1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Berg's Pepega Chamber

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Bergboy, Sep 11, 2020.

What's wrong with me?

1. Yes

55.0%
  2. Yes

45.0%
  1. Bergboy

Bergboy Orange Mushroom

Mar 16, 2020
    Male
    1:20 AM
    Bishop
    A G A P E
    Table of Contents
    NLC Robot Juices 11 Sep 2020
    Magic Seeds 25 Jun 2021

Hello people, welcome to my version of a journal-esque thread where I'll share the results ( and a bit of the process too, why not ) of my stupid grinds for stupid things.

So to kick off the first post, let me share the results of my grind sessions of something relatively unknown to a decent amount of the ML community.

NLC Pots.

Nonononono wait dont leave yet; I'm not talking about the completely balanced HP/MP potions that everyone knows and loves. Instead let me show off something more interesting that comes from NLC.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

More interested now? Well, now lets talk about how do you obtain these

On the far right of NLC, there's a futuristic humanoid vending machine
    upload_2020-9-11_19-18-39.png

Going through ( or skipping past ) his extremely lengthy dialogue will eventually bring you to a dialogue menu that lets you craft one of these beauties at random. There are 7 potions in total, 3 WA potions and 4 MA ones, in ascending order of potency ( disregarding buff duration ) they are :

Scuffed Coke Pills, the dud from this "raffle"
    [​IMG]

Super Ciders
    [​IMG]

Superior Stoppers
    [​IMG]

Half-An-Apple
    [​IMG]

I ran out of comparisons so : MegaJuice
    [​IMG]

Supreme Cheese
    [​IMG]

and finally HowToWhiteAsBishop.png
    [​IMG]

BlastroJuice ( Superior Stoppers ) appears twice on the raffle list as well, so maybe there's supposed to be a 4th balanced WA Pot in the place of the 2nd BlastroJuice entry.

So right now you might be going "Huh, wait Berg some of these arent actually completely terrible. How come I haven't seen any of these before?". And the simple answer to that question is : Because its pretty ass to farm them.

Notice earlier how i said "craft one of these beauties at random", well this is the crafting materials needed to get ONE raffle pull

upload_2020-9-11_19-33-14.png

Jumper Cables and T-1 socket adapaters are the easiest to get, coming from Wolf Spiders, and since they only vendor for 1 meso each you can easily get WS Leech sellers to drop you a stack or 2 of them.

Boomer Cores are slightly more annoying to get, coming from Boomers on the outskirts of NLC. I grinded these out at "Jungle Valley", taking a total of 1 hour 50 minutes to get 2550 cores for 51 raffles. The meso gain from raw mesos + NPCing equipments comes out to roughly 350k per hour. The pain is very slightly softened by the 46 iceboxes, 17 steel ore, 18 mith ore and 39 dex crystal ores obtained at the same time.

Fuel Cells and Sparkplugs are the worst part of this grind, with the Fuel Cells dropping only from Electrophants, the bright side is Electrophants seem to drop Sparkplugs at roughly the same rate as Fuel Cells, meaning you dont have to go grind Killa Bees to get plugs barring being unlucky. Grinding out 51 Fuel Cells and 51 Sparkplugs took me 4 hours and 50 minutes, featuring an amazing 200k/h meso gain rate. Secondary drops once again were the (extremely scuffed) heroes stopping me from ending this journey, with 158 iceboxes, 23 mith ore , 48 dex ore and 40 power ores dropping during the 5 hour slog.

Adding up the 8 minutes it took me to raffle my 51 tries away, you're getting 1 random potion every 8 minutes, which doesnt sound too terrible until you actually do it.

Finally at the end of all this, I ended up with the following : [​IMG]

11 Scuffed Coke Pills
    8 Super Ciders
    11 Superior Stoppers

4 Half-An-Apples
    5 MegaJuices
    6 Supreme Cheeses
    and 7/900 potions required to white everything in HT as a Bishop

(If you realised that the total number of potions added up to 52 instead of 51 : Why are you counting? But also its because I did 1 raffle as a test before i started tryna grind this )

Rated 2/10 will not do again. I hope you enjoyed this more than i did F3

• Like Like x 15
    • Great Work Great Work x 10
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Grizzy

Grizzy Red Snail

Jul 27, 2020
    Male
    8:20 PM
    Grizzy
    Warrior
    The kind of autism i like to see. Thanks

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Deniz

Deniz Orange Mushroom

May 21, 2017
    Male
    7:20 PM
    Helya
    F/P Arch Mage
    Essence
    Nice I found a fellow Pepega. Been farming these for a while as well and only been going for the Jigajuice but took a break now because they are by far the biggest time wasters in maple. The sheer amount of godly RNG needed for a dozen Jigajuices is insane, a true test of patience. On average I got like 1 per hour (been grinding them on my shad and got 6 so far).
    [​IMG]
    Its a nice item for when people are flexing on you and you can flex back by doing more dmg with bigbang than they do with their mage ult.

