1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Akash's Meso Journal (Inspired by Shivering)

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by akashsky, Jul 1, 2021.

1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    4:27 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Preamble:
    I am making this journal to share how I am adapting to the new looting changes(sweeper nerfs / meso only lootable by killer).
    I hope that it inspires players to explore different solutions to our new looting challenges and encourages more players to approach our new loot mechanics with an open mind.

Goals:
    I want to farm 2b mesos.

Video / Guide for 2x cornian + memorylane 1 strat:
    Video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKllFCIqshs

Requirements:
    -6 1hit full map attackers (typically mages, can do with less than 6, but may need to use different map combinations)
    -2 pets per character (that work with kentas advice) with meso magnet, item pouch, wing boots, binoculars
    -Follow the lead questline done on all characters (allows you to have 2 pets out at the same time)
    -Kentas advice quest done on all pets on all characters (this makes your pets move at your speed)
    -At least 140% speed on each character (can be less if you have mounts)
    -PC / Monitor that can handle up to 6 clients at the same time (or however many you are farming with)

Optional optimizations:
    -Get pig / silver mane mount on all chars for extra pet speed
    -meso up mule(s) (up to 1 per character on a laptop, can repeatedly press alt tab / alt escape w/ meso up on alt key to rapidly cast across clients)
    -mp wash up to 30k mp on each char to use less potions
    -Use bishops over archmage for 3500 mp cast per genesis vs 7000 per bliz/meteor
    -If using archmage, try to not max elemental amph so that you use less than 7k mp per cast

Choosing your map + channels:
    In maplelegends every single map has monsters respawn in intervals of 10 seconds. Each map typically spawns monsters at a different timing.
    Example ch1 cornians might respawn at 1:05, 1:15, 1:25, etc
    Ch2 cornians might respawn at 1:06, 1:16, 1:26 etc

You want to pick maps that are close together in spawn timing so that you can quickly cast your ultimates on all clients, and then start looting.

In order to pick the right channels, you will need to do some research to figure out the spawn timings on all the channels on the maps you want to farm.
    You can do this by killing monsters and looking at your computer timer and checking the seconds value monsters respawn on.
    Once you have the list of all timers, you can select the optimal channels of the maps you want to farm.

Timers change every server restart.

Cornians:
    You want to position the mage around the middle of the platform, somewhat close to the rope.
    You want to make sure that you ult on spawn so that you avoid getting hit by cornians.
    When looting cornians, you first ult, then immediately jump on the rope and start sweeping the top platform. The monsters will respawn.
    Then, you go through and cycle through all other clients to full map attack, then go back to your sweeping mage, jump down, then perform a jump down ultimate.
    This will clear all the monsters while placing you on the bottom platform to start looting. If this is too hard you can just ult on the middle and then jump down.
    However it will be a bit slower. While looting monsters should spawn again, cycle through all other clients to use ultimate.
    Then on this client go to the original position and recast your ultimate. Repeat for all other cornian clients.

Memory Lane 1:
    Because there are pseudo safe spots you don't need to worry about this map as much.
    Just click the ultimate on all 4 clients. When you loot, just climb the rope and sweep the platform above you.
    Then the monsters spawn, cycle through other clients and cast ults. Then, drop down and go back to your original position and cast ult.
    Cast ult on everything again on next spawn, after this loot the last bit you might have missed and continue the cycle across all 4 clients.

Other options:
    If you don't have 4 mages for memory lane 1 here are some other options:
    Vikerola (Requires 2 mage)
    Ulu2 (Requires 2 mage)
    Harps (requires 1 mage)
    There are also a ton of other off-meta maps that could work, you just need to explore / test around

Anyways onto the journal:
    Entry #1:
    upload_2021-6-30_19-55-38.png

Only 1 hour farmed today and I made about 48.7m This was due to insane scroll and equip RNG. The meso bucket shown above includes raw meso + all NPC items. Today I got way more scrolls than expected along with equips to NPC. Normally I would earn much less than this.

By the way, if you see me farming cornians and need help with the dagger for HT prequest, you are more than welcome to loot any daggers for free.

