1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion on balance changes to sweeping.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dimez, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    5:23 AM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Nice censorship but LUL to anyone who expects an actual response from staff like they never did in the boss multiclienting thread

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    5:23 PM
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    WHEN THE TRUTH IS REPLACED BY SILENCE, THE SILENCE IS A LIE

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    6:23 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I feel like I've replied multiple times on this thread that we're looking into it though... AND specifically acknowledged the points that are repeatedly being brought up about QoL, clunkiness, visual clutter.

So not really sure where all the: "staff has failed to realize" "ignored by staff" are coming from?

Things can only change if we:
    1) Revert the change entirely, which would need changes from other aspects to achieve the original intended effect
    2) Edit the current system

Both of which aren't things that can be done at the snap of your fingers. So, once again, I say we understand the concerns and we're looking into ways to make things better in terms of QoL, but still achieving our original goals.

4. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    upload_2021-6-28_0-1-10.png
    The community is coming together on this, how much more evidence do we need?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    4:23 PM
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    Let's just restart the server, nullify HP washing, remove ultimates
    All that spare NX must tell me they're bishop mains, sad they cant make a bigger profit

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    upload_2021-6-28_0-15-5.png
    LOL who else just got smega banned? What is with this censorship? Someone power tripping like crazy. Not sure whats so wrong about what I smega'd or what other people smega'd.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    2:23 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I think people just tend not to believe in "we're looking into it" without tangible statements or thoughts about the system as a whole. I imagine there's been a lot of heated discussion among staff that the player base will never get to see. I guarantee that staff has put more emotional commitment into this than your average player would ever consider but all they see is an emotionless mask of PR talk. Drop the mask and you're now unprofessional and attacked for that. Open up and every word is treated as gospel, and ready to be picked to the bone for any sense of meaning, with the weight of commitment in every syllable. There's really no winning so in the end, all that's left is a ton of upset players left to wonder what's going on in the server and a load of upset staff frustrated at the players for being asses.

• Agree Agree x 21
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    i see a couple of quad mages there :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    The worst part is that this is just a majority vote as a big part of the players are fine with the way the meta is since they're already settled, i know there's overall consequences to the drop nerf, to non-mules
    but look how everyone is complaining about SWEEPER nerfs, basically are the ones who just abuse this mule-feature

Multiclienting was a mistake imo.

Hit me with your disagrees.

I have faith in the mods, to bring a fair balance that benefits the average player while keeping things under control

People be thinking that leeching with meso up, speed infusion(now gone) and sweeper mules are a MUST, game was never meant to be played that way

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    People need to realize that this is never going to be a democratic process. Take the changes as they come, but don't share about your innovations here on the forums or in discord - or with any of your friends and guild members too. :^)

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    "The solution to any problem in this game is always more clients."

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Realistically speaking the earliest we can expect any change is next patch, so your fear is actually our current reality.

There's tons of ways to adapt to the new changes, players just need to put in the effort to explore new metas.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    basically a if u take what i want away, and you dont return it to me right here and right now, we are going to rage and cry like a baby until I get it (shaolin freeze nerf, sweeper mule nerf) :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    Why does it have to be that way though? When the client kept dcing in February 2020 there were like 3 patches in the span of 2 months. And I imagine coding the revert is a lot easier than solving an unknown error issue.

I just think if this is going to get reverted, then most people would appreciate an immediate revert instead of waiting for some kind of alternative solution to be created. Especially because we'd want a revert to be done as quickly as possible, and a new solution to be done with a lot more time and consideration.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    6:23 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Do you mean optional patches? The ones that no one ever actually downloads and leads to a bunch of people spamming support "THIS CD DUNGEON ISN'T FIXED!" and we just have to constantly remind them to get the optional patch? :p

Unknown error issue isn't an actual issue, it's us telling you to update to the correct version. It's a version checker essentially

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Its probably the way it is due to the architecture of maplelegends (how its coded on the server / designed). Also while its clear that there is large portion of the player base that wants a revert, there's also some like me that want to explore the change and see what it does to maplelegends.

I personally don't mind if it ends up being reverted, but before that happens I want to see what its impacts (if any) are on the economy, and its going to take a bit of time before we can see the full extend of that.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    On a real note, the only thing I'd wonder is if it is possible to prevent seeing the mesos dropped by mobs if unable to pick them up. Might have already been discussed internal, and not sure if itd be able to be coded very quickly, but itd solve the littering issue.

• Like Like x 4
  18. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    They were optional, but IIRC it was because they were experimental and the devs weren't sure what the cause of the bug was. This was a long time before the new dungeons. The issue in Feb 2020 was causing a lot of people to dc in bosses with an unknown error popup.

I can understand that, in the end it's subjective. My opinion is that I don't like the change and I don't want the server to be someone's toy experiment, especially one where the subjects aren't free to express their discontent.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    I think you're mistaking being unable to express your discontent and when people just yell when things don't go their way

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Damn this thread is full of terrible takes. Y'all know I/Ls farm with Ice Strike and Chain Lightning too, right?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1