1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Potions cost renewal

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Motto, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    5:27 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Hello all.
    I am here to discuss the ever-going love we have for % HP/MP pots coming from NLC.
    [​IMG] Oh no this tomato wants to ruin my shop

(not putting sushi because else I'll get shitfaced by DK mains, but I'll just say the price of 3k for a 20% HP/MP is fine)

Right now the most important pots being used (> LVL 14x) :

[​IMG] Mana bull (60% MP) @ 2800 meso
    [​IMG] Hornster (60% HP) @ 2800 meso
    [​IMG] Ginseng Root (40% HP/MP) @ 2100 meso
    [​IMG] Ginger Ale (75% HP/MP) @ 3800 meso

And, in retrospect more less used pots with % HP/MP :
    [​IMG] Mushroom Miso Ramen (80% HP/MP) @ 12000 meso
    [​IMG] Mapleade (90% HP/ 80% MP, +2wa) @ 15000 meso

We can see how, by determining the price of 100% HP/MP the NLC pots are being undersold by our friendly Miki.

I'd argue that, by using a MM Ramen as the standard price (given mapleade has +2wa in its effects).
    We can see, with very simple proportionality that

80% HP/MP (0.8) : 12000 = 100% HP/MP (1) : Y
    Y = 1*12000 / 0.8 = 15000 meso

By placing a standard price of 15k meso for a full HP/MP pot we can see how this goes correctly in comparison to a very friendly looking pot the DKs use :
    [​IMG] Triangular Sushi(plum) (20% HP/MP) @ 3000 meso

Why is this pot correct?
    Because at 20% we are looking at well... 20% of the 15000 meso price => 15000 * 0.2 = 3000 meso

For this reason my proposal is to increase the NLC pots to this new standard :

Thanks to Luu for another small nugget that I was forgetting about the 1:2 ratio for HP/MP pots in general.

[​IMG] Mana Bull 2800 meso => 4500 6000 meso (given its only %MP so possible 10000 meso for 100% MP)
    [​IMG] Hornster 2800 meso => 4500 3000 meso (given its only %HP so possible 5000 meso for 100% HP)

Hornster might be better at 3k meso increase (slight 0.07%) and wouldn't be hurting attacker classes much. (4500 meso is still a possibility but wouldn't stand to the 1:2 HP/MP ratio of normal pots)

[​IMG] Ginseng Root 2100 meso => 6000 meso
    [​IMG] Ginger Ale 3800 meso => 11250 meso

At the moment we can see the price of 100% HP/MP in ML being around the 5k meso range which is fairly low.
    At this point Sushi for 20% HP/MP would be costing 1000 meso per piece... too cheap.

By using Sushi and Miso Ramen as the standards for 100% HP/MP we would be seeing an increase from the 5k meso range to 15k meso.

Market wise the increased cost of NLC pots would be increasing the cost of Power Elixir (given its 100% HP/MP effect).
    Meso sink : Check

Possible increased cost of boss runs and boss items in market.
    Leeching expenses increased, so is scroll costs from grinding.

Idk, take what I said with a pinch of salt and think about it.
    Peace

• Disagree x 17
    • Agree x 5
    • Like x 3
    • Creative x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Great Work x 1
  2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    8-13 S> bulls and honster 2900 a piece even if changed

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  3. Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    11:27 PM
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    While we're at it, jack up Sorcerer potions to 3000 mesos. Every other MP potion in the game is roughly 2 mesos per MP, but that one is 1 meso per MP, rendering literally every other fixed-amount MP potion a waste of money once you're above, like, 1000 MP (since the MP you're wasting by overhealing is still cheaper than if you just bought a potion that healed less).

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I have to disagree with a pot increase in price. All this will do is make bossing even less profit (or just simply more of a loss) since it requires the most pots during a direct amount of time. For mages this won't make a huge difference as there are always people wanting to purchase leech and you can just increase your leech cost, besides the fact you are already getting the most mesos per hour (or per amount of effort) in the game. This only punishes the non-mage classes who are trying to obtain decent hp and don't have huge funds to use. There were points in time I could not afford pots to do zakum on my bm. My question is why change it? What benefit?

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    8:27 PM
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    MottoMotto wants justice for drks

6. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    6:27 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper

If leech prices can adjust, why can't bossing prices adjust to the pot prices? After all bossers use the same pots leech sellers use, no? Prices of many things would adjust with this change, because people want to make profits or cover the pot cost.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  7. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Because there is only 2 drops worth anything from bosses. The odds of getting them is low so most boss runs are loss. Buyers aren't as common as leeches either. There is a surplus of people buying leech, plus more times they would use it vs number of people selling. There is a surplus of people selling boss services vs people buying and it is usually a one time thing per character.

