1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion on balance changes to sweeping.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dimez, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    6:04 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Most of the people writing on here oppose the recent changes to sweepers, those who are in favor or exploring the patch before judging won't type as much on here or be as vocal as those who oppose the change. I personally like this change, and have spoke about it a bit on discord with some friends and didn't see the need to write a post on here, but I did express my feelings on this patch to some players and staff members. Pretty sure the number of people writing on this thread don't add up to 30, which isn't much for a server with 1k+ concurrent players.

However, while I do support the recent changes, I do see the point of party play being sacrificed and I do hope that somehow that is improved upon while still keeping the original intent of this change.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    5:04 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    /Thread over.
    Intention of change: good
    Execution of change: could use some work

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    8:04 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    You don't say? There's 18 pages worth of comments, with 40+ and 400+ views. You're never going to get a solid grasp of what the entire community wants because not everyone vocalizes their opinions. However, abstaining from the discussion doesn't imply agreement or approval of the recent changes.

You are a vocal minority here in this thread by agreeing with the changes - just as those who are speaking out in protest might also a vocal minority within the community.

4. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Friendly reminder that the sweeper changes also inadvertently nerf shad utility in bosses such as HT and zak. #makeppgreatagain

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. aussietinask

aussietinask Horny Mushroom Retired Staff

Feb 26, 2020
    Male
    11:04 PM
    We do find the QoL issues to do with the change are an issue, and are considering solutions, including all the ones suggested in this thread.

We are working on it as fast as we can and we will let you know when there’s a decision!

• Friendly Friendly x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    1:04 AM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Suggestion: Balance Team requirement: You need to be fairly sweaty

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    How come Maplelegends still doesn't have some sort of patcher for updates, this would make updates way easier for gm's and players wouldn't have to be forced to redownload the game every 3 months or so. Wouldn't it be smart to be able to update the game every week or two with patch notes Like in WoW or LoL?

8. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    12:04 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I'm not sure of the entire back end stuff of things, but the part I personally can comment on is that it's sort of hard to for the MAC players.

Perhaps a year ago, we used to have patchers in between updates for PC users. That had to be stopped for a while because we were changing a lot of things and full client delivery was more efficient than the windows patcher we used. (this is the tldr non-tech understanding of what happened from me)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Mainly a problem with MAC users, also compatibility in general. We had multiple times we were working on a patcher, but they were never completed or had flaws in them. Most servers with a patcher are not MAC compatible. On top of that, spending time on a patcher, for a bit of QOL, is spending time on what could be spent on deving instead. A company like WoW and LoL also got full game source access, making building such things much and much easier.

Right now we were working again on a patcher as well (which we didn't announce because we do not want to promise something that doesn't come), but that isn't completed (yet) either.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    11:04 PM
    Z00M
    Beginner
  11. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    1:04 AM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    So many workarounds to that proposal. Wouldn't solve anything

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Dimez

Dimez Stone Golem

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    11:04 AM
    Crimez/Dimez/Jake
    Paladin
    Pasta
    Screenshot 2021-11-01 170124.png

As we approach the 5 month anniversary of this post forum post.. =]

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    :rolleyes:
    Any meso drop nerf can be compensated by adding another mage client

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Do people even multimage farm anymore? I feel like the server has been pretty quiet the last however many months with fewer and fewer people playing. Prices creeping up to all time highs even with the 'massive meso production nerf' is pretty meme.

15. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Absolutely.

As for the rest of your post, the decreasing population is indeed at least equally significant of a factor in inflation as the supposed meso printing getting out of hand.

16. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Not really sure. One day i walked through RoR2 and saw a quad mage setup there which was pretty neat. I think theres two main causes to the price increase now:
    (1) Top-heavy population looking to ws their gear (higher demand)
    (2) Less server population means less gach pulls (less supply)

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Weird thought maybe but how feasible would it be to adjust gacha rates of legendary items depending on active avg monthly players?

18. OP
    OP
    Dimez

Dimez Stone Golem

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    Crimez/Dimez/Jake
    Paladin
    Pasta
    There is like 5 people who actively multi mage farm. There is probably 10-15 people who have the setup but don't actively do it. Why they don't consistently do it?... who knows :)
    It's also important to note that at the time of this "nerf" to farming or multi-mage farming, it was just 1 individual who was able to influence the decision of the nerf by posting their earnings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Same with shaolin freeze nerfs about a year ago...which one could argue actually led to the popularization of multimage. So uh return freezable monks when?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I think #1 is valid and has been the reason for ws/cs price increases over the past few years. #2 seems a little less direct/obvious to me based on personal observations of server activity.

I completely stopped playing my mages and thus haven't gached in many months outside of the ones I gain from card hunting. Whenever I visit the meta leech spots, they're always empty. I've instead completely shifted towards bossing, and I feel like most of the end-game players I know in the server have shifted/retired in the same fashion.

If pog coins are implemented, I don't think it would necessarily mean an increase in ws/cs production but would rather just shift the way in which these items get produced, which means we might still face a supply issue.

• Like Like x 1