1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Not a Bug AFK hurricane still works

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Kanetsugu, Jun 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kanetsugu

Kanetsugu Orange Mushroom

Nov 15, 2020
    1:08 PM
    MaLaTang
    Bowmaster
    Munchies
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): Alt-tab AFK Hurricane still works
    What is supposed to happen?: Hurricane stops firing after alt-tab
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: Like 10 minutes ago
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    Extra information (optional):

Video: https://streamable.com/lt8m6y

• Like Like x 2
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:08 PM
    Moderator Post
    Did you do anything special to trigger it? We've all just tried and none of us can replicate it.

3. OP
    OP
    Kanetsugu

Nov 15, 2020
    MaLaTang
    Bowmaster
    Munchies
    I don't think so. This is the only thing I did:

1) Hold hurricane on BM
    2) Alt-Tab into another window

In the video I alt-tabbed into another client, but I just tried it and it works if I alt-tab into any other window.

If I click on BM's client again and click out it stops. If I click on BM's client and don't do anything it still shoots. If I click on BM's client and alt-tab out it still shoots.

• Like Like x 1
  4. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    11:08 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I tried opening two clients and sometimes the other client would let my other character move after I logged in the other one, maybe thats the same for you?

Maybe click the desktop and try to click the game and try to use Hurricane again.

5. OP
    OP
    Kanetsugu

Nov 15, 2020
    MaLaTang
    Bowmaster
    Munchies
    Yea I believe it has to do with somehow MapleLegends remaining "active" after you alt-tab (as opposed to clicking out the window). This is probably why the alt-tab hurricane still works. But someone else I know also tried what I did and they weren't able to replicate it either.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    The window staying active when its actually no longer active would be marked as an exploit then, thus this method is against the ToS, since its no longer normal behaviour of the game client.

• Like Like x 1
  7. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    11:08 AM
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I'm not sure the conditions for when it triggers, but sometimes randomly, my background clients would move. I'm not sure if anyone has *exploited* this behavior for farming though. Usually my mules just jump off a rope and suicide.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    You can recreate the 'moving multiple clients at once' thing quite easily (at least, for me) One way of doing it is the following:
    1. Have one client be open (I'm not entirely sure whether it has to be focused or unfocused)
    2. Open a second client, log in.
    3. Anytime I move on the 'new' client, it will also move on the client I previously had open. This also scales with opening a third or fourth client, so theoretically I'd be able to make 4-5 clients walk around at once.

It's not something you could effectively 'abuse', though. The only thing that has really happened to me as a result of it, is walking 5 leeching mules to their death in one smooth motion.

9. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    We've found out that this was caused/done by a 3rd party program, thus is marked as an exploit/hacking tool if used explicitly for the sake to AFK hurricane. Marked as not a bug, and for those reading it please do not try to figure out which 3rd party tool it is, since it'll be a bannable offence. However, do not worry about being punished for using the 'tool' with normal usage.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.