1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Headless Horseman buff?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Yoral, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Yoral

Yoral Slime

Nov 22, 2020
    Male
    2:53 AM
    Yoral
    Page
    Hi, second suggestion so far.
    So recently, I've been on that lvl90+ grind as a warrior (White Knight). The grind is quite awkward, considering mages seemingly level faster when they're in the 120s, and that the mobs around 90-100 are quite bad for warriors from my experience. The best mobs so far are Vikerolas (as a white knight) and Grim Phantom Watches.
    Problem:
    I decided to try Headless Horseman, as this boss was something I remember hunting for on another server, a very long time ago, as a White Knight. To my immense disappointment, the re-spawn timers ranged from 10 hours to a whopping 13:30 hours (according to the ML database). In my opinion, this is way too long and brutal for them to be anything nearing viable, especially when grinding gives you many more mesos.
    It also doesn't help that there's only 8 channels to check. I can't imagine trying to hunt BFs with 8 channels and 2k concurrent players.

Solution:
    Simply change the re-spawn timers to something ranging between 4-8 hours. Thank you if this ever gets accepted. I will probably never benefit from this, but maybe future warriors might.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  2. geospiza

geospiza Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Apr 16, 2020
    11:53 PM
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    To be fair, neither does Bigfoot. The boss points seem limited to bosses that need an item for spawn.

3. OP
    OP
    Yoral

Yoral Slime

Nov 22, 2020
    Male
    Yoral
    Page
    Ok well, rip i guess. Capt. Latanica is limited to 2 a day, so I guess I'm doing only that.

4. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    8:53 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    the Capt is just 2 points per kill, not really worth it.

EDIT! the Capt is 10 points now !!!!! so it is good :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    7:53 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    To be fair, I feel like there are classes that are far more reliant on HH's than White Knights.

However, I think that HH isn't supposed to be seen as a viable standard grinding option. If you're lucky enough to find one up (which is pretty doable), you've got lucky and you enjoy a pretty sweet boost in exp. In my personal view it shouldn't be something you can comfortably rely on for your standard, day-to-day grind.
    The same thing goes for Anego, Bigfoot, etc, etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    Yoral

Yoral Slime

Nov 22, 2020
    Male
    Yoral
    Page
    Oh don't get me wrong, I don't think it will be a viable choice to stay grinding at. I just like going to it once a day for a bit of a boost in exp, then go back to grinding because HH eats through expensive pots. As it stands though, I htink the respawn rates are still too long. Asking for a 6hr to 8hr re-spawn time seems a bit more ideal. HH was one of the ways warriors would get 'helped' into the 120s, as far as I remember.

7. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    From what I remember back when grinding my then white knight, Himes are quite decent exp. Mobs don't have to have elemental weaknesses to be good grinding material even for WKs.

Also, spawning bosses don't count towards boss point is persumably to stop them from being camped even more.

8. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    6:53 AM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    You know there are several maps that spawn HH and BF? Not just one.

upload_2021-6-14_12-33-32.png

9. OP
    OP
    Yoral

Yoral Slime

Nov 22, 2020
    Male
    Yoral
    Page
    Yes. I did the rounds for HH.

10. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    People have been asking for shorter timers on all the area bosses for a year now. Ever since the covid boom, even adding 2 channels has not been enough to sustain the player base. There's been multiple suggestion on way to summon the boss or a separate mini-dunegon, or as you suggest just shortening the timer. I'm sure staff has read these suggestions before, so hopefully they decide to do something.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Tango

Tango Horny Mushroom

Feb 27, 2018
    Male
    12:53 AM
    Chronicles
    Paladin
    You have to remember that there's 8 channels and 8 different maps for both HH and BF, equating to a total of 64 possible spawns. Even though server resets have them all wiped after 1-3 hours, you are still capable of finding a few after a day or so, especially in The Evil Dead where hardly anyone goes to fight them.
    I personally never had a problem with finding them, especially when I hunted them as a Bucc, Hero, Pally, Sair and BM.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Yoral

Yoral Slime

Nov 22, 2020
    Male
    Yoral
    Page
    Yes, I understand that. Like I said, I did the rounds. However, even though 64 possible places for HH, it is still not very viable because:
    1. 2 of those spawns also spawn BF, and some people can't afford to buy 5 safety charms every time they want to go HH hunting (so 48 possible spawns that are safe)
    2. Searching for HH, in itself is a big time sink, which, makes grinding more consistent unless you're able to find a "batch" of HHs.​
    I know "64" seems like a big number on its face, but in reality it's smaller than it seems. People are desperately clawing their way to 120 at the moment. While I can't go back in time and experience the other times where people were trying to 120 on this server, I think I can say that, right now, there seems to be many people trying for it. Most of these people are, unfortunately, at the seemingly eternal grind of killing CDs at Taipei 101. One of my guildmates is one of these creatures, and he's already lost enough sanity to change his discord icon and name to Greatest Oldies.
    All I want is to relive the Phantom Forest experience with my friend, and have it be viable as an occasional grinding spot to break up the times we're mindlessly grinding at CDs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    7:53 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    I understand the sentiment, but I feel like I always accidentally run into 3 HH's when hopping through Phantom Forest OnionF6

14. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    You're probably right about how these are bosses were intended to be used, but honestly I think the gameplay of hunting down Headless Horsemen for XP is more fun than grinding mobs. >w>

As another suggestion, personally I think it would be cool if HH respawned instantly but only on 1 or 2 maps per channel, and never the same map. So you kill him and then have to hunt around for the next one.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1