1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Anniversary Event 2021 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    11:11 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I'm a mage player, my brain doesn't reach that far

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    7:11 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Our balancing were done off the NPC prices so even factoring in the 1 meso ankh and the meso gear rings, it should still be a profitable alternative to whatever meso making method people have atm. And attacker friendly too, as all classes should be able to engage in it.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    6:11 AM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    my level 102 mu mule is still useful at memory lane 5...

4. randomhs

randomhs Timer

May 25, 2020
    randomHS
    Oyasumi
    Thanks for the response! I feel like it's silly to continue arguing about the sweeping changes without experiencing it first, so I'll refrain from that. Though I will say, in regards to a MU nerf, I doubt anyone is making/maining a NL for the sake of contributing MU to a party SlimeGrin.

I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment that mages enjoy bossing, but it's clear they're not viable for most bosses. And that's okay, it's an accepted weakness of a mage. However, to blame it on the meta seems a little bit lazy. The meta can easily change with either 1. new content (which is understandably difficult to develop) or 2. balance changes.

Off the top of my head, I can think of several buffs that have been stated before, such as increasing the range on cl/paralyze, giving horntail preheads elemental weakness, fixing CL interaction with HT body, removing poison immunity from bosses... and probably a ton more that I'm not creative enough to think of. These buffs wouldn't put them over the top, but it would open up more opportunities for them to shine.

It's the "added inconveniences" that come with every patch that makes me believe you're better off conforming with casual playstyle gameplay. This idea was further bolstered when I read the 6th anni event notes and found out that you're literally limited on how much you can farm. There's a feeling of despondency that grows everytime 'sweaty' methods are cast aside and projected as negative gameplay.

with all that said, I do recognize there was a meso printing problem and I'm glad the staff is active enough to come to a solution. also MU is not obsolete, but definitely less valuable for sure.

5. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    3:56 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    But that's not true at all. In terms of progression, it definitely IS NOT better off conforming to casual play-style.

Additionally, the limit on the event is a soft limit.

6. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    6:11 PM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Imagine calling yourself a mage main and then saying this.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Not related but a pre-BB server should have this OP stuff nuking the map in it altho I'm not against going post bb fixes either o.o I think I made a long reply to a post talking how post BB delt with this, so yeah why not let's have this:

-Super good support Bishop with a heal that makes nearby enemies take more damage, HS with drop rate buff, Dispell that can heal any status, a buff that prevents death once every 8 minutes, Holy shell preventing 15 damage instances, Holy fountain a summon that heals anyone that presses up nearby and ignores zombify, Angelic ray healing 20% of the max HP to the user and any teamate that is on the way. All that to the cost of being the weakest class in the game, also the genesis cooldown and if its on cooldown you can spam big bang.

-DPS F/P with damage over time being related to your range and being able to stack multiple damages over time (mist, breath, paralyze and more), reliable damage super good dpm (would need paralyze buff). Meteor has a cooldown and on cooldown, there is a 60% chance that a meteor falls on the target you attacked dealing 230% dmg or so.

-Balanced I/L good DPM on single target but has some support making the boss move slowly and even freeze the boss for a couple fo seconds so the team can do true DPS. Blizzard on cooldown does the same as Meteor.

not a mage but 100% stance on all warriors and pirate melee jobs e.e hahahaha

Mages are a paint to make fair x-x

8. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    3:11 AM
    There's an obvious trend here. Make a Corsair, so you don't have to worry about balance changes.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    But what about my hold down 1 button gameplay ?!?!?

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    He did talk about 30k HP NLs, so obviously the standard he is used to on other private servers had set the bars much higher on him

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    10:11 AM

If you have 30k hp and get hit by a 1/1 you're down to 1 hp and dead the next hit so you're trash as a sed mule anyway.

The reason why most people don't bring arch mages into HT isn't because they die to DP but it's because they trigger mass seds earlier if they play with their ideal strat (meteor and blizz throughout the fight to hit multiple parts). Meaning they switch at some point to single target dps but at that point why not just get another single target dps.

The problem isn't that mages don't have enough HP to tank hits without magic guard. The problem is that the sed meta in HT makes it difficult for a mage to optimally perform in HT for all but the most experienced of squads.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  12. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    I don't think you understand what 1/1 means. If you get 1/1'ed you're down to 1hp and 1mp regardless of how much hp or mp you have as a mage. The biggest difference between yourself and any other class is a) you have no avoid b) you don't even have achilles for a 15% reduction on the hp side of things c) meso guard is an obvious no brainer.. Welcome to literally the worst class you can think of in terms of dealing with 1/1's.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    You can't pot (auto or manual) when you're sed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    Agreed. Let’s stop here because you’re making a fool of yourself.

15. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Balance threads never fail to disappoint

The threshold for "cOmfORtaBl3 boSsInG" has been pushed so far that nowadays you gotta be 30k hp on a mage to be comfortable

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Sounds kinda comfy though, I don't blame him.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    7:11 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    How many badges for this new Cwk exchange? And do I need any prequest?

18. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    Find out if server ever goes live!

:pepesmile:

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Unless they changed something up, you need to do up to the level 70 quests (where you get the mark of heroism and map of phantom forest) from Taggarin to do the exchange.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    You will be missed. OnionCry
    KBc6kuKIUr0tof8TqSrfyr6WJcUAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Agree Agree x 5