1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bring back funny reaction

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Vowels, Jun 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    4:55 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    As someone who can be rather vocal, seeing these things worry me to the point where I'm not sure if being critical is appreciated in any way anymore and people would rather have sheep following their opinion and agreeing with everything.

porlporl got mocked for having a different opinion on the forums even people on Discord started chatting about them and it results in Porl's reaction ability being completely removed. I can't seem to grasp the justice in this.

I know I've also shown toxic behavior and I agree that this is not something that should be promoted. I apologize for such behavior and will take the forums more seriously.

I hope that I can freely speak my mind on matters though without getting censored for being a critical thinker and hope that everyone on the forums is being held under the same rule set. I'm not here to be taunting staff or anything but matters that someone disagrees on people tend to be more outspoken about.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    10:55 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Staff actions against individuals have never been public (except the in-game announcements for more serious bans like hacking, RWT, etc.), so this wouldn't be a new issue. There has been some arguments in the past to make all bans or the appeals public, but Kimmy has already expressed against it because it leads to toxicity as proven by a neighboring server.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    11:55 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Being critical is ALWAYS appreciated, like honestly, differing opinions and perspectives are key to A) understanding each other, B) developing a better solution (to anything). Academic papers with complex theories and what not, always entails another academic paper bringing up assumptions that need to be tested & point out other things that might be wrong. That leads to the original author going back, testing their theories, factoring in new considerations, and improving what they had before.

Same thing applies to relationships I feel. Arguing by itself is perfectly fine, cus at the end of the day you get to understand each other better.

The problem, however, arises only when it can't be done civily.

Shitposting excessively, not caring about how the recipient feels, personal attacks or saying rude/hurtful stuff, etc are all things that are just not okay. This applies to other users but also staff members. I think this meme is pretty relevant actually:
    [​IMG]

Except, replace "Gamora" with Staff.

ANYWAY, if you disagree with me or any other staff members, don't worry about it, just let us know how you feel and why you feel that way. We always try to keep an open mind (even though it might seem like our immediate actions or responses don't seem like it), but we hope the community keeps an open mind and behaves civily towards each other and us.

Note: our open mindedness doesn't apply if you're breaking our ToS, in case someone tries using what I said above to lessen their ban :f3:

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    How are you Nise?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    11:55 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Abused T-T

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    7:55 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Learn how to use your words well to express your intentions and you won't need reacts.
    React farming was a stain in this community that devolved the forums into some contrived popularity contest for idiots.

• Like Like x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    5:55 PM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    n3p.jpg

On a serious note - take the opportunity to reflect. I am dumbfounded by the amount of people so religiously sure this is just staff ploy to have the players have less fun, or mute their opinion sharing. It isn't sad that funny react is gone, it's sad that it had to be pulled out because the community has been knowingly using it in a malicious way to ridicule / harass / take discussion out of context.

Funny reacting is funny and I'll miss it. But with how things have gotten here it's needed imo.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I feel like you are completely missing the point with my comment or didn't bother reading it.

My comment was more about porl and somewhat a reaction to NOCAPNOCAP
    It's not about the removal of funnies, which is something I can fully understand given the direction the forums was heading, and yes I was also contributing to it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    5:55 PM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    Nightz777Nightz777 No yeah you're uh. Correct actually on this I missread it entirely and also love eating glue. Sorry about that ^^;

• Friendly Friendly x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  10. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    upload_2021-6-29_15-29-13.png

[​IMG]

F

• Great Work Great Work x 9
  11. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
  12. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Since you did not get an answer on this thread, I recommend making a thread on Ban Appeal (ban appeal threads are not limited to in-game bans). Perhaps best to do it after some time.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    12:55 AM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I appreciate the response but I've recently come to the conclusion that it's almost certainly best for me to just leave the forums, as I don't want to disappoint or irritate anyone further.

My apologies to anyone and everyone who has had any sort of negative experience with any interaction with me.

I would appreciate people on the forums here and on discord to please stop mentioning me so we can just all move on. Thank you.

• Friendly Friendly x 11
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  14. rambo

rambo Pink Teddy

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    10:55 PM
    21blvck
    Lord Toxic Funny has spoken! (Fr though, don’t get yourself banned like shivering my g)

15. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    11:55 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Ye like.. the forum isn't the same anymore lol.
    I really loved to Express my laugh with a good "funny" reaction, i guess I should quote the person and post LMAO or something in order to Express that I've found it funny now '-'

#MakeFunnyGreatAgain

• Friendly x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.