1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't use alt key on a mac

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by Melissa M, Apr 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melissa M

Melissa M Red Snail

Apr 19, 2015
    Female
    9:56 PM
    Melbellex3
    Thief
    I think the title pretty much explains it! I'm on a mac vs. 10.9.4 and I can't get the alt key to work for anything that's binded to that key! It's frustrating because I'm so used to having that key for jump! Any suggestions? Or anybody else playing with a mac come across this issue?

2. Crafty

Crafty Pink Teddy

Jan 18, 2015
    Male
    England
    3:56 AM
    Kube
    Thief
    Dalmascus
    Since none of the developers use Mac or make the installer for it, this might be down to an issue through that. Not many people are experienced with Mac, but I'll have a dig when I get home later.

3. OP
    OP
    Melissa M

Melissa M Red Snail

Apr 19, 2015
    Female
    Melbellex3
    Thief
    Thanks so much =)

• Like Like x 1
  4. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    7:56 PM
    NSFW
    just rebind it... o_o
    press the \ key to open up the key binding menu, then don't bind anything to alt

5. OP
    OP
    Melissa M

Melissa M Red Snail

Apr 19, 2015
    Female
    Melbellex3
    Thief
    Yea, I know and I did that, but do you know how hard it is not to use alt as jump when you've been used to that for like 8 years now?

6. Joweelo

Joweelo Red Snail

Dec 29, 2014
    Female
    Singapore
    10:56 AM
    THIS. I've been trying to make the alt key work, but it just doesn't regardless of any MS client. MapleF4

7. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    I've done it. It isn't.

8. OP
    OP
    Melissa M

Melissa M Red Snail

Apr 19, 2015
    Female
    Melbellex3
    Thief
    Well it is for me...

9. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    After you've used it for any reasonable amount of time it won't be

10. Link

Link Blue Snail

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    10:56 PM
    I feel ya.. though yeah. Not much you can do. When I was using a mac I used the spacebar for jump and binded other things so that my fingers rested in the same position that they would have if I was using alt for jump. So x was pick up items instead of Z.. and I forget what attack was. But yeah. I hope you get used to it soon! :0

11. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    10:56 PM
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  12. Crafty

Crafty Pink Teddy

Jan 18, 2015
    Male
    England
    3:56 AM
    Kube
    Thief
    Dalmascus
    Also another method I've been looking at is with Mac's. (Option key = AltGR).

Open up your settings and go to Keyboard Settings, change the binding of the Options key to represent the normal Alt key. (As I'm not familiar with Mac's either, I wouldn't know how to get there; but I'm sure you'll be able to find it easily.)

But after checking Navi's link, it seems that might help you more. Just giving you other options encase that doesn't work.

Here's a couple of useful threads that might help -

13. Nick

Nick Slime

Feb 23, 2015
    Male
    San Diego, CA
    REVOK
    Marauder
    i'm on mac. what i did was move jump to space. right alt on my mac keyboard seems to be bound to the number 9 and left alt seems to be bound to the number 8. If that helps at all...ever since i just re-arranged my ingame keyboard, it hasnt been much of an issue. Unless you use mouse keys like i do

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.