1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you and Farewell

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by shot, Jun 5, 2021.

1. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    2:34 AM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Hey everyone~

Apologies for poor word choices because I've never written things like these before... Where should I even start...

*Deep breath*
    I promise I'll try not to be too emotional

My name is shot (also goes by Davi in game). I have joined Legends in early October of 2017, which I was fortunate enough to work as a developer since mid-late 2018. During my time here, I had the privilege to code and implement various new game contents (MPQ, CWKPQ, PB, and revamped wedding to name a few) as well as other improvements to make Legends one step closer to how things used to behave back in GMS, which I found it to be both fun and challenging. However, as someone has famously once said, all good things must come to an end- there is an end to everything, to good things as well. The real life responsibilities have finally caught up to me, thus I wanted to take this time to announce that I will be taking a step back from staff to focus more in real life, as well as thanking those that have been with me throughout my journey in MapleLegends.

When I first started Legends, I have never expected myself to last this long- from barely being able to afford enough mesos for a potion, to not knowing anybody in game to play with, there have been many times during my time here that I think I would have quit. But I kept on going, and it was thanks to this community in general for being so welcoming and helpful when I first started out. Had maybeandymaybeandy not given me generous mesos when I famed him, or had people in GS2 not been kind enough to grind together when asked, I really do not think I would have been here today without the help of a community as a whole.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'd also like to thank the staff for being supportive and giving me so much freedom on what I should work on when it came to development side of things. Especially KimberlyKimberly , I really appreciate giving me a chance when I first started out, despite knowing that it takes a big risk to onboard somebody as a developer, let alone as brand new. I really have learned a lot over these past long (but feeling short) 3 years, and it's all thanks to you for having a trust in me. For rest of staff (NaviNavi PastaPasta MirrorsMirrors DuckysDuckys DraudsDrauds pepegun FeroxAnimaFeroxAnima and rest), I want to thank each and every one of you for maintaining such a positive environment while dedicating so much time to serve for the community. You guys are seriously doing a wonderful job, and I am sure you guys will continue to stay that way regardless of how much time passes by.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Speaking of time, I'd also like to thank members from my former guild (KynixKynix MrPresidentMrPresident maydaymayday MsFortuneMsFortune and others) and alliance (KonnuiKonnui and many others that I can't find the name for love of god) for taking their time to give me a chance to be part of their community. I remember joining a guild just to get a free zak/scar helmets, only to be part of something much more than I would have imagined, ranging from hosting HT to countless number of GPQ runs that we've ran to maintain our #1 status... And the fact that I have made so many lifelong friends, I feel very grateful to have been involved. You guys were the reason that made the game so much more enjoyable and engaging for me to play. So in regards to that, I just want to say thank you :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

OnionSorry
    Last but not least, I want to thank my former maple waifu KuroUsagiKuroUsagi throughout my whole journey both in and outside of maple. I feel so so soo lucky to have ran into you during GS2 days when you used to make fun of me for still using pink pots as a mage and that my hair looks like a cabbage... You have been such a big motivator for me when I was feeling down or going through tough times of my life, and you were the main reason that allowed me to continue pushing myself to make Legends the place we know and love today. My only regret is not doing enough to help when you needed me the most (and acting selfishly at times), but it gives me a glimpse of smile that you are still just as positive and uplifting in the end. I know I may have only been small part of your life, but I still wanted to say thanks for dealing with my imperfect self and guiding me through memories that I will forever cherish.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Annnd I'm pretty sure there are like 2105891204910 others that I probably forgot to mention yes my memory is terrible... To whomever that I forgot or didn't get to specifically mention the names, I just want to say thanks for talking to me and allowing me to be part of your journey.

It was quite fun and heart-warming for me to gather my old screenshots and stitch them together almost as I am walking through the memory lane... You know, there is a word saying that nobody truly quits maple... Only little breaks here and there. Maybe I'll revisit once in awhile when my life has been sorted out but until then...

OnionBye

• Friendly Friendly x 67
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    3:34 AM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Wishing you the best my friend! Thank you for all your hard work.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    1:34 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Damn................
    You're a beast, man. I'm honestly not sure what Legends will do without you.

Thank you for all your great work here, and best of luck sorting out your life! Hope to see you around the server again after you've got things under control. SlimeSmile:heartbeat:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    We never got to really meet. But the true mark of your character is all the wonderful things I heard from other people about you, that voluntarily sung your praises without being asked. You had a real impact on this community and game and we all thank you for giving staff and the game so much support.

I am glad you have your priorities in order and tackling real life first before you think about going back to Maple one day. My motto always was "real life comes first" whether in the guilds or just everyday Mapling. Hope to see you again one day and that was beautifully written!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. d3lm

d3lm Selkie Jr.

May 11, 2020
    Male
    2:34 PM
    I'm very grateful for everything you've done the past few years even tho I didn't get the chance to run into you in game (I really wish I did). When I was starting out I tried to read all the bucc's guides and came across the bible : new testament MapleF2 I even still has it bookmarked for when I can't rely on my gold fish memory LOL. But yea, thank you and best of luck to you :thumbsup:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    4:34 AM
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    Thank you for everything man! You were my inspiration since the day I started because of your bucc guides, which I'd read a bunch of times. I thought you weren't around anymore because I tried to track you a few times without success, so I'm a bit sad that I couldn't do some bossing with you, but it's all good, best wishes for your life! :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Serin

Serin Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

Apr 10, 2017
    Korea
    4:34 PM
    NOO MAH DDAAADADAVI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was going to write this privately but you really do deserve all the recognition and love!!!! SCREECHES
    I've been here a LONG ASS TIME and have seen you go through so much both in-game, Staff, and the things you told us about RL.
    I'm so thankful to have had the chance to work with and just get to know you!!! There was probably a SHET TON of stress factors back when you first joined staff as well especially cause of all the messes you had to *clean up* being one of the only Devs WHILE STILL NEW with so much going on. You've created and fixed so many amazing things for MapleLegends you haven't even listed and we will forever appreciate you for that.

