1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

I am so tilted...

Discussion in 'Community' started by HollyCrap, Jun 13, 2021.

1. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    8:40 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    I know that this isnt the time to give event feedback but the event has been so tilting to me that i must share my not so good experience... :pinkbean:

But first: I loved the cap system, capping the event at 500 weekly points gave me more accurate and healthy goals overall for this event, it doesn't makes me feel pressured to play everyday, i loved it. :cake::gift1::gift2:

Here is the sad part tho:

I've been waiting for this event so much! I really wanted to grab some extra AP resets, have some fun, enjoy the content... but... the event is near unplayable to me!!!!MapleF12

Disclaimer: I'm a level 110 CB (170 base int, cause washing is not optional in this server '-') and...:

-> I can't boss FoxGhost

-> I dont have any PQ to do (HPQ? haha, i wish... 2 parties (at least) all the time in all chs... there are chs that they are even rotating!! gl with that..)
    -------------(me trying to snipe a HPQ ch for 40 minutes: FoxSpy....FoxF4)

-> I really (reeeeeeeally) suck at the jump quest... managed to get to the top once (after 40 minutes trying) but couldn't figure out what to do so the biscuit thing got me... FoxF1

->I can farm the event coins, while card hunting which is good, but not optimal and only 250 points (IF i grind 24/7) and i can't be online that often...:coin::coin:

->Since i'm not online that often i basically won't catch the cake boss spawning :cake::cake:

Atm i only have 60~70 event points, i've been playing since friday night... i can't play on weekdays that much, maybe a pbpq and some grind (30~40 minutes or so..) and at this rate of coin generation i will only get like (at most) 5 extra ap resets per week.. I much rather dont play the event at all, to be honest... Which is, truth to be told, quite frustrating, even though i'm 100% aware that i'm not forced to play it!

So ye.. this is my little "rant" (more like taking things out of my chest), since i view these kind of events as an awesome chance to farm ap resets and have some fun time while doing it. Maybe the event would fell a lot better if i had another PQ option, like PPQ, to farm those coins...

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    4:40 AM
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    I understand your frustration. Personally when I first joined the server, I feel gated by events as well, since they seem to cater to higher level players than new players who joined at the start of the event. But don't forget, you will be rewarded for your patience. One day, you will be a higher level and you will be able to gain easier access to the game in return.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    1:40 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Ironically, this event is particularly beneficial for low-level players. They can keep up with the bossing rate of points perfectly fine through regular PQ'ing. The only level range that is really suffering IMO is 100-125 or 100-135. The players that joined towards the start of the event are probably maxing out their points without too much effortOnionBlush

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. OP
    OP
    HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Why would i need ap resets then?
    And i play this server since 2016~17
    I just dont want to play on my high lvl characters anymore '-' (i cant even play on them and transfer the ap resets!!!)

5. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Try to grind those farming points in a party, can get 50 additional points! :) and makes it more fun.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. 8TEEN

8TEEN Pink Teddy

Apr 28, 2020
    Female
    7:40 PM
    Macbeth, Viona, Torrie, Wilson
    Paladin, Bishop, Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I think the real question is how is he going to consistently hit max points on 2 categories while being efficient with his time aka not grinding for extremely long hours for 250 coins

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. OP
    OP
    HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    this, exactly

8. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    2:40 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    I have a lvl 115 IntLord and i just accepted that the max i will get is around 100 points per week ;) and that's fine in my opinion, because the amount of pints you need is lower then previous events.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    If you're willing to hold one button down while watching Netflix or something, Assaulter in one of the flat Mushroom Shrine maps(kappas or paper lanterns) is a decent option for easy points

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  10. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Well. The lv 100 to 125/135 problem again. It is dead obvious that they are lacking any actual content to do up their points

Don't be a selfish high level player whom just bring most of your character onto a krex/scarga points run, and call it done for the week after an hour or less.
    While telling those 100-125 players to grind at a rate of 1 point every 2-3 min at HHG? I mean, come on please.

