1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Mesos Sink Ideas & Mesos Cap Fixes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Pepper, Jun 28, 2021.

Do you like any of these ideas?

1. Mesos Sink 1 - Stat Re-Roll

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. Mesos Sink 2 - Tiered Gacha

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. Non-Tradable 1Bil coin

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  4. Tradable 1Bil coin

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  5. Tradable 100m coin

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  6. Other - Explain Below

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  7. None

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    3:03 PM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Introduction
    So throughout the day today I had a variety of different ideas that could potentially benefit the server. I thought I would jot them down here and see if any might sound good to staff, or if it might help come up with some even better ideas.

Voluntary Mesos Sinks
    What I mean by "voluntary" mesos sinks is that the player is deciding to spend their mesos for some benefit or exchange. This usually would be received by the player base better than drastic changes to take mesos away without anything in return. I could be 100% wrong here but from my point of view majority of the wealth in-game is in the end-game players. These suggestions would be specifically targeting end-game and rich players.

Type 1 - Stat Re-roll
    The idea behind this suggestion is that for a cost (generally set by the level of the item) you can turn in an item for a new item with possibly better stats. This was inspired by the Maple turn in quest where you can turn in a low level maple weapon for a higher one. This would essentially be a similar concept. This would also have a small chance to boom the item.

Example:
    You supply a dragon shiner bow with 96 attack. By supplying 5 million mesos, I could turn in this bow and receive a new bow. The new bow will re-roll the stats. The amount of mesos cost would need to be varied based on level. Highest cost would be for timeless/reverse. The boom rate could be between 5% and 10%.

This would result in a mesos sink directly from the player base at will and will also create a small item sink. This would be worthwhile for users who could turn the item into a better selling item, an item worth scrolling, or replace long grinding hours for drops to craft. This obviously would need to be adjusted for quantities and costs. The con here is that staff do not want the player base to push for perfect gear as the norm and this is kind of pushing for that. The hope is that the mesos sink offsets the negative of that as well as the booming of the item in certain cases.

Type 2 - Tiered Gacha System
    This idea is from an MMO I played in my youth as well as similar to the Digging Bros in Pokemon: Sword & Shield. You supply a base mesos to start a gamble with the NPC. The first tier would have a small chance to fail. If you succeed, you would receive a relatively low valued item or scroll from a set list of options. The NPC would then ask you if you want to risk that prize to continue and try for Tier 2. Tier 2 would have better items but a slightly increased fail rate. This would continue up the tiers for better items.

I like this idea because it would be a good way to reimpliment some items in the game that are not currently available, like old chairs that are now going insanely over-priced for collectors, and you can also add white scrolls and chaos scrolls to the tiers. This could be changed to a different "jackpot" item(s) each patch as well to keep it alive and interesting for players.

1 Billion Mesos Coin
    I know this has been suggested a few times, but if we really want to get away from the White Scroll Currency meta, we need another way to be able to trade large sums of money/hold large sums of money.

Type 1 - Non-Tradable
    My suggestion for the 1 billion coin is that it is directly purchasable for exactly 1,000,000,000 mesos, and directly converts back into exactly 1,000,000,000 mesos. The coin itself is non-tradable. Now before you get up in arms about it, this is my reasoning: Taxes. A major issue with White Scrolls, besides hoarding white scrolls, is tax dodging. The coin being non-tradable allows you to carry more than the maximum amount of mesos on your character, but also does not allow for you to skip taxes. My biggest concern was that say you have 2 bill coin and 300m on your person, you want to do a trade for 1.5 bil. You will have to break one of the coins into a smaller amount to complete the transaction, or have them pay the difference. This can result in you being taxed multiple times each time you go to and from 1 bil coin. By making it non-tradable, you would just need to meet with your trader at the NPC and give 1bil mesos at a time to be converted/unconverted. The biggest con with this is potential scamming. But to be honest if you are buying things at this level of mesos anyways, you aren't likely to get scammed by another end-game user. They would get banned. Always take screenshots of your transactions.

Type 2 - Tradable
    This would be the tradable version of the coin. Tax would be taken when the coin is created.

Type 3 - 100 Mesos Coin
    100 Million coins that can stack. This allows for easier trading and is less likey going to be needed to be broken down into smaller amounts. These can be traded in stacks. Tax applied when the coin is created.

• Creative Creative x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  2. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    12:03 PM
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Stat re-roll is an interesting concept, but it requires the staff to carefully price the cost for each item, and that alone is hard. Whatever price they decide to use, it essentially sets the future price of that item. And it'll be hard to set tiers of costs too (dragon claw vs dragon mace should be priced differently).

Also it could crash the service market for zhelm/scarga/HTP and MoN.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    8:03 PM
    The tiered gacha system reminds me of the rock-paper-scissors game from 2020 anniversary event which you x2 your points every time you win but lose everything once you lost. Then, you get to redeem those points for certain stuff. Just want to point out it has already been sort of done before so re-adapting it shouldn't be too hard?, is just the balancing part is the harder issue I think. Definitely a fun idea to have and people will have more options to satisfy their gambling addiction ;)

4. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    This is like putting money into a 0% savings account. At this point you might as well make the suggestion increase cap on storage.

5. OP
    OP
    Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    The point is that there is a limit how many mesos you can hold on 1 character at a time that cannot be increased.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    Yes and that's why you have a storage.

7. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    9:03 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    There is also a limit on the storage and that limit cannot be increased.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    12:03 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Random idea: Have mesos be convertible into donor NX. 25mil for 1k NX, so you can have sparkle eyes forever. Also opens up guild leader changes/name changes without donating, just as big meso sinks.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  9. kiln

kiln Pink Teddy

Jan 2, 2021
    Pepperspray
    Corsair
    Elite
    You could have owls and VIP tele rocks purchasable for mesos instead of vote NX.

For PepperPepper, you might want to add a "None of the above" option just for consistency's sake.

• Useful Useful x 4
  10. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    5:03 AM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    You want a meso sink? Make AP resets buyable with meso

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    re stat reroll:

Very opposed to this as proposed, seeing as it would completely undermine crafting

re tiered gacha system:

This is a really cool idea. There's clearly a desire for (more) gambling- would be cool to make it a feature in some way. This also has the perk of saving GMs time by hopefully having them address roll scamming less often.

re 1 billion meso coin:

- Having it be non tradable does little to address White Scrolls being used as currency
    - Having it be taxed also does little to address White Scrolls being used as currency
    - 100m is probably a more useful denomination
    - Imo this would need to happen in conjunction with expiry dates on WS/CS to be useful, but that's probably a topic for another day
    - The seller should be taxed, not the buyer. e.g. bought for 100m, sold for 97.5m (to be consistent with meso trading)

Not sure how I feel about resets being straight up buyable with meso (we need an incentive to vote and love it or hate it but washing keeps people around) but tbh would love to see nx consumables (smegas, owls, charms, maybe even tp rocks) buyable with (large amounts of) meso

12. OP
    OP
    Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    The coins are with the assumption WS are addressed but there's separate topics about this so I didn't bring it up here.

The reason you should have to pay the tax when buying the coin is because if it's tradable you can essentially trade it infinitely without tax occurring.

13. NecksonBad

NecksonBad Slime

Nov 12, 2020
    San Andreas
    CarnivalPQ
    What if you trade your bow to the NPC for a stat re-roll but he gives you a Rick-roll

Call that a 5-10% rick-rate (boom rate)

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  14. wolf666

wolf666 Timer

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    Wolf
    Shadower
    How about paying mesos to convert equips into NX cosmetics that expire. However, I'm not sure how the pricing would be or if it's even a significant meso sink.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1