• Like Like x 1
  4. naice

naice Slime

Feb 7, 2019
    Male
    1:20 PM
    shopify
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    This is the kind of content I come to the forums for.

5. OP
    OP
    Bergboy

Bergboy Orange Mushroom

Mar 16, 2020
    Male
    Bishop
    A G A P E
    Hi again everyone, its been nearly a year since my last post into this 'journal' so today its time to add a second chapter to this scuffed book.

Today I will be talking about Magic Seeds.

On the Western border of the Minar forest there lies an amazing transpotation device which compresses two annoying boat rides into one quick teleportation, allowing for easy travel between the Victoria and Greater Minar Forest Regions. However, to ultilize this device one must posess an item capable of containing great magical power. The Magic Seed.

[​IMG]

We the adventurers of Victoria lack the knowledge required to create such items, but thankfully some of the friendlier locals are able to help us out with that. In the center of the nearby town of Leafre stands Chief Tatamo, the key person in obtaining this power of teleportation.
    [​IMG]

Being a new face in the town the Chief does not recognize us, but a quick conversation with him will reveal that he is able to sell us the item we need in order to ultilize the transportation device found in the forest. However, with the magic seeds being precious goods, we have to pay 30,000 mesos for each of them.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

While 30k mesos is a fair price to pay for such an useful item, further conversation with the chief reveals that the town of Leafre could use some extra resources to make life more comfortable for its residents and in exchange for these resource, he will sell us magic seeds at a lowered price.

[​IMG]

The chief accepts various items on behalf of the town of Leafre, with different items having a different contribution amount. After donating a certain amount, your friendship level rises with the Chief and the town, allowing you to view different dialogue and more importantly, purchase Magic Seeds at a cheaper rate.

It is important to note that the game automatically keeps track of how many 'points' you have with the Chief ( However there is no way for you view it ), so you do not have to donate all of the ETCs in a single trip. Meaning that all of the Kent Marrows that you were too lazy to loot while waiting for Manon to spawn have gone to waste.

[​IMG]
    My personal choice of mob for this grind was the Black Kentaurus at The Area of Black Kentaurus which drops the Kentasaurus's Skull ETC worth 20 points each. Meaning that I would have to grind out 40,000 of them in order to get the cheapest tier of seeds.
    The reason for picking this mob was firstly due to it having a decent drop table, having access to various high level weapons which have a good NPC value, as well as having the jackpot chance of scoring a good Red Craven. Red Pirate Top/Bottoms are also a possible drop from this enemy.
    The second reason is that the Black Kent is a relatively weak mob with a weakness to Holy spells, which made 1 hitting on a poor Bishop relatively easy.
    Lastly, the map layout was also decent for a mage to farm, only having to teleport left and right on the middle platform to cast genesis on the edges, then looting every ~2.5 or so minutes. With the map changes that were made, convinent teleporters are also now present on this map allowing for melee classes to farm as well due to the easy Warp > Jump down + Kill > Jump down + Kill > Warp loop to cycle through both sides of the map.

With my Bishop, I was able to farm 1850-2150 ETCs per hour, so after a quick 8 minutes in the forest, I walked out with 250 Skulls and handed them in to the Chief. Achieving 5,000 points and lowering the prices of my Magic Seeds to 27,000. He also started to have a faint memory of me at this point.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And while a 10% discount is nice, it wasn't enough for me. I had to keep going. Sensing that I could help out the town some more, the Chief sent me to collect more items to support their lives.

[​IMG]

25 Minutes later, I emerged from the forest once more, 950 skulls in hand. I turned them in at the Chief once again for 19,000 points, bringing my total up to 24,000 points. And with that we became more comfortable around each other, allowing me to buy Magic Seeds at 24,000 mesos each.

[​IMG][​IMG]

A 20% Discount from the original price was great, but I could still go further. So I did. Happy with all the positive changes in Leafre, I ventured back into the forest once more.

