1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Shadower buff

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by damon182, Jun 7, 2021.

1. damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    8:20 AM
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    As many of you may have seen, there's been some discussion on whether or not shadowers need some buffs, and I think I have a solution.

Many shadowers start their lives with an identity crisis, by training through the first job and some of the second using lucky 7. I suggest we implement this meta into the game post newbie levels, and allow shadowers to throw stars throughout their lives.

Wait? wouldn't they just be night lords at that point? No, we will have special weapons for them.

Wouldn't that be asking a lot of the dev team to add new weapons? No, we will repurpose another weapon.

It's long confused many an int-lord why a level 64 pirate knuckle is called a claw. But I see it as a new chapter of shadowers lives. Allow shadowers to equip this weapon and throw stars with it while retaining use of their normal attacks together.

Now you may ask why this weapon, well its called a claw so those throw stars. It also has pointy things on the end of it like daggers, and is already used for both melee and ranged attacks (yes in this suggestion, buccaneers are actually using it in 4th job with demolition). So this weapon is a perfect fit.

This already plays to the main attraction of shadowers, their versatility. Now imagine using a macro of BS+L7, ez ranged bossing.

Another key feature of shadowers is they have a couple useless skills, such as disorder, steal, endure, shield mastery and chakra. So along with this new mode of attacking for shadowers, I suggest we replace ninja ambush (the MOST useless skill) with avenger. Yes you heard me Avenger.

This would allow shadowers immense possibilities, with a BS+avenger macro they could be both a melee attacker and a range cleaver, and imo the most stylish. Better yet toss taunt into that macro and now you have range cleave with built in HS, probably the most op combo possible. Great for bossing versatility, great for grinding because you have a range cleave that stuns and gives bonus xp

Pros:
    - range cleave for days
    - int-lords will be upset
    - getting rid of ninja ambush

Cons:
    - lvl 64 Buccs will have a hard time finding a weapon
    - none

So to sum up this would make shadowers absolutely OP, and play to the theme of them being very versatile. This would also stop all the people whining on the forums to buff shadowers.

• Creative Creative x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    5:20 AM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I heard staff is accepting applications for the balance team. Based off the analysis here (excellent job btw), I’d say you’re a shoe in. On behalf of the community, I humbly request that you save this game with your natural aptitude for game balance.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    8:20 PM
    rip shads. nerfed after being abused as taunt mules. gonna be nerfed after being abused as smoke mules

4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    If the shoo fits.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I think we just added a few more hours to the patch maintenance so all of this can be done

6. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    2:20 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Let me see if I got the point, you want Shadower to be a hybrid between dagger and Claw by allowing them to wear any knuckle that has claw in the name or well just that knuckle you mention (the level 110 knuckle is named: Dragon Slash Claw)? If that's your point I will give you my opinion.

The why people do the SinDit build is because of how good Lucky 7 is compared to Double Stab, lets see:

Lucky 7 Double Stab
    150% twice 130% twice
    Multiplier of 5 Multiplier of 3.6
    Needs no mastery Needs mastery
    Ranged Melee with kinda short range.

And useless skills like Disorder allow you to just max all the claw things without losing on Dark Sight, I think you can even max it with 3rd job points since yep as you said it has lots of useless skills. The special formula makes the skill need no mastery so you can use this skill until getting mastery and/or Savage blow. Just another point both 1st job for pirate and thief alow the user to chose melee or range path (being a bit worst on pirate since you even need different main stats depending on your path) so the first job needs to accommodate both skills, fun fact: Corsairs is the only class in maple that doesn't use the hand that is in front of the camera to hold the weapon because he needs that hand free to use flash fist; fun fact 2: flash fist can be used with any weapon probably because Neckson wanted this skill to be used with a gun as well.

Now how this would play out? Lucky 7 is an awesome skill and so is its upgrade Triple Trow but what makes it so good for NLs? I think is because Neckson made NL a very one dimensional class, if oyu think about it this class does the same thing from lv10 to 200 but you just get upgrades, and the upgrades are what make this skill so good,check this so you can see my point:

1st job 2nd job 3rd job 4th job
    Lucky 7: 150% x2 Now you can crit Now you can throw even more stars thanks to Shadow Partner You get literally the same skill but now you throw 3 stars instead of 2
    And well you also get more skills that kinda help you like Shadow Star and so on, but you see my point Luky 7 will get outdated and out damaged by other skills like Savage Blow or Assassinate.
    Against the melee vs ranged argument, I could say that Shadower like all melee jobs get a crucial skill to gain ground a rush forward skill: Assaulter in Shadower's case, this skill allows you to be more mobile and get closer to your enemeies or to change position better.
    So well your new skills will outclass Lucky 7 without upgrades even tho you can attack at a distance, and well adding those upgrades to Shadower would create the best Thief class in the game: Tanky as a Shadower, Awesome 1vs1 damage, Good mobbing, and good decent to awesome cleave in certain bosses.

Now positioning, even if you could throw stars, as far as I know, Shadower will mostly rather be up close to enemies when using its ranged skill: Boomerang (Kinda like Buccaneers with Dragon Strike). Lets take a look:

Zakum:
    -You are literally inside the arm hitbox to cleave the best of the lower arms, perhaps you would get some distance and boomerang+Luky7 combo if one arm is up but not for that long.
    -On the body part I think is better to stay close because you can hit the summons as well, help your team to kill them as you just DPS thru.

HT:
    -To maximize Boomerang cleave you want to be close to the closest part that you can get in order to cleave the most, in fact, Shadower cleave is so awesome because if you stay close jump, and boomerang you can cleave most of the time unlike warriors leading making you do massive DPM 45. Yes if one part is up then perhaps you would combo and perhaps it would lower the suffering on the arms but well I think Assassinate reaches unlike Buccaneers that if you are not transformed your DPM goes bye bye.

