1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Anniversary Event 2021 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Jun 7, 2021.

1. LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    7:13 AM
    LurkinShadow, LurkinMenace
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    Any thoughts on reworking NT craft price to match NT bullets (Armor-Piercing Bullets) following Shadow Star fix? (100m>50m or so?)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. boon

boon Mano

Jun 21, 2020
    12:13 PM
    BuccLah
    Buccaneer
    Crowns
    Hi yall, just a suggestion, i think most nightlords now are gonna sell off their MTK and take the 1watt downgrade for more sets of balanced furies

Just my humble opinion that MTK should have its watt increase to ensure its relevancy

Or as what saar has said to reduce MTK crafting price but that would cuck players who spent 100m im crafting in the past lel

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    6:13 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    If a thing is a bug... you fix it no?

idk if you ever worked in a company, if something is not working correctly you'd want to fix it.
    Still have a [​IMG] for the post

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    9:13 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    People have been anticipating the shadow star fix for months. Nightlords aren't going to sell off their MTKs that they already have. They'll just have to buy more furies to supplement their inventory if they haven't already done so.
    If people start panic selling their MTKs, B>.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    12:13 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Mfw collecting my :cash::cash::cash: from Fredrick after selling off the balanced furys I bought @ 17m each pre patch.
    [​IMG]

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
  6. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    I was actually thinking we should double MTK crafting prices for NLs to atone for their sins :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Just to do an analysis on the looting changes. This is data from my ulu1 journal:

[​IMG]

On average, the map generated 10.8m mesos per hour farmed. These changes do not impact anything other than the mesos looted. I think the impact of these changes are severely overstated in what they will accomplish. Because of the way multi-mage farming works you usually cast your ulti and then wait for respawn. This means you have 8-9 seconds of interrupted time to reposition your mage (who should now have meso magnet) in order to loot all the mesos. I think if you take a lazy approach you will see about a 3-4m reduction of net mesos if you choose not to move your mages much and reposition the mage that used to afk on the building onto the platform above the building, but if you choose to move your mage around with meso magnet on your pet you should see only about a 0-2m net loss per hour depending on how good you are at moving mages to where they need to go. This change will nerf ulu1 + other map farming though as it becomes much harder to loot a significant portion of the mesos; I believe it will nerf this strats meso-making potential by about 4-6m depending on how much mage movement you can get in.

This change will serve to hurt leech sellers the most especially those who sell petris or skeles because there is no way for the mage to loot the mesos on the map without taking significant EPH hits due to the map layout. I believe petri sellers will take about a 3-4m hit per hour and skele sellers will take a 4-5m hit per hour if they had been utilizing a sweeper before unless you choose to neuter your EPH in order to loot platforms. When you sell leech you do not have an 8-9 second window to go move your mage around to loot stuff so there's no way for you to minimize these losses.

Ulu2 shouldn't be too bad because you only have to loot once every 3 minutes so I don't see there being much impact here outside of a minor EPH hit. You should definitely sacrifice the EPH and just go loot top plat while maintaining casts.

In summary, from the perspective of a player trying to generate mesos this is a huge buff to multi-mage 5-6F, a slight to nothing nerf for ulu1 mage farming (it's a mild nerf to those who ulu1 + cornian farmed though as I imagine you will take a 4-6m hit on that front regardless of sweat), and a pretty massive nerf to income for end game solo mage players.

• Great Work Great Work x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    R>LPQ SINS?
    Sindits may work as well

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    2:13 PM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I feel something truly remarkable is happening reading these balance notes, almost as if billions of meso appeared in my inventory while clearing out some spare junk

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    S>Nt CrAfT sErViCe, Please I have the very special ability to make you golden MTKs

11. Misato

Misato Red Snail

Sep 19, 2020
    1:13 PM
    MamaMisato
    Bishop
    Ohana
    I love the PQ changes that will appeal to new comers

Won't lowering the amount of runs cost problem like "Not enough levels" to go next PQ?
    The only solution I see are PQ chores, Questing, Leeching and Grinding.
    Feels like the EXP reward for completing each stage should give more to compensate with that balance.

Was there a possibility to remove a certain stage in PQ to shorten the time consumption per run?
    Still can make up for it with more EXP given.

Can I complain about making [​IMG] Battleship no longer be dispelled? MapleF11

12. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    staff don't miss, side note s> mtks

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    11:13 PM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    It shouldn’t be a problem: in fact, a big issue with both EPQ and MPQ was that if you didn’t start at the earliest possible time, you’d have to suicide to fit in enough PQs to get the full rewards. OPQ still has overlap with both EPQ and PPQ as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Am I the only one who noticed the little hint?
    upload_2021-6-7_18-36-30.png

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    6:13 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    people don't read, isn't that the norm?

(me included)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I don't see how that takes away from what I'm saying. If the goal is to add more sources of WS/CS in the future you can easily redistribute the pool. It just doesn't make sense to me to only add WS to badge exchange when CS has been way scarcer within the economy lately. I owl these things daily and WS rarely falls below 2 pages results, whereas it happens fairly frequently to CS. I don't see any harm with my suggestion if they added both CS+WS to the exchange now and then later removed one to add it to some new type of quest line that is brought about by these additional changes.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I wasn't taking anything away from what you were saying. I am saying based on the original post they are hinting that they are working on another way to get CS scrolls.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. CoolDavid

CoolDavid Brown Teddy

Apr 19, 2018
    DavShad
    Shadower
    GuildLess
    Whats the subani ankh for?

19. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    CS could also be cash shop for all the new cash item requests POGGERS

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    11:13 PM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    It was an iTCG code item used to craft various items, notably Stormcaster Gloves (5 WA/MA clean).

iTCG forging in the future?

EDIT: iTCG means Stormcaster Gloves, Facestompers, CRYSTAL ILBIS

• Like Like x 1