1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Anniversary Event 2021 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Jun 7, 2021.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    12:45 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    The main problem I have with the recent change is that it's not even a direct nerf to multimage farming but rather a nerf to sweeping as a whole, which seems to only impact maps where sweeping was an absolute requirement. This means that the problem this nerf intended to target can be entirely circumvented by simply utilizing large, flat maps where multiple mages can space out and loot themselves, with one rotating MU mule. Ironically, ulu1 is a perfect option for this new strategy...

I feel like just lowering drop rates again for mage ultimates could have been a less invasive move and have a greater impact on the main problem of PvE meso generation/injection. Alternatively, forcing the sweeper to manually loot the mesos out of dark sight could have been another solution in conjunction with lowered drop rates so as to limit passive/afk looting. This would have allowed players to still utilize alternative maps at their leisure, just at a more manageable rate of gain. Or maybe I'm just salty because I found sweeping to be a genius innovation that exceeded other one-dimensional, smooth brain strategies like using hb mules to save on pots - so I guess I'm more annoyed that we're being forced into a blander playstyles.

Who knows? Maybe another option could have been fixing the bossing economy somehow so that opportunity cost could draw people away from degenerative PvE farming strategies with better peer-to-peer economic alternatives...

I'm just rambling on at this point and to be fair, I don't know how these changes will actually be received by the community once released. Only time will tell.
    Unfortunately, the cats out of the bag - multimage farming is here to stay in Legends and probably won't go away anytime soon without additional, drastic measures, especially now that people have normalized this style of play.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    5:45 PM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    I think he alluded to a point of staff not making nerfs known sooner so he could adjust accordingly, and I feel that's the main point of anguish.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    8:45 AM
    The whole staff making this clear sooner is so stupid because it doesn’t solve the problem lmao.

Say you made some sort of mule, an MU mule for arguments sake, in April 2021. Even if this was announced one month earlier you still made it in April. You wouldn’t have planned any different or made any changes to what you would have done. So instead of bitching about it in June you would just be bitching about it in May instead.
    All of you asking for staff to let you know in advance that something like this is going to happen are kidding yourself and just looking at something to vent at. It wouldn’t solve anything and all it’d do is make you bitch earlier like you are now.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:45 AM
    Moderator Post
    This. Maybe you wouldn't be involved in it because you so happen to not be making a mule yet 1 month prior, but someone else would be, and that person will mention it should have been mentioned 2 months prior, and so on. Besides, our balance changes are not finished '1 month prior' eitherway.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    3:45 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I understand the frustration. But if ur strategies get nerfed again and again, den at least one should have at least drawn the staff's big picture of how balanced should be, and make their decision from there.

6. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    4:45 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    It's been great seeing people speculate, but I think it's time to let the cat out of the bag.

What is it?!

[​IMG] Subani Ankh is a collectible item inserted into MapleLegends purely based on its relation to the lore. It serves no other purpose.

Within the description for White Scrolls, it's explicitly mentioned to be "one of Subani's sacred Scrolls". Subani is an important character in the overall lore of Masteria, and is hinted at and referenced numerous times by quests and NPCs in the area ("Subani's Legacy" being the most obvious example. Since the Raven Ninja Clan are thematically portrayed as digging up relics from the past for this exchange, it seemed fitting to release another item related to Subani!

Original post has been edited to include this information as well ^^

• Funny x 9
    • Disagree x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Great Work x 1
  7. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    1:30 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    So it's like a booby prize?
    Would appreciate obtaining it if its rarity were changed to Legendary :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    2:45 AM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    Demoralizing lmao. The hope for iTCG crafting takes a hit, but doesn't die.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    4:45 AM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    so this is...subani legacy!?
    SelquinSelquin get ready maple lore getting spicy

10. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    So 4/5 of the uncommon rewards are worse than the common reward, interesting. Does the subani ankh npc for anything? :joyful:

I guess you could best compare the general reward structure to crafting dragon weapons. Most of the time you'll get what you expected, but every so often you'll end up with nothing.