In the end you have a lot more players bossing with no returns or minimal returns that doesn't cover the cost even remotely.

• Agree Agree x 7
  8. Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    It also depends on how you do the math. If we disregard some of the weird food healing items, generally we have a cost breakdown of 1 meso per HP and 2 mesos per MP healed. There are few items that do fixed-heals on both (said weird food healing items), but their costs are all over the place. If we stick with this general premise (that it costs 1 meso per HP and 2 per MP), then the price breakdown is slightly different.

Assuming the cost breakdown of 15000 mesos for a full heal, that would break down to 5000 mesos for HP and 10000 mesos for MP in that heal, rather than the 7500-7500 split. With that cost breakdown, hornsters are actually priced exactly where they should be (paying exactly for percentage it would be 3000 per potion, so 2800 is close enough), while mana bulls should cost 6000 mesos apiece. The other both-heal cost changes (ginseng stuff) would be the same.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    6:27 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Thats exactly the current state of bossing now though, this change is meant to lower the efficiency of mage farming in general, and introducing a meso sink that is not exactly optional as most current meso sinks are. (meso sink is just a way for mesos to leave the game)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I personally do not care if this gets implemented, but I just want to note that this will hurt unwashed players disproportionately. It also will hurt non-thieves much harder. This is kind of like a regressive tax where our less washed, non thief players will be paying the most.

• Agree Agree x 28
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    This won't negatively affect mages in any significant way. This is a minor change to a mage but would make a big difference to other classes. Yes bossing is already trash so let's make it more trash so a mage makes 1% less money?

12. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Relative to Ginseng Root and Ginger Ale I still have to find the reason some classes are using them, tbh.
    I have found myself using less common pots for thieve (well shadower) for some time before moving to Ginseng Root.
    Anyway I followed Luu's post for the 1:2 HP/MP ratio of normal pots and moved Mana Bull to a 10k meso range and the Hornster to a 5k meso range.

Meaning Mana Bull will be costing 6k meso and Hornster 3k meso ea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    S>cleric heal service. 15k per heal

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    11:27 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    i guess i'll juz eat grilled cheese forever :(

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Explain, because it doesn't really make any sense.

Even if Hornster increased by 200 meso per pot it wouldn't be burning that much more.
    If you were using Ginseng Root or Ginger Ale... you're doing something wrong.
    [​IMG]

16. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    9:27 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Chad Grilled Cheese 500hp+mp for 500 meso gets away unscathed.
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 4
  17. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    11:27 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I use ginseng root on my hero, on both zak, cwkpq and general 7F grind.
    Being heavily washed (29k HP, 3k mp), it makes more economical sense to juggle between honster + ginseng + sorcerer elixir :)

18. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I use honsters and ginseng root as a BM, but I have 12k mp right now because I am mid wash. But with 1/1s I go through honsters very fast. It adds up when your take from a run is 100k by you used 300 honsters.

Also when it comes to bossing you are punishing lower level parties that require more players in the party because they are already making less per run with same or higher cost, vs a higher level smaller party that will take larger cut of profit from a boss run.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. geospiza

geospiza Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Apr 16, 2020
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    Ginseng roots are the staple grinding potion for Dark Knights (40% hp/mp) because it's the most cost effective way to stay in zerking range. I haven't tracked my potion costs relative to my meso gain, but a nearly 3x increase in the ginsengs would cut my grinding profits by quite a bit.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    For my unwashed BM, I have to use 1 honster per mob hit, so it's already prohibitively expensive to self-train at 7F/ToT (more expensive than the bull costs on my mage). That being said, I already pay 3k per honster, because I buy them from the FM...

Another thought is that if you increase the price of mana bulls, the price of PE will match accordingly (maybe go up to 8k). This WILL affect a lot of bossers. For an unwashed player, depending on the boss, you might have to double-honster per hit, or just use 1 PE which is more cost effective. So this will probably effectively double the cost of HT runs...

As Pepper stated above, I'm not sure if this will affect meso-farming mages *that* much (using shiv's 4x mage journal, doubling his pot costs and PE rewards, nets you around 21m/hr). Usually the entire market adjusts its prices according to the most degenerate meso farming strats anyways as more people adopt them.

This will affect a lot of early game A/Ms though, as it's probably prohibitively expensive to train at 5-6F at lvl 130.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1