1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

White scroll

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by umaga, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Bfitchef

Bfitchef Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    2:49 PM
    CreatureNL
    Night Lord
    Nani
    they supposedly did this... and it has done nothing.:roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    12:49 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    White Scroll can't just be the most desired item AND the item you should always buy and never sell. Maybe the ExpireChads were right all along... :eek:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  3. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    7:49 PM
    Er.. i think you miss the word 'new' in my post.. basically for those that already holding ws, they would still have it not expired but for those new ws from gach or anywhere, it would be given an expiry date so that 1) it encourage usage 2) prevent it to be a form of currency

If nothing is changed on ws, everyone will just jump onto the ws-holding bandwagon because it is the easiest way to earn value in meso. The price will only go up with the bigger demand from the 'im just gona buy but not use it' players which will push the price up faster than it should. I don't even know why i'm not hoarding white scroll now whenever I have enough meso to buy one, this is like buying a stock that would only go up right now f3

I think same expiry thing can be done for chaos scroll to prevent it from being the next currency. The next in line item would probably be 4wa pgc, but its value and versatility is just not as consistent or useful as ws/cs. So, i'm not even sure if people will take that as the next currency. Other than that, anything else is just too cheap or just not versatile enough. (mw20 is just kinda kek if it ever being taken as currency, more ppl will just HT and drive prices wild? not to mention only new chars will buy mw20, lack of new player = gg mw20 price)

4. skim0686

skim0686 Mushmom

Mar 21, 2021
    white scrolls are already short in supply and y'all want to constrain it even more with expiry dates lol...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    4:49 AM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    The supply is only one part of it, the problem expiry dates aims to solve is people holding them and using them as tax or meso cap dodging & not their "intended" use of scrolling

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Loug

Loug Horny Mushroom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    3:49 PM
    Loug
    Paladin, Bishop, Marksman, Buccaneer, Corsair
    I have no idea if it's even possible to do it, but how about adding a npc where people deposit their ws/cs and those who need those scrolls always pay a fixed price for it(say 170m and 150m)? Ofc those scrolls would need to become untradable to avoid people from selling them at lower rates and maybe tax free to allow those who get them from gach/raffle to "transfer" from one account to another, the downside would be the fact that there are those who like to keep all of their money on a separate account, like a fm mule.

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. JDPJHC

JDPJHC Mixed Golem

Aug 6, 2017
    JDPJHC
    Hero
    Summer
    I think the issue with this is that it would be very hard to code.
    Probably not worth the dev's time, especially when there are other solutions out there that would be much easier to implement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. skim0686

skim0686 Mushmom

Mar 21, 2021
    What you're saying would be true if there were no new white scrolls entering the market. There are white scrolls constantly being produced through gach, event raffle, and cwkpq, so the problem isn't the supply, it's the demand. Hell, the supply has increased since the beginning of the anniversary event yet ws prices continue to increase. This server is 6 years old, the demand for white scrolls is highest it has ever been not simply due to the increase in user population but a shift in average demographic from mid-lvl players to high-lvl ones.

9. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    WS's that are being hoarded aren't being used or in circulation. If they all expired, the price wouldn't change at all.

The goal of an expiry is to make sure they're used for their intended purpose and keep their value at a reasonable level, and remove the ability to use them as reliable currency / an investment.

The problem is supply AND demand. As sku said, they can't simultaneously be the most desired endgame item AS WELL AS effectively a 180m coin. Either you buy it and hoard it (where the value artificially increases), or buy it and use it (where the value naturally increases), but in either case supply is dropping and value is going up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. xiaoyaoz

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    Not sure if you are clear with why it's short in supply.
    Basically, there are few demand groups:
    1) people that want to use ws to perfect weapon
    2) people that want to use ws as storage and avoid tax, i.e. as a form of currency (depends on high stable pricing)
    3) people that want to speculate on ws price, i.e. holding and sell later at a higher price (depends on increasing demand)

The expiry date idea is trying to remove group 2 and 3 from the equation and thus (hopefully) pushes down the price.
    Yes, group 1 will still increases in size due to players getting endgame and will still cause ws to go up in price, but without the existence of group 2 and 3, the price increase will be much slower.
    My speculation is that, group 3 will soon have a huge increase in numbers with all these discussion going around, which just continually pushes the price up faster when people see white scroll is just a guarantee meso maker $_$
    Hopefully that sounds clearer.. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Maybe have them expire so they're just non tradable anymore? That way they can't be used as currency as easily but you don't screw everyone and can still sell WS service. It will get rid of the tax dodging.

• Like Like x 3
  12. skim0686

skim0686 Mushmom

Mar 21, 2021
    If they all expired, the supply would be close to nonexistent and prices would skyrocket. And then decrease as they reach expiry date. This would make prices even crazier than what it is today lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. skim0686

skim0686 Mushmom

Mar 21, 2021
    If ws being used as currency is the problem, increase the meso cap or use tokens with set values assigned to them like someone said earlier :O

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bfitchef

Bfitchef Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    CreatureNL
    Night Lord
    Nani
    We just need WS to be dropped by HT or PB, another boss considering would be maybe toad with a really LOW-low chance or The Boss. Thats the only way prices can be regulated.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. skim0686

skim0686 Mushmom

Mar 21, 2021
    ok but expiry dates will literally wipe out every existing ws and the supply would be close to nonexistent to what it currently, and prices would go through the roof. you're wiping off the supply while the demand remains constant, how is that going to decrease or stabilize the price? it's going to do the exact opposite

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. xiaoyaoz

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    Like how you said earlier, white scrolls are produced everyday by gach, the supply will always be there, it's just that people wouldn't buy white scroll to store or speculate. Only people that is going to perfect a weapon soon will buy it.

So, again, if anyone actually read my post, I said only new white scrolls, not the existing ones. The existing ones will have no expiry date but there will be no point for people that want to perfect a weapon to buy that kind of white scroll if it is more expensive than the new white scroll.

• Like Like x 2
  17. skim0686

skim0686 Mushmom

Mar 21, 2021
    then that's going to make the non-expiring white scrolls even more expensive and an even bigger incentive to use and hoard as currency. white scroll hoarders would be droooooooling all over this lol

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    Well sure, but who cares about some fixed number of non-expiry white scrolls when you can just buy expiring ones and use them as intended?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. skim0686

skim0686 Mushmom

Mar 21, 2021
    Because the daily supply of ws being produced wouldn't meet the demand

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    But... the whole point of the idea of making them expire is that supply does equal demand if you cut out the hording. So how does the daily supply not meet the demand if the assumption was that it would meet demand if people would just stop hording, which this would effectively do?

My point is that you're kinda just going in circles now.

• Agree Agree x 1