1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Anniversary Events 2021

Discussion in 'Events' started by Mirrors, Jun 8, 2021.

1. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    7:21 PM
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    i think the nerfs are more targeted towards people who put in a lot of time and get commensurate rewards from that, not necessarily people who are muling or multiclienting, and that the muling aspect of the anniversary points is to soften the upset of having the cap

it might just be a purchase system like last year, you could purchase a ws/cs at an insanely unreasonable price, and you could also purchase random scroll boxes, random cape boxes, etc

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    4:21 PM
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    I think if you stayed at a gym for 12 hours straight, they would tell you to go home, rest, and come back the next day when your body isn't completely drained

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. MeowOnward

MeowOnward Blue Snail

Jun 17, 2020
    Male
    They didn't say that there is no raffle. The event post (at least to me) makes it sound like the "...and more!" is probably raffle prizes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    7:21 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    How else would u explain the lack of Frosty Snowman not showing up in 2020?

It's coz leech sellers and bossers getting fomos about missing a single frosty zone and ended up needing to take a whole month leave, staying awake for 24/7 and not blink their eyes even once, all while grinding mobs/bosses for maximum mesos and exp benefits on their chars

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    12:21 AM
    I think its just a case of hand-holding. If players play so much that they become completely drained from grinding an event too hard, that is their own choice. They can just choose to not play so much they become completely drained and thereby not benefit as much as possible from the event. Just imagine.

EDIT: at the same time, other players might have tons of time during a specific event and want to grind more points/coins whatever on their main/preferred characters. I just don't see how a cap is anything but telling players how to play. I for one enjoy grinding during events so much more because you are farming points (though not optimally) at the same time. This time around, that'll come to a halt and I would have to make 5 other mages and spam HHG2 to get more points.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    LOL sounds like you go to Planet Fitness. There are literally gym rats and personal trainers that stay in the gym for hours

• Funny Funny x 6
  7. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    Holy shit who do I thank for adding Maplelovely hair to this event?!! Requests do come true OnionF4
    Thank you as always for your hard work everyone, looking forward to it :heartbeat:

• Friendly Friendly x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  8. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    Did the previous system harm casuals in a way? lol

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Why not just make the entire event a 2k hard cap limit? Some people might not be able to play certain weeks and be more available in others to grind things out.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. OP
    OP
    Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    This is a good point, I'll keep it in mind for the next event but please bring it up in the feedback thread after this event so I don't forget!

• Friendly Friendly x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    10:21 AM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I'd argue the original problem is not the uncapped event points, but rather the way the dailies system works. I think there's a clear enough difference between the typical event exchange daily quest with 20h cooldowns & event points farming, such that the 2 should clearly be differentiated. There are only so many 20h periods across the month, such that if you miss one then you truly do miss one, there is no chance to catch up. With event points, there is always a chance you can play more on any given day, like a weekend, to "catch up" on event points.

Does this mean that all of the rewards (chairs / face / clothes / pets / etc) will be fully obtainable by everyone, so long as they hit the 500 weekly cap? Or will people miss out on some regardless? What harm is there in people having more Hair / Face coupons, NX clothes, Pets, Chairs etc if they decide to play more?

The locking of items to the char they are obtained on is good enough of a solution without needing to limit people who are willing to play more.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    11:21 PM
    At the core of things this is an MMO and hence there is inherent competitiveness between yourself and other people, even if you don't recognise it.

As silly as it may sound, I can see how it can potentially be intimidating to what we define as a casual player when they see people throwing around that they farmed hundred of thousands of points during the xMas event. True, each player has the right to play the game they want and rationally speaking you shouldn't compare yourself to those who've played the game longer than you, or those who currently play the game longer than you.

But again this is a MMO and there is inherent competitiveness. Seeing people with over a hundred thousand points or something can stress people out thinking that they need to farm more points in order to 'catch up'.

I'm not saying that this is necessarily the right thing to do, but I do know people who've been stressed out during Christmas because they felt that they were getting further and further behind.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I appreciate seeing these types of changes tried out & an event that has you participating at a pace of your own without the daunting constraint of small time frames & 24 hour dailies. I like seeing that we are able to obtain points in a way that is deemed fun to the individual and skip out on other aspects we might not like without being penalized for it.

I personally tend to always find myself playing games that involve dailies (Ex. Maple with Bosses), which has significantly hindered a lot of the enjoyment I feel when playing the game. The content (from my own experience) has always made me feel I was doing a chore and I had to do x, y, z a day rather than participate and enjoy the game in a way I wanted to.

When it comes to my own experience with the MapleLegends's Anniversary event, the cake boss has always been something that has taken over my life for a month. Given I play the meme class Islander, an event (especially Anniversary) are the only times I can obtain worth wild items for a short period of time. So wanting a chance to get a particular item or for the sake of collecting it all, I'll try to participate in every Cake that spawns. This would lead me to purposely going to classes late because cake is 90%!, missing train departures because the cake is about to spawn and I could get that one item I really want!, or staying up late/waking up early/waking in middle of night just to get that extra cake in for the day. There is even a funny story amongst Islanders where a guy literally got out of the bathtub and did the cake boss butt ass naked while soaking wet.

