1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Anniversary Event 2021 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    4:08 PM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    iirc Nightz777Nightz777 debunked this.

2. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    11:08 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Than now back to main topic.

I can't understand elemental resistance is matter in PB while non-elemental based classes are get resisted for 50% together.
    and it's obvious that pally beats 1vs1 DPM for hero, and DK, bucc, shad. (let's not mention about zerk. it's just sad.).

I'm not arguing. really wish to understand how pally can be 'worst' because of elemental resistance in PB. because, to agree on you, I need to understand.

3. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    3:08 PM
    paladins do less 1v1 dmg than heroes and zerking dk’s when using lightning charge.

4. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    So if i'm wrong, please correct me. If you use holy charge on PB and hit blast on him, you gets 1/4 dmg compared with neutral one?
    (because it's physical, gets 1/2 and it's holy, gets 1/2 again. = 1/4)

5. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    3:08 PM
    Yes

So the play is to use lightning charge which isn’t resisted, but you get smacked by physical resistance so u only do half anyway.

So on a like for like comparison, equal gear hero and pally, a pally blasting with lightning charge will do less dmg than a brandishing hero. With or without the physical resistance

6. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    10:08 AM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Pallies still get 50% DMG reduction since their atks are physical. However, if they use fire/ice charge, their DMG becomes 25%. So, no pallies do not avoid the 50% DMG reduction and are forced to use a weaker charge, lightning.

7. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    4:08 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Nah I'm still not sure how it works tbh.

I only posted a video debunking that you don't always white if you're solo (regardless of dmg done by others) with a video which was claimed by feed but I think MrPresidentMrPresident said that white goes to the highest damage dealer in the strongest party. I'm not really sure how the white system works in that case

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for janky description in library, I misunderstood. thanks for correcting me. now I understood. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    10:08 PM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    The highest damage dealer in the highest damage dealing party gets the white. If you have NLs in your party, they're either slacking or not using apples KEKW.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    yeah, I assume so, or, they just left party and made their own one before PB dies to troll me KEKW

11. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/removing-the-whiting-system.35836/

Here's a different thread about the whiting system. In a single party boss it's easy because it's just the highest damage dealer overall. In multi party bosses it's the highest damage dealer in the highest damage dealt party which can be skewed based on party comp. In PB specifically it could be because the NL party has a DK and bishop while the pally party has no DK or bishop which increases the overall party damage.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  12. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    And that's why the main post says:

We also decided against changing Meso Up for the same reason. Reflecting on changes we've done in the past, we decided that we would try our best not to make investments feel redundant unless there is no other option (aka bug fixes, like stopping Speed Infusion working on mages). :p

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Cerulean

Cerulean Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    9:08 AM
    Totally understood. But I hope you can also understand that the optics here don't look great, i.e. dexbuccs and HH mules were rendered useless when a relatively smaller group of creative players were utilizing them, but now MU mules are abundant to the point that staff members themselves are using them (Ferlucio even starts a whole thread on forums showing his heavily-used 140+ hermit MU mule) and coincidentally staff is now worried about hurting people who have invested in these mules?

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    7:08 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    What's the point in having a Meso Up mule if most mages aren't going to utilize them anymore? I highly doubt anybody was using Meso Up mule outside of a mage farming situation, so this feels like a cop out excuse. The changes seem to be a nerf to maps that relied on meso earnings to stay competitive (Skele/Petri) while further buffing the stronghold of Shaolin leech - which had been identified as a root cause of a top-heavy, end game server.

The worst part is that these changes seem to leave Shivering's ulu1 mage farming strats unfettered. Honestly, I preferred the option of using off-meta maps like Vikerolas for self-farming and self leech because I refuse to sell leech to other players, but I guess I'll have to move my business over to ulu city once again.

• Agree Agree x 8
  15. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    7:08 AM
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    I think everyone has a point here, but why not give the change a chance? Give it a week, and then talk about it. Who knows, maybe it's not as bad as you think, or it could be as you predicted. If the changes prove detrimental to the server's health, I'm sure staff will think of new ways to improve it.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. 4um_GOBLIN

4um_GOBLIN Red Snail

May 14, 2021
    Male
    FM 8-5
    Jenchu
    Buccaneer
    Bloom