1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

OwlRepo - a repository of transcribed owl searches

Discussion in 'Items & Mesos' started by geospiza, Jul 3, 2020.

1. OP
    OP
    geospiza

geospiza Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Apr 16, 2020
    3:27 AM
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    I added a new route for signing and verifying messages via https://owlrepo.com/sign. This uses the same keys that sign the uploads from local storage.

Try verifying this message:

{"payload":"Ik15IG5hbWUgaXMgZ2Vvc3BpemEuIFRoZSBkYXRlIGlzIDIwMjEtMDYtMTguIg","signatures":[{"protected":"eyJ0eXAiOiJqd2sranNvbiIsImFsZyI6IkVTMjU2IiwiandrIjp7Imt0eSI6IkVDIiwia2lkIjoidEZnVkVTODIxRFM0N0wzUGtfQnI4XzBzYkZEbFJqMXIyaHRhV2p5QVJrZyIsImtleV9vcHMiOlsic2lnbiJdLCJjcnYiOiJQLTI1NiIsIngiOiJHYWZsbEVmZEphWm1tdE1QdTN0QWFLM3JseXdCT19vQlRlbVVoVVVvYXF3IiwieSI6IlR4VkR6N2U3TXZ3RHo4NDFEc2d4REE2NnpnWnNYS3ptNXAtLWg1em43V1kiLCJleHQiOnRydWV9fQ","signature":"gPwJWhL_kVJ8O-fl1bHU906kVldpssq9XWb4RXQj02CsBpbHhrei-6lYz9lp83EzxAErKPBbW8b2-oLHb3WPdw"}]}

The public key fingerprint should be tFgVES821DS47L3Pk_Br8_0sbFDlRj1r2htaWjyARkg. The message should read:

> My name is geospiza. The date is 2021-06-18.

I'm thinking of using this as part of a bounty program to get more screenshots into the repository. I'm still thinking through the logistics, but this signing and verification piece will be used to prevent abuse.

• Like Like x 1
  2. yutizzle

yutizzle Blue Snail

Apr 22, 2021
    Male
    Wow this is awesome, you saved me a ton of nx

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Mii

Mii Mixed Golem

Sep 21, 2018
    MapleLegends
    11:27 AM
    LilMi / miii
    Bowmaster
    ⚔️ Beaters
    `

Thanks for doing this owlrepo. It's very similar to the ideas I had to Scrollguide.com, but i didnt have the time and knowledge to do it this well.

just a lil feedback, sometimes when i upload owls, when the price is "888,888" mesos it interprets as "888". is this common?

• Like Like x 1
  4. ruttwood

ruttwood Mano

Mar 10, 2020
    Male
    10:27 AM
    Rutty
    Priest
    Hey,

Firstly can I just say how much I love the site and what you've done. Over the years I've used many an excel spreadsheet for tracking item prices in various games, so this is just the most wonderful thing!

Unfortunately I'm having some issues uploading. I'm playing on a Mac, and initially I tried uploading in Brave browser, but after I kept getting errors I tried uploading on Safari too just to be sure - same problem. I've done a few different searches but none seem to be uploading so I think I'm probably doing something wrong! I'm using Cmd + Shft + 4 , Spacebar.

Any suggestions?

5. OP
    OP
    geospiza

Apr 16, 2020
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    This is an interesting observation -- there are certain errors that are more common than others. I may have to take a closer look at some point.

This is not the first time I've heard about issues with macOS in the last week. Do you have an example screenshot that you can share with me, either here or in a DM? If you open up the browser console (Option+cmd+J in chrome) and upload an image, you'll probably see an issue with the screenshot size. This is likely a small fix.

If I were to redo the uploading component, I would use the algorithm I implemented for monsterbook transcription instead of the fixed area crop; but I only have the time for maintenance at the moment.

6. ruttwood

ruttwood Mano

Mar 10, 2020
    Male
    Rutty
    Priest
    Interestingly the browser console says it's the file name that is bad. All my screenshots automatically save in the following format:

Screenshot 2022-02-18 at 22.00.58.png

Thankfully if that's the only problem then it's not an issue for me to rename them, I'd just need to know what format the upload accepts. I've posted the picture below just in case I'm missing something else too.

[​IMG]

7. ruttwood

ruttwood Mano

Mar 10, 2020
    Male
    Rutty
    Priest
    Hey Geospiza, I was just wondering if you ever got a chance to take a look at this problem? I've been diligently hoarding FM screenshots to upload, and I currently have about 200 going back the last couple of months, but I'm still unable to upload.

I appreciate you're busy so no worries if not.

8. OP
    OP
    geospiza

Apr 16, 2020
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    I've recently done some work to make uploading easier from Windows using https://tauri.app/ to make a desktop application.

upload_2022-7-17_12-18-3.png
    The screenshots tab in the application will pull out your owl images into a new directory and organize them into batches. This makes it much more convenient to upload, and keeps your screenshots folder clear of all the owl screenshots.

upload_2022-7-17_12-22-48.png

Try it out by downloading the installer at the GitHub release page:

https://github.com/geospiza-fortis/owlrepo-client/releases/tag/v6.0.0

• Great Work Great Work x 8
  9. G Cupcake

G Cupcake Red Snail

Feb 27, 2021
    Male
    6:27 AM
    GreatCupcake
    Cleric
    I like the look and feel of the app. Question, since I've been using browser, I have now two JWKs. Is there a way to move the contributions from my browser key to my desktop key?

10. OP
    OP
    geospiza

Apr 16, 2020
    geospiza
    Dark Knight
    Funk
    It’s not possible to merge two sets of contributions locally since the keys are private to each browser profile. I’ve been meaning to set up a username functionality server-side though, and I think it would be doable to configure a claim on a username across multiple keys.

11. G Cupcake

G Cupcake Red Snail

Feb 27, 2021
    Male
    6:27 AM
    GreatCupcake
    Cleric
    I think this would be ideal! It's not many contributions, but it's internet points and those make me feel good lol. Might be an obvious statement since I'm playing this.

• Agree Agree x 1