1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion on balance changes to sweeping.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dimez, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    9:46 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Is it even true that this event is bad for AP resets? Between nx tickets, golden gach, and the point system the AP reset/hr you can farm should easily be competitive with celebrated past events.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    12:46 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Yeah, hence the FUN event :p Promoting people to do PQs, have 30 man boss runs, and just do different things seem more entertaining, no? Like if I were a new player, I wouldn't care that I can't grind 5000 AP resets this event by being on one map. Returning players, also, wouldn't care about that because those players have probably already finished washing xD

I'm not saying this is a perfect event by any means, but to say it like foreshadows NERFED AP RESETS FOR ALL EVENTS IN THE FUTURE or that it fails to be a good event, seems to be quite overly dramatic at least in my eyes

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    1:46 AM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    There's a reason why the main farming maps are largely empty 1-2 days after the weekly reset. Gold gach is 1 per hour at best, often >2-3 hours without any. It's clear they wanted to clamp down on it, you can't even transfer them across the same account anymore. You only get ~60 from exchanging the entire event.

No one expects 5000 resets per event but i'll believe its not perma nerfed when I see it buffed back comparable to what it was before in future events
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. WatIsDeze

WatIsDeze Horny Mushroom

May 1, 2020
    5:46 PM
    Camper
    Yep, this is what a nerf-happy stance on balance in basically any kind of game ever will do to a community.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I might be delusional but I'm pretty sure there were zero farmable AP resets last valentines event?

I also hope that these things are not being sidelined:

Obviously it's not very easy to find a nice working solution, but ever since Christmas there has not been many ways of obtaining cash nor AP resets while it's one of the main things in this server. I hope there's still active discussion going in within the MapleLegends team to tackle these things and make it more accessible for the people that are somewhat unable to vote.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    8:46 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    How dare staff not include all of the absurdly good and broken event content in a single patch. The other patches were clearly indicators of where my expectations should be and the fact that we didn't get the exp rates from last year's anniversary, along with 2017 stew crafting, Rings of Overdrive, Agent Equipment, summer fishing AP Resets, and WS/Chaos raffle rates that dunk the price to 50mil just shows how disappointing this event is.

JK I'm just enjoying an event that lets me do whatever I want and still progress towards the rewards.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    11:46 AM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    This made me LOL because there were no ways to obtain any AP resets last event, and then they gated AP resets this event after all the covid joiners listened to the older members tell them how good the apr gain will be on anniversary that they could wash their characters they have been working on. It stung a little bit because some of us accidentally were counting on that but that is our bad. But it is pretty funny for a staff member not to know that apr were not given in the previous event.

Back to the original topic of the thread, looking at market right now the WS and CS continue to go up in price despite additions of event raffle, cwk turn in, and sweeper nerf. All I can focus on when grinding or bossing is the money on the ground that looks ugly and buggy and my little dialogue box spamming me with you can't pick that up. My personal opinion on the economy issues here is that all areas for non-mage classes to get money were already nerfed, now the only way to make decent money for amount of time invested is by making a mage or multi mages, and nerfs are being applied to that.

Have you considered that not everyone in the server likes playing mages or grinding in these ways? Why are there no buffs in other areas of the game to promote other ways to obtain mesos? Less people will resort to these strategies if there was any way to even get close to the amount of money made on a mage, even solo mages. Most players generally don't enjoy farming mesos for hours and will usually go for the best way to do it. The changes made so far have railroaded everyone into mages as the only way to make money. All the nerfing is just creating a negative outlook overall. Buff maps for non mage users - specifically bossing. If people can make a decent amount of money on the characters they actually enjoy playing, they will be more happy in the long run and you won't end up with as many multi mage farmers. You are punishing players for strategies you are forcing them into in the end. You offer no variety for other methods to obtain similar levels of money. I feel like this is the area you need to be focusing on.

In regards to the mesos everywhere, this looks super broken and buggy. If I was a new player right now I would think the game is bugged. It isn't even an easily ignored change, because it's constantly in your face telling you this is not how this was supposed to be or how it worked in GMS.

Thanks for coming to my TEDtalk.

• Like Like x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Problem with buffing/nerfing maps is that, in any indirect way, mages will always be able of sweating these maps and get more meso/hour against non-mages (see mannequins pre aggro nerfs lulw).

