1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion on balance changes to sweeping.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dimez, Jun 17, 2021.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    7:03 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    What would you consider an appropriate amount of AP resets for an event?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    11:03 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    ^ also at what rate :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    The real intention of the staff here is to continually nerf everything, until everyone realizes endgame is no longer worth the effort anymore and players switch to the only true and respectable meta, the Oddjob meta OnionHypno

• Funny x 6
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Informative x 1
  4. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Since covid, I can only recall 1 event that was extremely good for APR and it was the first time they implemented the party point system. People created 5 mules on their attacker's account and grinding 50 party points on 6 chars every day. This was obviously broken, and this event they fixed it by making the party points weekly.

I think last year's anni event, they had the APR for quite cheap as well, but it was purchased through the green coin currency (which may have been capped by the daily quest?). This year they consolidated the event currencies.

I think it's good that staff realize when events are too broken and fix them. Setting the last broken event as the new standard just leads to power creep and no one wants that.

Also, I think part of the reason you might have some rosier memories of past events, is that they actually went on for like 5-6 weeks because of server issues (covid boom + ddos attack)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    1:03 AM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    An appropriate amount of AP resets would be whatever rate that would cause most if not all of the farming maps to be busy 24/7 the entire event. If the maps are empty after point limits are reached then the rate is too low (but not to the staff)

If you want exact rate numbers you will have to wait until I'm done with AP resets so you can't use my numbers against me, like what happened with a fellow forum member who posted their ledgers

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    We're talking about what rate you would deem APPROPRIATE though? Sort of seems weird saying: "events don't provide ENOUGH AP resets", but when asked how much is enough you don't really say?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    9:03 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    give 5 ap resets per hr ty

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    Pasta
    I'm not talking about ALL events, just the main anniversary one. The anniversary event has typically been the most rewarding and exciting event of the year, so people base rough expectations off the following events off what the anniversary event has. This anniv event has a huge reduction in APR availability. I'm not asking for 300+ resets like people are memeing about, just more than 60.

If you want to see what rate (EDIT: I believe) is appropriate you can try finding me in game, if i'm farming for APR (after hitting 300 grind points) then (EDIT: IMO) the rate is good. If you see me doing something else then it's because the APR rate is too low.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    How many APR did you get last year's anniversary event o.o? Was it that much more than 60?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    But I'm talking about ALL events, aka future events, so that we can see what people want in future events?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    Pasta
    not falling for the numbers bait as i said before

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    10:03 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Based on this sentence, I assume that as long as in the entire event, you are farming APR due to APR not being limited, then its good?
    so say in next event, you get 10 points per hour, and one APR cost 240 points, thats good? coz u have to keep farming APRs constantly, but at the same time not being limited to any amount of APR purchase

what is there do bait about numbers anyways?
    if the cap is 1000 APR and i can get all that in 1hour, im a happy man.

unless yr seeing this like HP washing, where HP is never enough

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    IMO, a good event yields ~2-3 ap resets per hr of farming (with unlimited cap, so if u want 200+ ap resets, be prepared to grind 100+ hours). If adding a cap to the ap resets allows you to change this to 5+ ap resets per hr of farming, so be it.

I have mixed feelings on the cap system overall. As a sweaty player / new player trying to catch up i hate the cap system (because it limits my gains), but as a veteran who has burned out over farming past uncapped events its definitely a nice change of pace.

• Like Like x 8
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  14. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Okay, i think we pieced together the last anni event in #general. The green coin exchange was 250 for 5 APR. There were two ways of getting green coin, a daily quest (travel to ludi and back) and the RPS game. I remember there was a guaranteed WS exchange for 2k coin which was essentially the soft-capped, cus no one really got that many coins total. So that's around 40 APR.

The RPS was heavily luck based and had a log-curve for payouts (confirmed by HiyoHiyo). I think the average was like 5 coins per go, and even constant farming only netted you like 100 RPS tries max. That's only another 10 APR on average. I think the majority of APR probably came from golden gach by farming GS2/6. And NiseNise confirmed the golden gach rate is the same.

So unless you got super lucky at RPS, you weren't getting 300 APR. The event was busted for a lot of other reasons (140% exp, 65% scrolls, etc), but I think the APR rate is the same as this year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    10:03 PM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    It was 5k points

You could time the RPS and get 6-7 streak easily

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Oh yeah this was probably the biggest change. Forgot the fixed that after.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    And... you still are missing the point rip.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    Pasta
    You missed this

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Nise

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Exactly dudeeee T-T

I'm asking how many in a hypothetical scenario resets per hour would you like to see in a perfect event. I'm not asking how many you've farmed now or in the past... How can I nerf something thats purely theory?

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    Pasta
    What I said still applies to this "hypothetical scenario" in this "perfect event"

• Funny Funny x 3