1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Are we really going to allow multi-client HPQ farming for the duration of the event?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Blache, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Blache

Blache Brown Teddy

Jan 12, 2020
    Male
    10:35 AM
    Cleric
    Seems like a massive exploit that isn't being addressed. The only limiting factor right now is whether or not you can actually get in.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    7:35 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Agree, HPQ should be lowered to like, 2 or 3 points. Too easy and way too easily muleable.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    2:35 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Whilst the free points are nice, and some of the points feel kinda necessary for accounts in the 100-120 range. It really shouldn't be this easy to mule 12 accounts at the same time and rotate the parties.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Since multiclienting is apparently disbled during Puff Daddy (right?) maybe we can do the same for HPQ.
    Or any other PQ tbh though this would be a bit of an issue at GPQ with the sacrifice...

But yea lowering the points or not allow multiclienting or both makes sense to me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. OP
    OP
    Blache

Blache Brown Teddy

Jan 12, 2020
    Male
    Cleric
    I'm in favour of both. I say cut the points and disable multi-clienting. It's completely broken in its current iteration.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    1:35 PM
    Whether it gives 2 or 5 points doesn't matter, as long as you can mule it, hence reducing the points just makes people stay there longer with their mules and there'll be more competition for a longer period of time.

Because HPQ is so easy I'd rather increase the points so people are done with it faster and therefore people can get on with their lives and allow other people to do HPQ.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Might as wel start handing out free points at that point, if this is your solution.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    1:35 PM
    Either that or just ban multiclienting from hpq so that myself and others can't mule it.

It takes me c. 3 hours (excluding any waits, etc) to cap all my mules. If the points are reduced and it takes me 4-5 then fine I'll stay there for 4-5, just means I'm there competing for HPQ slots for an extra 2 hours than currently.

If the goal is to reduce competition at HPQ then reducing points is not the solution.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Blache

Blache Brown Teddy

Jan 12, 2020
    Male
    Cleric
    The goal isn't to reduce competition. I think that's largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. The goal is to mitigate the egregious levels of reward exploitation that are currently possible.

HPQ can be completed solo with little effort. That isn't true of most other PQs. Multi-clienting almost certainly needs to be disabled here, but there should also be an additional cap on the number of points that can be earned specifically from HPQ. A simple way to go about that would be to limit the number of daily/weekly runs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    PPQ and EPQ can be done solo with almost no drawback. MPQ, LPQ, OPQ and KPQ are all fairly easy to solo.

APQ seems really hard to do solo and GPQ I don't have much experience with but also seems kinda rough.

I could read back what time I got exactly from my journal but I believe EPQ and PPQ solo was around 8 mins for a run.

11. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    9:35 AM
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    What if instead or in addition we buff alternatives?
    • APQ can't be multicliented (unless you don't care about apples) and can only be run once every 6 hours, yet is worth ~1.5x HPQ points
    • Cake JQ can't be multicliented, and a lot of people are expressing frustration that it's not worth the points due to its difficulty
    • Puff Daddy can't be multicliented, and it's been spawning like... 2x a day?
    • PBPQ can't be multicliented, and it's only available once per day
    • NTPQ can be multicliented but requires high-levelled mules and can only be run 2x a day
    With the exception of NTPQ, improving those would really help out low-level chars.

• Like Like x 2
  12. OP
    OP
    Blache

Blache Brown Teddy

Jan 12, 2020
    Male
    Cleric
    For the most part, I'd say the major difference between the PQs you mentioned and HPQ is the level ranges. HPQ is the only one that can be done with mules fresh off the boat. Other PQs do require considerably more effort to solo because of this. Not everyone has 6 to 12 mules lying around that are within a specific level range.

Even then, if the next fastest solo completion time for any given PQ is 8 mins, that's still more than double the time it takes to complete one HPQ.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    6:35 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Do you really believe that 40-50 levels is enough to stop people with hundreds of fame mules?

14. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Multiclienting HPQ during off-event hours is fine. It's only an issue because the bonus itself is pretty high. I'd suggest lowering the points rewarded per PQ, rather than restricting multiclienting altogether. The time and effort involved should be comparable to the other PQs when considering the reward.

15. OP
    OP
    Blache

Blache Brown Teddy

Jan 12, 2020
    Male
    Cleric
    Enough to stop them in their tracks completely? No. Much like the law doesn't entirely disincentivise criminal activity. But at least we aren't left with a free-for-all. If it comes down to it, the multi-client ban can simply be applied to all PQs for the duration of the event.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Not only that but you can raffle at 70+ which is also the right level for PPQ. You can get 10 points every 8 ish minutes for up to 6 characters which can all be raffled. And there's already people with 70+ mules either for buffs or from previous event raffles.

17. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    Leave HPQ free

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    9:35 PM
    balance team did the right thing by limiting the entries to HPQ. well done!

• Like Like x 4
  19. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I don't think multi-clienting is the issue, what I think is there should be a short cooldown timer added to the NPC that would let you enter to clear it.

Only during the event of course, because of popularity for points.

EDIT:
    Tory: UnknownCode has cleared the quest X timer ago, please wait for the next queue.

-
    • Limited the daily entries to Henesys PQ to 3 per character, this is a temporary change and will only last until the event is over.

They already changed something about it, oh well was a good run while it lasted.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Dershivo

Dershivo Red Snail

Jun 20, 2019
    Male
    Arrow
    Bowmaster
    Beaters
    I'm wondering why the entry count was capped? Why not just restrict the # of points earned from hpq instead? What happens to low level players who actually need to run it?

• Agree Agree x 2