1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

High SP Resets Give Free/Extra SP

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by JKNS, Jun 21, 2021.

1. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    5:41 AM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    Description of the bug: On my Dark Knight, I used 15 4th job SP from Levels 161-165 to max Power Crash, a 3rd job skill. During the time SmartBuff was disabled, Hex of the Beholder became unusable because it would just continue to override buffs and buff potions, so I decided to SP Reset those 20 points into a different skill.

When you use a SP Reset, the default window is 1st job. The description of an SP Reset says that you are free to move points used on skills after X Job Advancement into X Job Skills: if I used 2nd job points on Endure, then I can move points from Endure to 2nd job skills using a 2nd job SP Reset.

However, to my surprise, the 4th job SP Reset was giving me the option to move any SP from 1st, 2nd, or 3rd job to 4th job skills, despite the only 4th job SP me using going into Power Crash.

I @gm'd and talked with Ducky, who eventually said something along the lines of this is working as intended, when it clearly is not: if I can apply 15 points into Power Crash, then SP Reset 15 points from Power Strike into a 4th job skill, I've essentially created 15 4th job SP for 76.5K NX. While not many classes go back to maxing previous job skills, the existence of this is something that seems abusable, especially when many skills from early on become obsolete at higher levels.

What is supposed to happen?: Only SP from Power Crash should be movable, not all skills that have SP applied to them from 1st-3rd job.

Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: Using an SP Reset.

A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): Apply SP into any older job point (2nd job SP into 1st job skill, 3rd job SP into 1st/2nd job skill, 4th job SP into 1st/2nd/3rd job skill), then buy an SP Reset for that job. This bug only works if you have invested newer job SP into an older job's skills.

Extra information (optional): No idea what priority to set the prefix to, but this seemed somewhat major.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  2. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    4:26 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    You are correct that you are not supposed to be able to move a 2nd job SP to a 4th job SP. This is why archers who maxed Final Attack are unable to get rid of Final Attack as it does not allow you to move SP to let's say a 1st job skill (and because their every other skill is maxed in 2nd job window.)

Maybe this is for the better? o.o

Edit: Maybe not. Maxing Snipe at lv 120? hahaha

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    9:41 PM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    The stealth buff that Buccaneers needed

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    3:41 AM
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    Are you able to reset more than 15 SP into a 4th job skill? Perhaps the game just checks for total possible SP gained in 4th and restricts you from putting in more than that. So if you placed 15 SP into a non-4th job skill after becoming 4th job, then you can only reset 15 SP into 4th job and none more. In this scenario, I'd say that's okay and not an exploit

5. OP
    OP
    JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    You can only move points equal to what you've invested, so only 15 points are movable.

The difference is if I move points back out of Power Crash into my 4th job skill, then I've moved 4th job SP into a 4th job skill: totally fine and reasonable. If I add to Power Crash then move 15 points out of Power Strike, Slash Blast, Improving HP Recovery, or other, I've moved 1st job SP into a 4th job skill, which shouldn't be possible and very clearly an exploit that is not okay. It reduces my 1st job SP from 61 to 46 and increases my 4th job SP from 131 to 146 (currently).

6. OP
    OP
    JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    Right: moving points with Resets to older job skills is not possible, but the reverse (using newer job SP to add to older job skills, then resetting to that same job) is possible. So while 2nd job SP Resets can't move points from FA to Focus, if you used 3rd job SP to add to Arrow Blow right now, you could use a 3rd job SP Reset to move a point from FA into Thurst (as an example).

This wouldn't allow you to max Snipe at 120, but what it would do is let you deal with the confusing SP points conundrum in late 3rd job Archerland and just max all of Blizzard, Eagle, Mortal Blow, and Thrust (or whatever it is you're looking to get maxed) using 4th job SP, then using 4th job SP Resets to reset things like Double Shot and Arrow Blow to 0 while still keeping Snipe/SE at their "correct" levels.

7. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    I'm still struggling to see how this is entirely exploitable, sorry maybe I'm missing something.

You're presenting an example of power crash to 4th job as "4th job to 4th job", but my understanding is that power crash is a 3rd job skill, so a little confused there.