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    4:45 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Wait which is the 1 you think is much better than the rest :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    5:45 PM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    It'll prevent people from continuing the progress on mules that will turn out to be useless the next patch.

I'll provide an example. Shivering's ULU1 journal was created on April 4th. Let's say it takes a week for you to see his numbers and decide that it is worth the investment. Another 3 weeks used for buying leech for 4 mages and 1 MU (unless you find a solid leecher that doesn't dc/disappear/underdeliver). Let's round that off and assume this hypothetical player starts farming on the 9th of May. This player is not really a degenerate, has a job and has real-life responsibilities. He farms for 2 hrs a day, 5 days a week. According to Shivering's data, this player would have earned 24.4m x 10 hrs = 244m a week. This figure btw, is severely inflated given that the influx of farmers has caused most of the sellable equips to tank in price. A rough estimate of the cost of buying leech for 5 characters from 10-120 is about 800m. This guy would have only farmer for 4 weeks and would earn 976m. After accounting for the cost of leech, he only earned around 180m. For 40 hrs of work. And that is on the higher end of estimates. If staff have made a statement when Shivering made his journal, this guy could have stopped what he was doing, evaluate, and decide that it is not worth the effort. I don't think he can be too angry, given that such statements effectively stopped him from throwing money at an endeavour that will reap minimal returns for him. Take the same example and remove the ability to buy leech. This character might be newer at the game and wants to put in the effort to get godly equips. After seeing Shivering's journal and buoyed by his (I'm paraphrasing here) 'Just create all the mages I have many other maps to recreate this strat on dw', this guy went ahead and dumped a ton of hrs grinding/pouring whatever money he has into leech just to reach lvl 130. Without warning, the patch drops and his characters are now potatoes. He is out millions of mesos and countless hrs of his time to get absolutely 0 reward. Now, if staff had done the same and provided a response, his investment could have been drastically reduced and he will not have degen for 1 month just to get nothing.

I know Kimmy has said that it is "unrealistic to discuss gameplay and major gameplay changes with 100~ people that all share different opinions and view things the way they play their classes. It will be chaotic, people will swear at each other, people will insanely non-stop argue with each other, and so on. This will add absolutely no help for us, and just make things incredibly messy, on top of people being upset that didn't get their way with the class feedback they gave once the finalized changes are implemented."

I feel that staff can just make a statement saying "this pumps alot of raw mesos into the game and is bad for the health of the economy, expect something to be done sooner rather than later" and would get less angry people with characters that fall short of expectations.

But who knows, Shivering being Shivering, he will still find ways to utilize mages to get more mesos.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Quite obvious the crimson Arcglaive, rest is useless

bow can be worth <5m if max att but probably not. considering the extra STR requirement compared to its counterpart Nisrocks

14. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Yeah, probably not. Max nisrocks were already going for like 3m. The crimson bow requiring 10 more str but giving up to 3 dex would mean a max bow would be effectively slightly worse than a 99 att nisrock, which already goes for 1.5m at best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    At least the items can be NPC'd for 1.1m (bow) and 1.2m (staff)

16. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Nice, saves you the trouble of having to sell the bow. Maybe the subani ankh will npc for around a mil too.

17. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    upload_2021-6-9_11-43-54.png [​IMG]
    (Lib not updated but I feel like this will stay)

• Funny Funny x 5
  18. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Someone needs to explain to me how MU mules are now useless because they can't loot. I feel like they have some other purpose but I don't think my brain has enough wrinkles to figure it out.

Or maybe someone should do the math behind making an attacker and trying to profit off of bossing, with the opportunity cost in the billions in order to make as much profit as a single mage farming at Ulu 2

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  19. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    They aren't.

However, the meso gain will definitely be less at leech spots such as Petri as you'll be unable to loot most of the mesos and whatever you do loot is split in party. But so be it

20. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    3:45 AM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    What about pog cleave BMs at cwk/7F?