1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Increase Anniversary point weekly limit

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GunzGaming, Jun 12, 2021.

Should Weekly points cap be raised?

1. Yes

48 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    30.6%
  3. Other, please explain.

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. GunzGaming

GunzGaming King Slime

Mar 25, 2021
    Male
    4:20 PM
    FatBlunts
    Hi everyone!

Im new to Legends, and loving the game so far. Legends anniversary event makes anniversary events from another server I played look like a joke. Im having a blast doing OPQ, grinding some mobs, and participating in event quests.

Just within 6 hours of gameplay, I maxed out on points for the whole week as a lvl 62 page. And to my knowledge this is easier max out in bossing levels.

I feel that the weekly limit be increased at a minimum 1,000. Not sure if it can even be done due to the event has already started, but at least consideration for future events with a participation cap. I understand the cap is to balance the points obtained and constrict the items introduced into server, or other reasons im not aware. But 500 weekly feels much too low. I want to grind more PQ and event activities but i quickly reached my cap, resulting in either making an alt account or just farming cream puffs from mobs. Im not quite fond of a cap at all, but i totally understand why there is one. I just feel that it should be adjusted to fit the scenario of even casual players shouldn't be capped and feel the need to find alternate ways of getting points or event participation.

***OP update***

This thread is going well. Getting some awesome feedback on the negatives/positives of the event and certain issues that came up for some groups of people. SO worth the read.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    5:20 PM
    DMsRebirth
    upload_2021-6-12_8-44-12.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    10:20 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    He already mentions that though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    GunzGaming

GunzGaming King Slime

Mar 25, 2021
    Male
    FatBlunts
    Some background on me. Played Royals for years, have 6 lvl 200s, farmed a lot, merched a lot. I know how to create a character. A lot of time wasted on doodoo server so i came here.

So making alts to circumvent intended design isn't my cup of tea anymore. i feel that it should be adjusted based on several reasons. 1. What is the point of cap if it can just be circumvented. 2. Older players have an advantage from # of alts and bossing. 3. The event was announced and advertised great for new players, which it is, but i have a cap to my efforts. Which feels restricting.

Yes, not making more alts is a personal choice. I play how i want to play, totally get it. But why be restricted for playing that way? Seems like it needs an adjustment, regardless if it can be circumvented by creating another character. Thats like saying, "you're poor? Have more kids, make them work, get more money." Why not just have everyone be allotted the equal opportunity to obtain points no matter on play style. Even if some abuse event systems (i did on Royals) it overall makes more players feel rewarded for playing. At the sacrifice of very few minmaxers getting more items than others, i feel it is worth the change to allow casual people not being constrained to limits.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    2:20 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    The main reason for the cap is to prevent there from being a huge disparity between the # of ap resets a casual player can farm vs a sweatlord. Obviously in terms of raffles / items, this cap is pretty much useless, because the people who are interested in event raffles / event items can simply abuse the system by farming on multiple characters.

However, AP resets from this event were changed to not be tradable via characters in cash shop (not abusable via multi character on same account), so the only real reason for this cap is to limit the # of ap resets that can be farmed from the event for an individual character.

Maplelegends chooses to balance HP washing by forcing it to cost time, which is why we have barely any 30k hp range characters.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    GunzGaming

GunzGaming King Slime

Mar 25, 2021
    Male
    FatBlunts
    Ah, didn't think about APR. Thank you. I main warrior so washing is not something I think about often. I totally agree, removing that huge disparity between those two different play styles is important.

With 500 point cap, there is just no disparity at all. It's just too easy to get 500 in a week, so a slight increase won't hurt that balance between sweat-lord vs. casual. Then, in regards to APR/Gach=Time played/grinding, love that system, it's why I came here. But this is a temporary event aimed at engaging new players and for a new player, if washing was my priority, I want to play as much as possible during the temporary event to get APRs for my new character. It rewards those who commit time to play this server over others, especially when a new server popped up 2 weeks ago and is literally "maple on cocaine". A slight increase in the amount of APRs gained and mesos gained for the server as a whole during an event is healthy imo, I feel it's safe to increase the cap a bit as the pros outweigh the cons for me. Yea it's all hypothetical pros/cons, but hearing others discuss in chat/discords that the limit is so easily reached and feels unsatisfying compared to previous events is slightly discouraging.

lol, I am new though so maybe I shouldn't even be complaining? Just an observation and possible solution to a complaint myself and others have. In the meantime, I'm gonna focus on getting more points on alts and let this vote marinate a little. Thanks for the discussion guys. I'm trying to bring my other friends to Legends too, this event is awesome.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Its always a slippery slope whenever it comes to asking for more ap resets / items. When it comes to these things we players will simply always want more and more.

