grants 3-5 wa but more HP than BFC, maybe 400 or 500.

Not sure if gate keeping using Time Stone is a good idea or not, would be more suited if there's a Reversed Version. Requires as much, or if not more pieces of time compared to weapons, and makes it really tedious to obtain it - requires random amounts of untradable quest-only or boss-only items to craft the cape. Prevent the cape from being craftable by buying etcs from market and players actually needs to work to craft it.

To be used as a gate-keeper for lightly washed players to enter pink bean, similar to monster book ring.

• Like Like x 2
  17. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    5:46 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Does the gloves have 7 slots now? Just curious at how this whole timeless system works

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Yeah this was changed quite a while ago, gloves/shoes have 7 slots and shields have 10

[​IMG]
    Feb 22 patch

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    5:46 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    How does the leveling system works? Does it consumes slots? I'm so lost LOL is there a guide?

20. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    This should cover it all

Leveling Up Your New Equips

Exp Needed To Level
    Each weapon exp scales differently to actual exp gained in game. These are the amount of "item exp" you need to level your weapons:
    80 EXP
    90 EXP
    100 EXP
    110 EXP *MAX LEVEL FOR REVERSE EQUIPS*
    120 EXP
    MAX LEVEL FOR TIMELESS EQUIPS
    For non-mage weapons, the item receives the following after each level-up:
    + WATK (0~2)
    + Primary Stat (1~2)
    + Secondary Stat (0~1)

For mage weapons, the item receives the following after each level-up:
    + MATK (1~4) *weapons only*
    + INT (1~2)
    + LUK (0~1)

For non-weapons, the item receives the following after each level-up:
    + Primary Stat (0~1)
    + Secondary Stat (0~1)
    Other stats depends on the item type, but includes MATK, MaxHP, MaxMP, avoidability, defense, speed, and jump

NOTE ON ITEM EXP/LEVEL DISPLAY
    Currently, the new item exp/level should display like this:
    [​IMG]

*prototype screenshot from our client (v62)

However, this feature was never implemented in our version, so it is rather difficult to implement. While we have figured out how to make it display (see above) there's still a bit of touch and polish needed.

As a temporary workaround, we have created the command @itemexp which will show the exp and level any items that you currently have equipped:
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1