1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

White scroll

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by umaga, Jun 27, 2021.

1. skim0686

skim0686 Mushmom

Mar 21, 2021
    11:14 AM
    depends on the price of whatever it is you're scrolling and the price of scrolls. If the price of a 6/7 item is less than a white scroll then it's more economical to 10% it, otherwise ws is the way to go to finish the last slot(s).

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    8:14 AM
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    The current meta is, you yolo around 4-5 30's onto lvl100 or dragon weps, until the value reaches 1-1.5b+, then WS10 the rest. I think WS30 for 1 or 2 slots is reasonable given the current prices of WS. However, you'd need a HUGE risk tolerance and a lot of reserve meso. Most people never make enough to reliably make multiple perfect weapons.

The math changes slightly for NT weapons, since the base item price is ~100m+, so landing 2-3 30's is enough to start WS10 or 30. The reason why WS supply is in huge flux though is because perfect timeless sometimes cost 1b alone (and we went through a 5 month period without any), and on top of that, you have level up RNG.

We can do the math for timeless, because failing the 30 is essentially the same as booming, because you can't sell:
    Cost to get +1 perfect timeless:
    WS10: 10WS + weapon = 10*180m + 1b = 2.8b
    WS30: 3.33 * (WS + weapon) = 3.9b

The breakevent point is actually around ~500m.

If you want to see true degeneracy, look no further than ditto (RIP). Finished her perfect NT gun in like 13 WS, with a ton of WS30s...

• Informative Informative x 4
  3. skim0686

skim0686 Mushmom

Mar 21, 2021

Weapon price should be included in the ws10 equation and 3.33 factor should be 3.00 in the ws30 equation. that .33 will add up when it's compounded, as it is when scrolling multiple slots

4. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    5:14 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    p.s any one uses chaos scrolls for weapons ? or is it next tear insanity ?

5. raysinz5

raysinz5 Mr. Anchor

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    I/L Mage
    Not necessarily saying that attackers should earn as much. I'm highlighting that higher WS prices screw over attacker mains much harder than mage mains. If WS price increases by 30 mill, a mage main would need to farm 1-1.5 hr, while an attacker class needs to farm 2-3 times the amount of time. If the WS price is going over 200m and you are an attacker main +unlucky, you're basically screwed.

6. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    2:14 AM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    The people at the top hoarding all the desirable items while scoffing at those below trying to participate are the real problem here. WS speculation & hoarding are THE most toxic things about the ML market. Time to hit em where it hurts and give ALL WS a mandatory 7 day expiry date. Use it or lose it, peeps.

Also, increase WS rate from gacha

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    there is also the question of " is it worth it to have a perfect weapon/gear"? does it add to the fun ? i play as a luk mage and i never got to a point that i thought to myself " if only i could do 3-5k more dmg then i would have fun". so is it just a bragging point or is there a real benefit to invest a year (maybe more) for that extra 1mil DPM?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    4:14 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    E-peens are real, but also progressing is a big part of the game and your gear plays a big role there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. skim0686

skim0686 Mushmom

Mar 21, 2021
    or maybe the majority of the server consists of high-level, high-earning players that are able to earn more than the rest of the population and thus have more spending power. sorta like trying to buy property in the Hamptons and saying 'hey it's too expensive for me so do something about the price so I can afford it'

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    Pasta
    You must have missed all the meso making nerfs & declining boss profits updates

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    If I could do an extra 3-5k damage I would be so much more viable for parties xD

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Before raising pitchforks at high white scroll prices wait to see if it sustains for more than a week or so. Last week chaos scroll jumped to over 170m in the market and has since gone back down the average range of 150-160m.

However, I do agree that ws price won't significantly change unless the supply is heavily increased OR the utility of white scroll as an investment / store of value is removed (i.e. ws would need to expire, or there would need to be a tax on trading white scroll).

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    Pasta
    Chaos scrolls are also way too high

14. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I think it only matters if you're trying to 5-man HT or do pb. A perfect weapon is probably worth more than 1m dpm compared to your standard 300-500m weapon. But the question is, do you really play enough that you can't just apple/stopper every run instead? I'd imagine most people don't boss enough for it to be worth it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    it's just the next thing to do in terms of progression. Once you can't level up anymore, the only way you can put more love into your character is by improving your gear. Sure, it's not gonna make the biggest difference, but it's (or it was) fun to get better gear as a reward for playing more.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    that is reasonable, but than et means the price is irrelevant since there is no rush or purpose other then "it is something to do for progress"

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    4:14 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I think is more like inflation since it seems mesos are worth less and less cos everyone has a printer and mine is turned off all the time cos I'm stupid and I like to boss (an activity that barely gives mesos at all).

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. skim0686

skim0686 Mushmom

Mar 21, 2021
    Did I miss them or are they not working?

these prices aren't just going up magically, people purchasing white scrolls are willing to accept the higher prices. There's a reason why only white scrolls and gfa30 have been retaining their high prices while other assets have went down to pre-nerf pricing.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    there's never just one reason for price changes lol if i were you, i wouldn't say that with such confidence

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. kiln

kiln Pink Teddy

Jan 2, 2021
    Pepperspray
    Corsair
    Elite
    If WS was to expire, you'd see bigger price fluctuations as people rush to sell their WS. You'd see nasty price fluctuations of WS that'd depend heavily on how many people happen to be finishing their weapons/gloves that week. It's the very people that use WS as a store of value that's kept its price relatively constant.

My best guess for the price increase is the re-release of PB (and people trying to scroll weapons from it).

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1