I imagine other people feel the same pressures when it comes to farming AP resets during an event because they can significantly obtain more resets onto of their regular voting, thus finishing their wash at an earlier date.

My mind set is that I'd rather be able to do x thing in a large amount of time vs something like the valentines daily quest we just had for raffle. I'd find the game much more enjoying overall if I could no life my way through the game at moments relevant to me within a larger time frame, rather than no life it on the daily.

Note: I only feel this way on time constrained aspects of the game like with event bosses spawns, boss daily limits like zak/ht, daily event quests(Valentines one), etc. I obviously don't feel like you should be capped from obtaining a certain amount of mesos/levels/exp.

Sorry if my opinion is wrong.
    625302070643130391.png

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. HeartOfGold

HeartOfGold Red Snail

Mar 31, 2020
    HeartOfGold
    Hermit
    It’d be nice if we can add GPQ to the party quest list ^^

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Thank you for your feedback everyone. I want to say that I read every comment and appreciate the time you guys take to type everything out.
    I would also like to bring up that we have feedback threads for this very reason. I would like everyone to gather their thoughts, try out the event, and to give feedback at the end of the event. We do take ideas and suggestions from the feedback thread when planning next year's event.
    Of course the event will not be perfect, but I am hopeful that with everyone's thoughts, next time we have a similar event it will be something that everyone is happier with. ^^

I mean, it is a party quest so it should!
    Foxpat

• Friendly Friendly x 9
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    10:21 AM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Does CWK count too? The way it is presented on the image makes it seem like there was only 3 PQs that would give rewards

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    5:06 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Agreed! The stress of having to do tasks x,y,z etc every day is very real. Less is more! People are happier when given fewer choices. If you have a comprehensive list of choices you could make, you will always second guess yourself. The same concept translates.

"I could have grinded points but I have to get this job done."
    "I could have grinded points but I have to take care of my nephew."
    "I'm busy bathing but I have to go slap puff daddy."
    In our case, the cap is the 'fewer choices.' More people than not tend to be satisfied with the event when there is a soft cap.

In fact I see being able to grind on multiple characters as a bonus in that those who wish to grind a whole lot more have the option of doing just that - catering to both hardcore players and less hardcore players.

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    Does HTPQ count as well? [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    11:21 PM
    Just want to say this is a key point.

While the dailies and what not during the xMas event (primarily speaking about the 50 shared points) were great, it created a sense of having to log on each day as if you missed the day you'd miss out on those 50 shared points for good. And when points were used for incredibly valuable things(e.g. AP resets), it creates some form of stress in thinking I had to log in daily.

A weekly limit is, imo, a right step forward in relation to the above. In fact an event wide cap might be best. Take the xMas event as an example where it was 50 shared a day, assume 30 days. I'd much rather have 1,500 to be shared across the entire event rather than being restricted to 50 a day to avoid the stress of having to log on.

I'll of course reiterate this during the feedback thread based on how this event goes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Porkupine

Porkupine Timer

Mar 21, 2019
    Male
    xB0wM4sT3rx
    Bowmaster
    Nani
    The weekly/event cap discussions come down to accomodating the Casuals v.s. the Hardcores.
    Casuals want to maximize the impact of the little time they have and minimize the gap in benefits attained by different playstyles.
    Hardcores want to maximize their benefits, while minimizing any limits/caps.

The 500 weekly cap comes with pros and cons:
    Pros: The server population is more balanced out week to week throughout the event month.
    Cons: Players with a busy life outside of Maple might miss the 500 point weekly cap/target, and feel like they've fallen behind with no chance of catching up.
    To people that find it strange for them to limit how much their playerbase can play their game, this is seen in all aspects of the game. (ex. 2 HT runs per day, repeatable quests once per day)
    In a world where these daily limit were removed, players with less daily obligations able to play 12 hours a day would create a much larger gap betwen them and the general playerbase.

The 2,000 event cap comes with similar pros and cons:
    Pros: Casual players that might have missed the 500 point weekly cap/target can only fall behind up to a certain amount.
    Cons: Hardcore players feel like they're limited to the amount of rewards they can receive.

In my opinion, the Christmas event handled these problems of Casual v.s. Hardcore playstyles the best. Players could farm boxes with a full party very quickly up to a cap of 50 boxes, after which they can continue farming solo to no end, albeit at a slower pace. This impeded the gap in event benefits created by different playstyles while still allowing the Hardcore players to put in as much time as they wanted.

Maybe a solution would be to introduce a 500/2000 point soft cap, where the rate of points per boss/pq run cuts in half after that point?

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1