[​IMG]

( Note : I only started tracking meso gains at this point and I do not have a Meso Up mule )
    36 Minutes later, I finally gathered the 1300 Skulls that I needed to advance my relationship with the Chief. I trudged back into town with 1,327,499 extra mesos to my name and 6 pieces of equipment that I manage to sell at the local store for 1,380,000 mesos. Finally, I met up with Tatamo in the middle of town and handed my skulls over for an extra 26,000 points, bringing my total up to 50,000 points. We chatted a while about the birth of a new dragon and having grown closer, he informed me that I could now purchase Magic Seeds at 18,000 mesos each.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Now for most of you, this would be a great place to stop farming. A whopping 40% discount off the original price of a Magic Seed for roughly an hours worth of work. But I saw 2 more hurdles to be jumped. After chatting with the rest of the townsfolk I ventured into the forest once more...

[​IMG]

( Note : I started tracking the other stuff at this point )

After nearly 4 hours in the forest, I finally emerged once more. With my bags stuffed their breaking point, I brought the 7500 Skulls, 30 Luk Ore, 10,275,777 mesos and 39 pieces of equipment back into town. After picking out the items that held greater potential, I sold the rest of the equipment to the local store. Doing a quick bit of math to subtract my potion costs, I realised that I was 17,223,377 mesos richer. ( Total raw mesos + NPCing Equipments - pot costs. FM Luk Ore, perf top/bottoms and good Cravens not added )

Hastening my step towards the center of town the familar face of my friend Tatamo greeted me once again with a smile. I turned the 7500 Skulls in for 150,000 points, bringing my total up to 200,000. After a short chat about the dangerous 3 headed dragon that I am available to join runs on as a Bishop *wink wink* the subject of Magic Seeds came up, and Tatamo informed me that he could now sell them to me at 12,000 mesos a piece.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Finally we're sitting at the deep discount of 60%. However for me, there lies 1 last challenge to face. As the #1 Supporter of Leafre, I enjoyed a few parties in town before I packed my bags with potions and other useful supplies and headed back into the forest one final time.

[​IMG]

Finally, after almost 15 hours I crawled out a broken man. An additional 30,000 Skulls, 139 Luk Ore, 39,413,678 mesos and 185 pieces of equipment added to my name, but at what cost? Desperate for a break, I headed to the Leafre Spa while someone did my finances for me. At the end of my relaxation treatment I was informed that I was currently 79,554,378 mesos richer. ( Once again, total raw mesos + NPCing equipments - pot costs. FM Luk Ore, perf top/bottoms and good Cravens not added )

Done with restoring my mental health, I headed over to meet my old buddy Tatamo, finally turning in the 30,000 Skulls, I gained 600,000 points for a grand total of 800,000 points. Finally as a true friend of the chief and Leafre I was allowed to purchase Magic Seeds at 8,000 mesos each. Placing us at a 73.33% discount from the original price.

[​IMG][​IMG]

And after all this time he finally bothered to learn my name.
    [​IMG]
    Well, names.
    [​IMG]
    I didn't track anything when I first did the farm for my Bishop, this data was all gathered from the journey to 8k seeds on my Bucc. ( I farmed with the Bishop though because bucc is level 77 and I dont hate myself that much )

Also it's probably best if no one asks him about what did he do with 80,000 skulls of the dead.

And now, some Info presented in a cleaner format to cap the post off.
    Per hour I averaged around :

2.6m raw mesos WITHOUT MU
    12 pieces of equipment - The mesos gained I had varied from 2m - 5m RAW. Bonus if you get good cravens or pirate top/bottoms
    9 Luk Crystal Ore
    1950 Kent Skulls
    65 Power Elixirs
    19.5m Exp WITH EVENT XP MULTIPLIERS

I also did this farm during Summer2020, Hween2020 and Anni2021 Events, so exp rates are affected by that. Also the drop rates of everything seemed more generous during Anni2021 based on my raw data, but ~10 hours during Summer/Hween and ~10 hours during Anni2021 probably isn't enough data to conclude anything. ( Map change/buff affected it maybe? ) I also made an extra ~80m off good cravens and perf pirate top/bottoms.

Rated 7/10 would probably farm again for a 3rd character of mine.
    Thank you for reading the second entry of my 'journal'.
    Now if you will excuse me, there is a patch of grass outside with my name on it waiting to be touched.

• Great Work Great Work x 12
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Bergboy

Bergboy Orange Mushroom

Mar 16, 2020
    Male
    Bishop