1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Shivering's 100m Challenge Round 3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shivering, Jun 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    3:58 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Because Shiv will be constantly looking over your shoulder, you just don't see him behind you because else you won't be able to 100% efficiently speedrun 1-30

2. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    6:58 AM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Because I can just go to the map they claimed to grind at and test it for myself with whatever class they were using if the timing looks too low.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    This is an interesting idea but IMO one of the things that makes off-meta maps worthwhile is quests.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    11:58 PM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    This is a wholesome way of developing a new 1-30 levelling guide

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Tyron

Tyron Mano

Apr 5, 2021
    Male
    4:58 PM
    Ranger
    Does the challenge needs to be completed in one sitting while recording, or can the recording be paused and resumed?

And yea, I second the non-recording concerns. That will probably make it so that a non-recorded run will win because easy to cheat. Its not necessarily about being faster than a cheat free run, but it gives you leeway for mistakes or breaks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Winnie

Winnie Timer

Feb 22, 2020
    9:58 PM
    Bishop
    -
    After reading through , I feel like the prize pool definitely need to be better .
    -Reason being , no questing = many hours of grinding for a chance to win 1st prize , 100m (which is very low imo , especially if you're 'high level player' that've made multiple mules before probably has mage/bishop for leechlegends)
    Considering there's a guide for 1-35 in under 6hour... grinding 1-30 with equip , item & meso restriction will take AT LEAST 5hour (just a guesstimate no math done)
    -Challenge have to be done in one sitting , prepare you pee bucket or sit in the toilet
    -NO 2nd and 3rd prize ATM , so you either win 1st of you made a new lv30 mule with name R3C**** , Congrats

7. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Feels like a fun challenge! I'll probably participate in the sheer hope that I'll be the only submissionOnionMuhaOnionMuha

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    4:58 PM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Just gonna put it out here that if anyone wants to record anyway, and does not know how to do it, just hmu on Discord @Slime#8653 and I'll personally guide you through it in like 5 minutes, even if your PC is a potato.

• Friendly Friendly x 6
  9. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    what if my pc is a mac

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Alright there's several strategies we can utilize for this.
    If you play on a mac you can't play for the next 2 weeks anyways as mac version always sucks with new patch.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    7:58 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  12. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    • No equip transfers. You are allowed to transfer 1M of mesos ONLY FOR potion/bows/stars and only after you leave maple island. You are not allowed to transfer 1M of potions; you are only allowed to transfer 1M mesos. You must buy the potions by travelling to a pot shop on your new character. For warriors and pirates you can also use these mesos to upgrade your weapon/armor if you want to do so; this is not allowed for thieves and mages. Any of the 1M you do not spend before you begin leveling outside of maple island, you must transfer back to your main account so you should pre-plan how you want to spend this 1M to make the most of it. You are not allowed to buy any potions or items in FM.
    Can we use the mesos to use a taxi or metro service to get pots? Can we use this to go to NLC for pots?

13. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Yes and yes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    7:43 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Are you allowed to transfer snails shells on Maple Island?

15. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    No.

Also, due to the sheer # of people asking for it recording is now mandatory.

• Creative Creative x 1
  16. Junaki

Junaki Stone Golem

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Northern New York
    9:58 AM
    Google, Piks, Arkin, JunakiG, Doss, Nezi
    Hero, Paladin, Dark Knight, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Bowmaster, Marksman, Night Lord, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Galaxy
    Oh rip.. this sounded so fun but I'm not sure I have the time to sit here and do it in one sitting. I would have definitely participated if I could pause/resume. I'm a dad and work like 60/h a week. So not realistic for me to do this in one sitting. Which is probably why I don't HT
    Oh well. GL y'all!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I am a bit concerned with people logging out and then transferring extra pots or something else while the recording is not running. If someone could find a way to alleviate the concerns I’m definitely open to expanding it to allow it to not be done in one sitting.

18. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Since everything should be recorded, let the people that want to use multiple sittings do @.Time before they log off and show their inventory quickly in the recording.
    Same when they log back in to resume the time

19. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    JunakiJunaki TyronTyron if you guys are fine with doing this then yeah that sounds fair to me. Just make sure you scroll through all of the tabs in your inventory both when you log out and when you log back in.

20. Jolly_Walker

Jolly_Walker Chronos

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    9:58 PM
    JollyWalker
    I/L Arch Mage
    I'm not planning to participate, but this sounds like a fun challenge. One obvious idea came to my mind that I'm just gonna put here along with a question, is multiclienting allowed?
    I can imagine having a summon mule or mage clear parts of a large map to increase the mob density around the noob challenge character. This may potentially be a singificant advantage. Technically you are still solo, no leech and no party, or should the rules also state that map sharing be illegal? Cause you can still use this tactic with friends instead of your own multiclient mage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.