Pink Bean:
    -I may be wrong but I think Shad can hit up to 2 statues on that phase, and yep you wanna be close so you reach better.
    -Perhaps only on the Bean part would be relevant to use your combo but well no upgrades on Lucky 7.

CWKPQ:
    -Same, you wanna be close to reach all of the mobs with boomerang.

Jiaoceng:
    -Cleave the summons, gotta be near, help your team if it has range attackers.

The 1vs1 guys like NT or Krexel:
    -My point that I said before no upgrades you better Assasinate.

The Buccaneer part, yeah we are a weird mix of range attacks and melee but you often favor being up close since like Boomerang hitting other parts on multipart bosses is more efficient if you are close to the target. Also, the Buccaneer states:
    -Normal: You can Dragon Strike to deal damage at a distance but you can't spam the skill so you need to combo it with something else to deal more damage but all you can link while on normal mode is melee range: Barrage, Somersault, Corkscrew, and Backspin have a bit of range but not that much.

-Charged: You have Energy Drain but the damage itself is not that big so you need to combo it with a melee skill like Barrage to keep up the damage, Energy Orb is kinda the same most of your bossing power comes from Barrage and these skills are mostly used with it. Even Dragon Strike is better combo with Energy Blast (melee) to mob around more efficiently, you may use Orb only if perhaps you don't want to gather the mobs together with Corkscrew or Backspin after the first Dragon Strike and get some range but Orb damage loss for each bounce is severe.

-Transformed: Yep you can spam Demolition and get some range but unless you get knocked back you don't really want to be too far away from the target since once the Transformation is over you need to reproach with Corkscrew Blow or a quick dash forward, and in Bosses like Nameless you may just want to keep eating the touch damage haha.

So yeah as Bucc you will mostly favor being close to your target even if you have ranged skills, like Shad.

Well, that's my view on this, I must say I like people like you that give a spin to the ideas of Maple Balance, keep it up :)

Oh, lastly my view on the balance of Shadower more than do changes that may be too drastic to change the identity I would like to perhaps buff what's bad to be just ok or good. With Disorder, I would let it rot in 1st job. I suggested already a buff to Double Stab to benefit those brave ppl that use daggers since 1st job. Shield Mastery is hard to buff but it would be cool if the +100% def applied to all equips if a shield is used, still would be bad but well is something (Khanjard def is so low that +100% def is just 8 more def for 20 skill points lol). And Chakra, I really want this skill to work, would be cool to perhaps give it a cooldown like 10 secs or something (just a quick number I threw) but it heals you at the same rate or perhaps a different rate and it has no delay or a very small delay, like Shadow Star from NL, you can use this skill between 2 TT without slowing down your fire rate.

Sorry for the long reply, care .

• Agree x 3
    • Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
  7. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    1:20 PM
    Before even considering how much this would help the class, or if it would be balanced, I can say that it is way WAY too custom for this server. While we do have tweaks and changes to how skills work, this would completely change the class identity of shadowers. This may not be a bad change, as such, but I think if you want to see drastic changes to classes like this, you'd probably be better off playing on a different server. It just doesn't "fit" here (in my opinion, at least)

As someone with a 16x shadower, I also really don't think they're underpowered or need a buff. While shadower damage output is less than other classes, that's counterbalanced by having huge avoid (and therefore tiny pot costs) and being insanely tanky if washed (with mesoguard and HB, I can take hits higher than 30k and live). On top of that, smoke is pretty damn good and shadowers are really great at grinding compared to lots of other attacker classes. If anything, shadowers are overpowered... just in every way that people don't seem to care about.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    Both of you missed the best benefit to shadower versatility that this buff would bring. Since shadowers have insane avoid, the last time a shadower actually got hit was probably back when multicellular life was just taking hold in the world. So naturally before bossing runs any good shadower forgoes stocking up on pots (if you need mana just bring a bishop and beg for mana bulls). But in the off chance that you do get hit during a boss run from nate-ing into something, instead of begging for hp pots on top of mana pots, just swap to ranged attacking and its smooth sailing for the rest of the fight. This would just make the 0 hp pot & endure meta, that only a few chad shads employ, even stronger.

As I said before, most shadowers already start their lives with an identity crisis, so this wouldn't change the identity of shadowers, unless some poor soul used double stab for the first job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    2:20 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Is asking for shadower buffs the new meta to farming toxic funnies?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    What do you mean the new Meta, the last thread asking for shadower buffs, was just a thread about buccaneer dpm?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    6:20 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Thank you for your valiant effort at satiating our thirst for content before the big party begins.
    RIP Level 64 buccs, they will never recover after this much-needed shad buff is implemented.
    [​IMG]

12. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    9:20 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    He didn't even mentioned pickpocket..

13. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    People who ask for low level content changes are the same ones that come back 2 weeks later to complain about HP washing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Never underestimate the buccaneer ability to derail any non-bucc thread :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    So what exactly is barrel canceling?

16. OP
    OP
    damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    This isn't low level content, this is god tier end game content. The only reason this wouldn't get implemented are Kerning city council members who feel like the city has already reached population capacity, and can't handle people making more chadowers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    8:20 PM
    But no 1's buying GDKs rip.

18. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I didn't read your post. That was just my attempt to derail your meme thread into an HP washing thread.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    Let's make it an HP washing thread then, a ranged attacker with meso guard. Washing will and truly be optional as the GMs say.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Instead of holding down one button to atk like most pepega jobs, you triple your effort by pressing 3 different, carefully timed buttons every ~2 seconds to improve your overall dpm by maybe 5%ish

• Agree Agree x 1