1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Improving the Gingerbread JQ

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hiyo, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    9:16 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Hello, I just did the Gingerbread jump quest over 15 times, and I do believe that it is doable, just frustrating at times. I also spoke to friends and that the general consensus is that it can be annoying at times. I believe that the KEY factor to this JQ should still be patience, however there are 2 things I would like to see changed, that is if changes are welcome.

[​IMG]

There are 2 red arrows (maybe not too clear) pointing at the first floor where there are 2 gingerbread men, I believe that one gingerbread man from both sides be removed to eliminate a huge RNG element to this JQ waiting for them to sync.

The other spot is the red circle on the third floor/platform, I believe this gingerbread man is the cause reason to 80% of my failures and frustration. Removing that boy over there will create a breathing space while not eliminating the important element of this JQ, which is patience.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk uwu

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    8:16 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    I'm fairly certain I remember similar (if not, exactly these) nerfs taking place in previous years. However, I don't fully support them.

Doing the jq might feel tedious, but looking at the load of points you get for doing them (75 points for, what, an hour of work, tops?) I feel like the JQ doesn't need to become any more spoonfed.
    If it becomes any easier, you're just going to see people (LIKE HIYO) doing it on 17 mules, getting their 75 event points per week and thus having access to easy raffles. Please, lets not cause the same type of muling that happened during Valentine (which I abused, it was brilliant, but it doesn't benefit the server if certain people get tens of raffles per event)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Imagine being able of even completing one jq.
    Idk the RNG of these cookies is biased af.

I stared a cookie on first floor right side for 8 minutes, retried JQ and I stared at another cookie for 6 minutes on second floor.
    Retried multiple times and I never got above second floor.

edit1 : from 50 mins to 75 mins
    edit2 : from 75 mins to 120mins
    I'm at 120mins 0 JQs cleared, might try later on next days but... idk if I want to go full masochist.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    11:16 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    10s of raffles is weak, come back when u are doing 100+

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    This is exactly what I did during Valentine, it was fabulous but I don't think it benefits the ML economy MapleF3MapleF3

6. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    7:16 AM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    Bottom row's a snooze fest.
    Middle's easier/faster
    Top's complete RNG BS.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    2:16 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    yea I think that second platform on the top is horrible. The only safe way (aka not relying on rng of the gingerbread people running into you) is to wait until the gingerbread on the 2nd platform is stalled to the left of the rope you are on *and* not have the 3rd platform's gingerbread to the left of its respective rope. This combination alone can take several minutes. It's just bad content tbh. At least lower their hit boxes so that a perfectly timed jump can get you over them. Or add more spikes so that we can have fun iframe strats

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I think if it wasn't completely time limited it would be okay with this rng. But being like get good rng in 15 minutes (or whatever it is) is a bit harsh. Nothing like waiting 5 minutes at the last few guys to run out of time or fail because you rushed due to the time limit.

I also struggle at the same points that Hiyo mentions. I think the changes suggested would help. I understand where Ainz is coming from but at the same time the content is supposed to be fun. If everyone thinks the rng of it ruins it completely and it isn't worth the time investment, aka no one or almost no one does it, then it seems more like a waste of effort to include it at all. It would be better to change it to make it more enjoyable to play.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. WatIsDeze

WatIsDeze Horny Mushroom

May 1, 2020
    Camper
    I don't mind the top plats but the bottom pairs are completely ridiculous, should be just 1 guy per pit.

10. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    if you have a mobbing skill you can lure them to go to the left of the rope to jump and go to second part.
    Depends on which class you are though ^

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. Assman

Assman Orange Mushroom

Jun 6, 2020
    Male
    Sun
    2:16 PM
    WhiteStuff
    Beginner
    SuckDeep
    For some players out there that able to jump without failed, a big salute to your guys. But I bet there is a lot of us are struggle to even get pass the first floor, second floor is ok. And the third one is also pain in da arse. Yes is suppose to be challenging but i think that is a little bit too challenging for most of the players.

This is just my opinion as part of the player i experienced, a survey is definitely needed just to see whether the event need a little bit of change or not?
    So more people can enjoy the event, rather then just skipping the jump quest and focus on others.

Sorry for my bad grammar. Peace.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    When the event is over we'll all fondly reminisce over how fucking stupid this JQ is

...but I don't think it should be changed. It's ONE of many ways to get points and these things aren't supposed to be free. You do get a feel for how patient you have to be after a few runs.

13. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    7:16 AM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    I believe that if there would be only 2 gingerbreads on the bottom plat it would really balance things, cause even if you fail on the top platform it would be much quicker to get back up and it wouldn't feel as frustrating.

14. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    Coming back to this 2 days later- the JQ really isnt so bad. There's still rng towards the end, but once you realize that you can hit them to draw aggro and make them move towards you, it becomes a lot more manageable and less random

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    A major part of the jq is assessing risk. Some of it is RNG, but a lot of it is also being patient enough to wait for low risk opportunities.
    If you carefully watch and don't flub your movements, you should be able to finish the JQ in 3-5 mins each time. I've been averaging about 2-3 mins consistently.

The only bad platforms are the last two, where there is a point of no return.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I just did the JQ on all my mules, and I think it's properly balanced. I suck at JQs and am not very patient, but even while watching netflix, I can still do 5 in 40 minutes. That rate is already better than most 6-man bosses. And fershure there are a lot of people like -ovv that can do it in half that time.

Just imagine how broken it'd be if you made it easier, by getting 75 points every 15 minutes, over 200 fame mules.

17. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    Totally agree with the JQ. It's not a traditional JQ where you have to perfectly time jumps and movements. If you're patient and understand the small movement nuances of the gingerbreads then it's totally fair to do 5x in an hour. I'd say that 75 points/hour is pretty fair

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    [​IMG]
    Everything is fine

thisisnotfine.jpg

19. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    This is great, the dmg should be like CWK pillar for every hit to make this a proper challenge for everyone

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    My lack of potions have given me a sweet tooth