But let's say you put 4th job SP into a 3rd job SP. And then you reset 1st job SP into 4th job skill, but you never are able to have more total 4th job SP allocated than 4th job SP gained. I guess technically it's not intended because you're sort of moving more 1st job SP into 3rd job SP. But realistically, are there any jobs that can exploit this? From my experience on the couple 4th job chars that I have, the last SP usages in 3rd job are throwaway and you've essentially maxed out all the good skills by then

8. OP
    OP
    JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    It's not about the tier of skill you applied points into, it's the job advancement you have when you applied points to it. If I apply points at 161 into a 3rd job skill, I am using 4th job SP into 3rd job skills, so moving it back out is 4th job points going to 4th job skills. Why is it possible that points I used at Level 23 can be used to power up skills at Level 175? At least if I move those 15 points out of Power Crash, it will be points from 161-165 (points that were legally usable on 4th job skills that I had existing at the time) that move, not something that is impossible to generate in the game otherwise.

9. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    6:41 AM
    iPippy
    There is an issue here, but it's not exactly how OP describes it (or I'm misunderstanding). I'll post the images soon, but I was able to take a 4th job SP, raise a 2nd job skill, and then reset out of a 1st job skill. My total number of points in 1st job skills is now too low. A mage is supposed to have 67 1st job SP (and SP resets for all jobs said 0 points available before doing this so I know all points were previously allocated within each job normally), but now my total is 66 SP in 1st job.

-Process for "SP Washing" (cheeky name kek)

1. Use a higher job fresh SP to put into a skill one job lower (4th->3rd, 3rd->2nd, etc).
    2. Use the appropriate SP reset for the fresh point spent (it was 4th job in my case)
    3. Take out of a lower job skill and return the point to a skill in the reset level used
    4. Voila! You now have "moved" a job SP point into another job.

Limitations:
    -This only works to move points up to 3rd job, there is no way to get more 4th job points.
    -This must be done fresh, so level 200s need not apply

This should probably be fixed, or itll have meta implications for classes that have more 2nd/3rd job skills that they want and fewer 1st/2nd job skills that points can be brought up from.

(Screenshot coming soon once I'm off mobile)

• Informative Informative x 6
  10. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    [​IMG]

A 4th job fresh SP was used to raise the level of Holy Arrow (2nd job skill)->4th job SP reset to remove a point from Energy Bolt (where before spending the fresh point 2nd, 3rd, and 4th SP reset said "0 points available") and returned to Resurrection.

Yes, energy bolt was level 2 before this, and yes Improved MaxMP is currently 0/10. Ignore the SP allocation on my meme bishop kekw. The important point is that I have LESS 1st job SP than I should, according to job logic.

IGN for devs if you need to look: PippyHB

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    You've described the exact issue. I've also basically termed it "SP Washing" mentally, since that's essentially what this is.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    I can finally max the most beautiful skill in the game: Shockwave

jk pls no ban

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  13. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    OMG!!! If you awesome admins can correct this so the 4th Job SP Reset allows SP to be reset into lower jobs...that would be so wonderful to get rid of Final Attack off of my archers!!

That skill SUCKS!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
  15. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    I think this is already possible, without even needing 4th job SP. It looks possible to use a 3rd job point on a 1st job skill, and then use a 3rd job SP reset to move from Final Attack into a 3rd job skill. This also keeps the points allocated in a "legal" way, in terms of number of points within each job as sp is effectively moving from 2nd down to 1st.

16. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I tried just recently and it does not work with any SP reset. If you use a 3rd Job SP Reset, you are allowed to remove an SP you gained during 3rd Job placed in any skill, but you are absolutely FORCED to place it into a 3rd Job Skill. The same is true for a 2nd Job SP Reset, and if you aren't 4th Job yet, then the 4th Job SP Reset won't even activate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    I think theres a bit of moscommunication here. You'll have to apply the *fresh* 3rd job point into a 1st job skill. Then you'll be able to use a 3rd job SP reset. Instead of removing it from a 1st job skill, take out of a 2nd job skill (Final Attack).

In total, this will have the same effect as moving a point from 2nd job back to 1st, but it requires a fresh 3rd or 4th job SP to do so.

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. Cerulean

Cerulean Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    Can we get a staff to confirm whether or not this is a bug so we know if this is classified as exploiting a bug?

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Bump. I wish to max some low level skills if this does not count as bug abuse.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    I'm happy to report I was able to do this successfully! I just have to level two more times and I can clear out the rest of the Final Attack out of my skill set and I'll be free from my mistakes all those years ago! Thanks again, sir!

• Informative Informative x 1