If for example there were buffs to deep ludi for non-mages, most likely it would become a new meta for mage farming (yada yada can't buff maps just can nerf them cuz mages)

I would say this is the main aspect staff has to look at right now.
    The influx of new players (and old ones too lul) are being pushed into mage meta for various reasons :
    1) having to farm mesos for attacker gear and int gear
    2) wasting time waiting for time-gated attacker hp wash (muh Gtop voting)
    3) highest meso/hour through efficiency and lazy gameplay

I for one lost interest in playing the game knowing I have to farm for hours on end to upgrade gear. My only way to make it less painful is to make a mage, which I'd say is a hardpass no for me, given I despise playing multiple chars.
    Another thing I see often is the fact that players are not interested in "investing" into another char just to farm mesos / singular function, if their playtime hours is low enough given life/work whatever else they do in life.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    +1 on this point. I revived my old 3rd job I/L to farm event points at PPQ. If anyone has led PPQ you should know that in the 2nd stage you have to loot etcs in order to pass the stage. Trying to pickup these etc through all the mesos on the ground just feels clunky and broken.

(Upgrades to the pirate hat is appreciated tho. Whoever on staff suggested PQ item buffs, kudos to you).

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. hloohe

hloohe King Slime

Jun 27, 2017
    hloohe
    Bowmaster
    I don't see how decreasing the meso influx in the market would deflate ws/cs prices

Demand for ws is not going to change significantly based on its price. Ws could be 100m or 200m, everyone who is trying to achieve end game goal would be buying them. And there are more and more players who are reaching their end game equips.

Only way ws/cs price would go down is if supply of ws/cs > demand of ws/cs.

Imo, staff should really look into the real atrocity: chair price inflation
    Starry chair is 50m+ (it used to be like 5m)
    Ghost ship chair is 650m + (it used to be like 200m)
    etc.

I think you combat the chair inflation by making the player pay 500k every time they want to sit on their chair.

Still would be less gimmicky and better balance change then this meso looting shit

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. skim0686

skim0686 Mushmom

Mar 21, 2021
    Why is the current price of ws and cs a problem? these scrolls were supposed to be close to impossible to get, they were never meant to be affordable nor meant for the average player. literally their whole point is to create perfect equips/push the traditional boundaries of scrolling. And they are basically a vehicle to transfer wealth from the top to bottom, it's not like your average player is buying these scrolls. As much as prices have gone up, players today can gain more wealth today than before. Mid-game players have more wealth than they ever did before. Staff should be especially careful considering 90% of players seem to think inflation = them not being able to afford something the same way as in the past.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. hloohe

hloohe King Slime

Jun 27, 2017
    hloohe
    Bowmaster
    I don't think I said it is a problem, just like how price of the chairs isn't a problem. Problem is how game functions and viability of certain methods are nerfed or removed for the sake of trying to manipulate the market

13. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Changes to general public's income shifts demand curve. By decreasing meso influx, the demand curve theoretically would shift inward. Whether this actually happened or not is hard to tell and arguable, but your point is still moot.

Also, demand is not the same as how many people want something, it's how much people want to buy something. I agree with your assumption that everyone would want WS/CS, but they may not want to buy WS/CS depending on their finances. They might have alternative ways to spend their mesos to improve their stats.

These chairs you listed are expensive because they're novelties and no longer available, so I don't see how this is any relevant. WS/CS prices are fundamentally different issue than chairs because WS/CS are closely related to stats, and more specifically, end-game. This carries more importance than cosmetics and causes different impacts on the health of the game and the economy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. kiln

kiln Pink Teddy

Jan 2, 2021
    Pepperspray
    Corsair
    Elite
    I know that don't speak for everyone, but for me, I decide that I want to work towards a finished weapon, figure out how much that will cost, and then figure out how I'm going to get that money.

I'd be prioritizing WS/CS over other gear/scrolls by about the same amount regardless of whether it costs 170m or 400m. Weapon/Cape/Gloves are a huge priority in terms of gearing up.

This is what people mean when they claim that WS/CS is its own currency - it's more tightly related to your character progression than mesos are.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Gold gach rates are identical to what they were previously kekw

Farming maps are largely empty because other methods are much more optimal (and fun) to get points :p

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. DrChuchu

DrChuchu Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Sep 21, 2020
    Male
    DrPikachu
    Night Lord
    I just realized that unlootable mesos can actually cause QoL issues beyond simply more stuff on the ground. When the pet gets the "unavailable for pickup" message, there's a chance that this can overwrite your button inputs. This is more noticeable when there are lots of mesos that your pet is attempting to pickup.

Clearly, this is a shad nerf and pickpocket is now griefing your team.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    Pasta
    Gold gach rates feel abysmal and the lack of farmable resets is why all the farming maps are dead

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Well, we honestly didn't do anything different to the gold gachs compared to any of the past events from my knowledge :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    Pasta
    Even without considering gold gach, the exchange rate and points capping is still somewhat prohibitive

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    11:46 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    people can't manage their time with ML when an event comes, requiring to take 1 month leave, load themselves up with thousands of coffee cup all while juggling between 10-15 chars 24/7 without a single second of sleep, then at the end of the event blame staffs for making event a very exhaustive and competitive one.

so now staffs needs to manage these group of people

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1