1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Anniversary Events 2021

Discussion in 'Events' started by Mirrors, Jun 8, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    8:17 PM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Hello everyone,
    Hopefully I can discuss a bit about the event here and the different caps.
    Traditionally, there have been no weekly or daily caps. This would force people to feel forced to log in every day in order to maximize the amount of points they got or make them feel forced to farm all day at certain maps like burnt lands V for hours at a time. Looking back, we felt this was stressful to many of our players who may have full time jobs and are unable to login everyday. We wanted to make sure that they would be able to play the event on their own terms.
    This event we wanted to reward different kinds of gameplay such as pq and bossing and to move away from those restrictions. It is or hope that people will feel more chill about the event and will have time to relax if there's a weekly cap. I know I can't stop certain people from sweating it out on 6 characters if they want, but I'm hoping this will give people some breathing room and not feel obligated to do the event 24/7 and have some time to talk with friends online, and just chill.
    We are trying out new things and this is the first time we've done it, so please let us know in the feedback thread after the event if you think it was a good idea and how we could make it even better.
    Thanks!

• Friendly Friendly x 19
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. OP
    OP
    Mirrors

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    The details of the event such as prizes, cost, and specific point values are typically not released until the server is live. There are rings, NX drops, golden Gacha acts like a normal item.

I will say that the APR are relatively cheap this time around, with a single and bundle option, but they are not transferrable via Cash Shop.

• Informative Informative x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    11:17 PM
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    thanks for clarifying :) you mentioned about being able to sweat it out on 6 characters, does that mean points can be transferred? and that the 500 point cap is per character and not per account? those two things don't sound compatible so i'm a little confused about it

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Mirrors

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Points are bound to each character, and they cannot be transferred. Within each character there is a 500 point cap weekly ^-^

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    hey Mirrors, when you say Golden gacha acts like a normal item are you saying that it’s tradable or am I misinterpreting what you mean by “normal item?”

6. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    To be honest, I feel like this logic could lead to a slippery slope. Not sure why the staff feel people feel "forced to log in" and spend hours farming something. Yes, we have a limited time during this event, but I feel like if you start tailoring things to people not being able to play for 6 hours a day after work, then we should also start looking at things like HT which currently have a 2 hour timer and is repeatable twice a day. (1 HOUR HT TIMER)

As someone that has a full time job, obviously I stand to gain from this sentiment from staff, but I still feel that it's not fair. Players shouldn't be rewarded for spending less time, and they shouldn't be punished for spending extra time. Those that end up putting more time into ANYTHING will most likely reap the more benefits, that is literally how the world works.

Edit: This is kind of like your gym not letting you work out for more than 30 minutes a day because you're getting too jacked and making everyone else around you look small.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. sandpickle

sandpickle Mushmom

Dec 1, 2020
    Male
    10:17 PM
    firepickle
    Magician
    Cucumber
    Is this the real reason a lot of meso farming techniques and shaolin have continually been nerfed? So we don't feel forced to play 24/7?
    Glad the staff is looking out for our mental wellbeing.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    12:17 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    5:17 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Surely means "normal item" as that it acts like an item that can be picked up by any character unlike mesos

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Mirrors

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    I mentioned that the event can still be able to be done on multiple characters so if you guys want to do it on multiple characters it is entirely possible - we aren't going to restrict raffles or reward redemptions by account or user. So if you really do want to spend all day mapling, I guess you can start getting points on another character after you're done collecting points on your main.

My hope and goal this time around was trying to make the event feel more rewarding for casual players too. We also tried to make pq and bossing just as rewarding as grinding.

Of course we can't make everyone happy ;-; but that's what the feedback thread is for, if the community does not like the new system we can always go back to the old ones and try to make it better for next year.

• Friendly Friendly x 8
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    A cap makes it even playing field per character. Considering this is a limited time event and is usually looked forward to more than HT. Maybe I am crazy but I know in some previous events I felt the need to maximize on the event as much as I could and it burnt me out. You can still be sweaty by doing it on multiple characters. This just keeps each character on an even ground no matter how much time they have to invest.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I think this is a losing battle and it’s a majority vs. minority thing. How many players sweat? 5-10%? Casual player base is like 90-95%? Most people look at these changes and probably don’t care because it doesn’t effect them or they’re happy because the sweaters are being dragged down to their level.

Everyone loves to compare themselves to others so most people will be really happy with changes like this and I’m not just talking about for this event. This is in line with a lot of the nerfs to sweat we’ve seen in the last year.

Is it disappointing to players like me and you? Yeah, sure. Does it appeal to the majority? Yeah, probably.

• Agree Agree x 20
    • Like Like x 1
  13. rajuncajun

rajuncajun Orange Mushroom

Jun 20, 2015
    Beginner
    Big sad, still no heavy metal hair MapleF4. When will this elusive hairstyle ever comeback...

14. sandpickle

sandpickle Mushmom

Dec 1, 2020
    Male
    10:17 PM
    firepickle
    Magician
    Cucumber
    If only the game was balanced around the casual players :(

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. jeff22222

jeff22222 King Slime

Sep 5, 2020
    Male
    FM
    Irlhermit
    Marksman, Night Lord
    Katsu
    Kinda feels like how theres participation awards/trophys. Sure its great and everyone can feel happy/better but theres always the one or two kids on the team that actually wanted to compete and win but all they see is everyones a winner on the scoreboard o.o. Majority probably had fun playing and exercising but those small few who cared about winning are just feeling stuck with no incentive to do much.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    This is basically just beneficial to players with mules then. Nice one.
    I for one don't have any mules, and thus will need to go and create more characters than I want to have just to farm more points... Simply because at some point when I maxed out for the week playing my main character will become less beneficial than playing a mule.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    that's how the entire game works. if you're purposely handicapping yourself, i don't see any reason to complain that others have an easier time

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Am I just missing the point? The resets are not transferrable via cash shop and there is no raffle. Why would anyone want to farm points on a mule?

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Interestingly, the nerfs are targeted towards limiting the benefits of mules/extreme multi-clienting. It's just a bit of a dichotomy to me.

20. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    9:02 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Are you sure there is no raffle?