I WILL MISS WRITING UNWANTED STAFF BOY-LOVE FANFICTION AND ART ABOUT YOU AND OTHER DABI.
    THANK YOU FOR PUTTING UP WITH MY CRAZY FANGIRLING ALL THE TIME AND EVEN SUPPORTING IT HAHA.
    [​IMG] <-- When other Davi first joined and you said this and i turned it out of context KEK

I truly wish you the HECKIN BEST IN LIFE and will always love love LOVE YOU. BE STRONK DAVI@@@@@

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:34 AM
    Moderator Post
    ugh, where to begin

You came on board when I was completely destroyed out of trust, due to a former staff member completely betraying and almost destroying my will to still run ML, which of course is not a really great thing to join on. However, slowly things became clear that the vibe and the way the staff started become became better and better, and I slowly recovered thankfully.

Sometimes something very bad needs to happen, to have something much better in a long run. That is without a doubt what the staff did become, and I would say the era when you came on board is when the staff became so comfy and wholesome together. This doesn't really just go for you only, but also the other future additions on staff. The reason why I mention it here is that I feel the era started after you came on board, so it feels important to me.

I experienced you in the same way as I experienced NaviNavi. You started with basic enough things, and in my own eyes, I have seen you improve, improve, and improve. From scripts to emulator changes to fixing Odin bugs to straight-up refactoring things. You and PastaPasta are absolutely fantastic and seeing you all grow in my own eyes and at the speed you did is amazing to see, and I am happy that you'll be able to do more things in life thanks to things you've learned from developing here.

I want to thank you for recovering my trust that was absolutely destroyed prior to you joining. You are a huge part of the reason why ML is still going on right now, together with all the other amazing staff members right now, even being reasonable and understanding when I need to take breaks, and so on. I am still sad as to what happened years ago, but at the same time I am happy that it happened, because now the staff is in a way better place than it ever was, and you were part of that journey as well.

You are always welcome to come back, and you know that.

Thanks for everything so far!

• Friendly Friendly x 10
  9. FeroxAnima

FeroxAnima Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Dec 29, 2017
    Male
    10:34 AM
    Zelretch/HerSlave
    Bishop
    Horny/Muse
    A really touching post :heart:
    I'm really happy to have met you. You're an incredibly sweet & talented person and having you around has been amazing. One more testimony to the length & variety of your ML journey is the fact that we've met at a relatively late stage of it and yet still know each other for almost two and a half years... :eek:
    As you know, I've been mostly MIA for a good while now for RL reasons; what you may not know is that it's been rather heartwrenching to me to feel that several of my old friends have been drifting apart with time, somewhat, as we spoke less and less as a result of my semi-absence. And during this entire thing, you've been one of the people who made me feel "relevant": made me feel like my presence here still has a purpose; that it's still a positive thing. I guess pings secretly carry great power... MapleF14

I wish you good luck with anything you do from now on, and thank you for the happy memories ❤

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  10. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    12:34 AM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    SHOT I'LL MISS U... u did so much for the server and are nothing short of incredible!! I wish you the best of luck in your journey and I know you will succeed in whatever you put your mind to! Please come back and visit mushroom game once in a while.

WE LUV U FOREVER

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  11. SapphireJ

SapphireJ Dark Stone Golem

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    3:34 PM
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    Heyy.. I remembered you when I was in Honor in 2017! Didn't know you became a Staff ever since I came back in 2020.

Just wanna say you were awesome in Honor too while I was on AlicornMagic. Also, I believe you are one of the most hard workers here behind the scenes in the Staff Panel.

I wish you luck on your new endeavors and wanna thank you for everything you've done here!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    9:34 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    [​IMG]
    We didn't have much convos together but the ones we had were nice and friendly.

Hope you're going to do well and fine in life.
    Have fun out there in the non pixelated game.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Adrian707717

Adrian707717 Orange Mushroom

Jul 13, 2018
    Male
    UncleDumble
    Bishop
    Hey Davi !
    I hope everything turns out nice and smooth for you outside the maple world just like how temple of time pixels and BGM are.
    Will love to see your pixel return some where in the near future. Thanks for everything you've done for all of us. <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    I guess I’ll move to reboot , always enjoyed our talks shotshot :kekW:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Useful Useful x 2
  15. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    Bumping so this farewell post won't get lost. Thanks for all the blood sweat and tears you've put into this server!

16. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
  17. geospiza

geospiza Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Apr 16, 2020
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    Thank you shotshot for all you have done for the server. From weird database outages (the reason I made this), PB, and probably countless of tiny bugs -- I've always been curious and impressed by how well the server and it's development has been handled by such a small team. It would have been a cool experience to work with you OnionSpark

Do good things and stay well!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  18. Jacq

Jacq Slime

Jul 19, 2017
    Female
    Will miss you Davi! Good luck in your future endeavors <3

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Duckys

Duckys Nightshadow Retired Staff

Feb 27, 2019
    Duckys
    Bishop
    Thanks for everything you've done for MapleLegends. I'm sure you'll be successful at anything that stands before you in the future.

Glad to have had you as a part of our team -- it was a pleasure working with you.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  20. Scan

Scan Selkie Jr. Retired Staff

Jun 4, 2019
    Male
    Canada
    Anode
    Dark Knight
    Noir
    Thank you so much for all the amazing work you've done. Although it was short, it was a pleasure working with you. Your shenanigans with Eduardo always cracked me up, and I wish you all the best in the future :heart:

• Friendly Friendly x 1