That being said I think that instead of a hard cap, they could have just implemented a MAX number of ap resets that you could exchange for, so that players would not have to choose between ap resets and other untradable event items like they have to do right now (i.e. ap resets vs the ring or eye accessory). Then, more dedicated players also don't have to go through the trouble of farming on alts.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    8:20 AM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    I actually quite like the weekly cap on points. By capping it, I can just spend about 2 days every week to hit the cap on all my mules and not have to worry about missing out. Just a more chill experience imo or maybe I'm getting too old to sit for long periods

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Thanks for your valuable feedback! This is the first time that pqing and bossing have counted towards event rewards as well as the first time we are implementing caps at all. I will acknowledge that our first iteration will not be perfect by any means but I'm hopeful that we can improve in the future.

That being said we did balance the prices and things around the assumption that most players should be able to hit the weekly cap (or close to it) and priced it accordingly. At this point in the event I'm not sure if we can change the cap. However there are lots of great ideas being brought up in this thread and I'm hopeful that we can implement some of them next time around ^^

• Friendly Friendly x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  10. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    6:20 PM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Please don't LOL I'll feel forced to abandon everything for those extra ap resets :((((
    Next time be more kind with ap resets plox

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. OP
    OP
    GunzGaming

GunzGaming King Slime

Mar 25, 2021
    Male
    FatBlunts
    No problem! That's what I figured. There's also other bugs to prioritize fixing that has to be taking up a lot of time from that patch. I'm not yet well versed in how the APR gain or price changing would affect it all, but hopefully, some good ideas come up and people can share thoughts for future events.

12. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    How easy you get points also depends on what level you are. Seems decent from 20-100 because of the PQs, and 135+ from bossing, but that weird inbetween is *really* hard to get points.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    10:20 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Yea it's weird that you can't keep getting points unless you use a different character. Like said above just limit the amount of ap resets you can acquire (or make them more expensive, or both. or heck dont do ap resets at all) if ap resets are the issue.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I don't think that's good either though. It's really easy getting points from bossing. You can 30-man krex, zak, or NT and get 250 points in 2hours. You could probably also set a limit on raffles and just let extra points be used for nx.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    9:20 PM
    I honestly think the cap is fine, it just seems that some methods are WAY too fast for earning points. The JQ takes about 3-5 minutes to do if you're not a potato brain (or don't get completely screwed by RNG, but this won't happen consistently) but gives 15 points. I'm getting about 1 coin drop every 2-3 minutes. Admittedly, I'm grinding on a severely gimped character at the moment (all AP into base int), but that's still a HUGE difference in how fast you can earn points between the two methods. I know that the jump quest is limited to 5 times a week, but it was just an example. PQs and bosses, particularly in runs where people are just recruiting as many people as possible to get it done ASAP, are approaching that speed from what I understand.

I'm not saying to increase the drop rate from grinding, at all. Assuming 2.5 minutes for one coin, that's roughly 1.5 hours of grinding a day to reach the cap in a week, which I think is fine. Perhaps other methods of earning coins should be restricted in some way, though. Perhaps make it so you can only earn coins from one PQ 5 times a week like the JQ, or just reduce the number of coins earned from completing the PQs. Maybe even have a total number of coins for boss runs and PQs that are split between everyone involved, rather than giving everyone a flat number, too.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    imo, recruiting more people boss runs is something to be encouraged, not discouraged. It makes the server feel fun / alive and its a welcoming change of pace compared to the traditional "run with as few people as possible" to maximize profits meta.

• Agree Agree x 14
  17. ahotbanana

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    Is it really fun to kill zakum in under 5 minutes because you've got 30 people attacking it? Maybe once or twice, but if that became a normal thing to do, I'd quit this server immediately.

18. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    30-man NT tour is honestly pretty awesome. If you're part of a large guild/community, it's a nice way to see all your friends at once.

• Agree Agree x 7
  19. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    8:20 AM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    limit raffles, uncap ap resets.

Ap resets are untransferrable, so why is farming for transferable raffles allowed?

I bet there's a significant amount of people doing hpq to farm on mules since they can't farm resets.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. ahotbanana

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    I am part of one of the largest guild alliances on the server. Even so, I wouldn't want to do regular 30 man anything unless it was necessary for completion. Once in a while, it's fine to do meme runs, especially if it means you can catch up with people you haven't spoken to in a while, but you're going to have much better conversations with your friends in smaller groups, at least that's been my experience throughout my life.

Like I said before, if it became standard meta to do huge-numbers boss runs, I would 100% leave the server because that is not what I joined for. Maybe the majority disagrees with me, but a meta shift that big would at least rub some people the wrong way.

Getting a bit more on topic: Dami explained to me that the reason for the point caps was so that you could reach the cap in a week without being sweaty and I feel that the rate of point gain from grinding feels about right with that goal in mind. If you're dedicated enough to play 1.5 hours a day every day, you'll reach the cap. Everything else is much faster, so should be nerfed. If you would conclude that the point cap should be raised, then I would assume you also consider the rate of point gain from PQs and bosses to be closer to what it should be, in which case the coin drop rate should be massively increased.

Also, just as a side note: while the cap is circumventable for raffles, the problem there is not that people can't also circumvent it for AP resets, but rather that people can circumvent it for raffles.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1