I have been really actively bumping all the thread on this issue. I believe is this an urgent and valid concern that should be looked into while this event is going on.
    Also HPQ is so fking crowded, it is not realistic for them to just HPQ lulz

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Is it possible for you to APQ or GPQ for points? GPQ is unlimited timing wise so that could potentially help.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    In the past events, i couldn't do event points on my int lord (when it was) \o/
    Now that i washed out my int, i dont touch hpq for this event UwU.
    washing life is sweaty and getting shit returns for 1,2 events is expected.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    what if i was level 60? 10 OPQs and i'm done with the event... int has nothing to do with it, i'm not in a level to do any of the extra content

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Surprisingly, as a returning player starting out fresh, the event isn't that newbie friendly. Hear me out:
    As a new player, you want the rings, AP resets, maple weapons or another form of money-making (raffles) and some nice cosmetics to get you looking hawt.
    Now in previous events, cosmetics, raffles and AP resets tended to be gated behind at least two different currencies. With the cap of 500 per week and the amount of stuff a new player wants from the event, you have to make some serious sacrifices. Let alone gain one of the pets/chairs. Whereas people done washing have much more options.

Basically I will probably be sacrificing a large amount of AP resets for some maple weapons, the chair, pets and some good rings. As those things are permanent and only temporarily attainable, while I can wait for AP resets after the event. Its just kinda sad I feel.

EDIT: Having things like AP resets, raffles, maple weapons / other boxes be gated behind the same coin system is a good thing. Players have to make a trade-off between either AP resets or potential mesos. The issue I have is that Pets, Chairs and Cosmetic stuff are gated behind the same currency. I don't see the harm in a separate currency that is more grindable so people can get some nice NX WITHOUT sacrificing on actual in-game profit/AP resets, if they wish to spend the time for it.

TLDR: the event heavily favours people with a bunch of lvl 70+ mules.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    The rings aren't permanent

16. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    2:40 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    what is that magical place ?? i manage to get maybe 10-13 an hour

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    7:40 AM
    DMsRebirth
    I believe the 50 daily points you get from party members don't count towards any of the 4 categories. If you find someone to party and hunt 50 points each with, you'll hit 500 in 5 days.

18. OP
    OP
    HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    its 50 points in a week i think..

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    7:40 AM
    DMsRebirth
    Oh I didn't know that. I guess it really sucks to be in late 3rd job in this server, then.

20. tobymcxs

tobymcxs Slime

Aug 9, 2020
    Shadower
    Washing isn't optional, but I think 170 base int is kinda overkill on a shad tbh if you're MP washing. I felt the same way when I had 140 base int until 165; not exactly sure what your HP goal is but I'm doing fine with 7.3k hp, tier 7 ring and 6k mana. I can technically hit 13k clean HP, but was it/ is it necessary? Kind of regret it (since I stayed piss weak for so long), but it is what it is.

The JQ is RNG but you can use Bstep to aggro the gingers once they cross the side u need to cross, jump on rope and proceed. Last part is a bit tricky, but you gotta yolo it at times. If you know you're gonna get hit, just jump down a platform so you don't have to restart from 0. I think the cap is 7? per week, so once you get the hang of it that's an easy 105 points.

I don't think the grinding cap is too hard to achieve. I merely see it as a bonus for what I already normally do. I was farming candies like crazy at bubblings during the halloween event just using assaulter. Though maybe the way points drop have changed, I could be wrong. Find a map where there is a good spawn/exp rate within your level range. You're level 110 so maybe you can try CDs? So far I've hit around 112 points over 5 cumulative hours of 2100 grinding.

For those in the lvl 125-135 bracket, they can get easy points from CWKPQ. I'm pretty sure they can tap each boss once and get an easy 80 points (2 runs) Plenty of people are recruiting meme cwkpqs, so be on the look out for those.

If I were you I'd find a priest to grind at FoT and meso bomb your way to 4th job. It was extremely fast, about 24mil an/hour. You'll hit 120 really fast if you do so, regardless of your 170 base int.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1