1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Allow 1 Mage Ultimate to be placed in a skill macro

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by akashsky, Jun 25, 2021.

1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    6:52 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    A few balance patches ago we got a change where we are unable to macro the skills blizzard, genesis, meteor, roar, and DASH (i have no idea why dash was banned from macro).

The given reason for this change was "It was too easy to multiclient mages". I suggest to allow the above skills to be present in macros, but only once. This will keep the original intention of 1 key press = 1 ultimate, while restoring some quality of life features we had previously.

Quality of life applications restored:
    1) ability to set different keys to the same skill
    -One of the biggest use of in game macros is to have multiple keys perform the same action. Currently this isn't possible without third party tools (which can be against terms of service).

2) ability to bind in game command to ultimate skill
    -Sometimes when you are grinding, you may want to check your eph. Instead of typing @epm, you can place this as the text your character shouts when using the skill macro.

3) ability to "buffer" input(s)
    -Macros behave a bit differently compared to non macro skills. If you use a macro skill while your character is using another skill, your character will finish using the current skill and then start the macro skill. This is useful if you are rebuffing and then want to cast your skill ASAP or you just want to perform some actions ahead of time so you have a few more seconds to chat with your friends (without taking a hit to your grinding efficiency).

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    3:52 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Asking for mage buffs on the forums during these times where everyone is raging for nerfs..
    [​IMG]

ᴵ ˢᵘᵖᵖᵒʳᵗ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵗʰᵒ

3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I don't think this will get approved simply due to the implications it would have with macro-chaining multiple clients. What stops someone from using booster + booster + ultimate as a way to pre-fire before spawn?

I think the first two are valid points, but the last one just opens the door for multiclienting shenanigans.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    9:52 AM
    iPippy
    It's a conspiracy to cover up the biggest tech of all: Dash Cancelling

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    3:52 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Good point actually, didn't think of it in that way but considering that it'll probably never be added

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    4:52 PM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    I don't know how possible it is to script it, but yeah I support it, it's not exactly a buff but quality of life change.

7. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    booster booster ultimate lets you hold down 1 button and clear spawn wave (while conserving pots), but the results will always be sub par to actually timing your ults. This doesn't help multiclient since in multiclient you can't "hold down" a key for 1 client, you don't have enough time since you are trying to manage multiple. So in theory this lets you attempt "afk" gameplay at the cost of exp and pots.

As for the buffering inputs, its a quality of life buff across all players single and multiclient. I understand if this ends up being the reason this suggestion gets rejected, but it is sad that the other two quality of life applications need to be sacrificed because of this.

8. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    7:52 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    mage buffs? p-pog

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    It's true that timing will be superior, but allowing for a delayed ult through macros would only allow for easier, extended multiclienting shenanigans like 4 mage ulu + 2 cornians. I don't think the QoL improvements warrant the potential for abuse. Not to mention that #2 is kind of a nonfactor considering you have 3 macro slots you can use for any other non-ultimate skill.

10. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I now understand what you meant earlier. I agree with you that it extends the window for input, but it does come with the tradeoff not timing ultimates on spawn (hence leading to knockback and the need to reposition).

11. Bambo

Bambo Stone Golem

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    8:52 PM
    FPBambo
    F/P Wizard
    Spirit
    If you bind your skills to macro and name it, when you cast the macro the skills actually deal more dmg
    for example: STAR FALL when u cast meteor and it felt so much stronger #logic #buffmagepls

• Great Work Great Work x 11
  12. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    11:52 PM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    I've actually suggested this when the changes were first implemented. Kimmy said something along the lines of not being able to implement