**50m+ per hour strategy**
    The strategy is Pentamage farming while doing horntail. Depending on your HT squad, this strategy could earn you 50m+ / hr.
    Video link: https://youtu.be/DAcqdq5Dhgw

Requirements
    1) A low effort class that you can play in horntail (good choices are paladin, hero or nightlord). I do this with corsair and that makes it significantly harder to execute this strategy - not reccommended! If you have a highly hp washed bishop, that would also be a good candidate. Bowmaster would be the worst class to use because afk hurricane was nerfed.
    2) Up to 5 mages that can 1 hit temple of time monsters.
    3) Up to 2 sweeper mules (1 per map) to loot the drops of your mages with kentas advice quest completed and 2 pets fully equipped with meso/item loot gear sets. The sweepers should also have max ETC slots.
    4) 2 Computers (ideally 1 PC + 1 laptop)

Setup:
    On your first PC you want to load up your class that you will play in horntail, along with all the mages. If you are playing a non mage class in horntail, you want to make an in game macro and put 3 of your attack skills. For example if you are a nightlord, you want a 3x triple throw macro. Put this on your main attacking key (for me its spacebar). Make sure that this is also the same key that you use to cast ultimates on your mages. In my case, I load up my corsair and 5 of my mages.
    Arrange your clients such that it is easy to click through everything in a cycle, as you will need to be doing this every 10 seconds. Distribute your mages among the maps that you want to farm at the optimal safe spots. In my case, i put 4 mages at memory lane 1, and 1 mage at memory lane 5.
    On your laptop, you need to load up your sweeper characters. It is reccomended that you use a high level thief with shadow shifter for this, but technically any class could work. You will controlling your attacker in horntail with the main PC and sweeping with the laptop whenever you have a spare second to move it. In my case, i put my nightlord at memory lane 1, and afk my shadower above my mage at memory lane 5.
    **pro tip, place your jump key on shift, and flashjump on an adjacent key, like END. This lets you have full movement options with only 1 hand so you can attack on your horntail character while sweeping at the same time**

Optional Optimizations:
    1) Get pig / silver mane mount on the sweepers for extra pet speed
    2) mp wash up to 30k mp on each mage to use less potions
    3) Use bishops over archmage for 3500 mp cast per genesis vs 7000 per bliz/meteor
    4) If using archmage, try to not max elemental amph so that you use less than 7k mp per cast

Choosing your map + channels:
    In maplelegends every single map has monsters respawn in intervals of 10 seconds. Each map typically spawns monsters at a different timing.
    Example ch1 cornians might respawn at 1:05, 1:15, 1:25, etc
    Ch2 cornians might respawn at 1:06, 1:16, 1:26 etc

You want to pick maps that are close together in spawn timing so that you can quickly cast your ultimates on all clients, and then start looting.

In order to pick the right channels, you will need to do some research to figure out the spawn timings on all the channels on the maps you want to farm.
    You can do this by killing monsters and looking at your computer timer and checking the seconds value monsters respawn on.
    Once you have the list of all timers, you can select the optimal channels of the maps you want to farm.

Timers change every server restart.

Ideal map choices:
    1) Memory Lane 1 + Memory Lane 5
    With this map choice, you can have 4 mages at ML1, and 1 mage at ML5. If you have your second sweeper afk above your mage at the statue in ML5, you can essentially loot most of the drops without having to move any of your characters, which would allow you to focus your attention on sweeping memory lane 1.
    2) Memory lane 1 + Memory Lane 4
    With this map choice, you will need to switch off with your sweepers. After sweeping the first map, you will need to alt tab to your other sweeper and start using that, and repeat. It will be difficult.
    3) Memory Lane 4 + Memory Lane 4
    Same as above, but this map combination will yield the most mesos (although it will be harder to 1hit).

• Great Work x 22
    • Friendly x 9
    • Like x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Creative x 1
  2. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    1:27 PM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    Corsair mains built different. GL on the grind!!

3. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    POG CORSAIR NERFS FINALLY COMING

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    12:27 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    And they thought "he who shall not be named" was sweaty

Looking forward how this meso journal will be perceived

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    MORE SWEAT MORE MESO, I LOVE IT.

6. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
    jrsmith.jpg

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  7. kiln

kiln Pink Teddy

Jan 2, 2021
    7:27 AM
    Pepperspray
    Corsair
    Elite
    I learned quite a few things from this - appreciate you sharing.

8. Jaynus

Jaynus Timer

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    10:27 PM
    Dralith
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
  9. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    about time we get a new meso journal.
    akash to 2.1b maxed on every char when

10. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Just farm drakes in all 8 channels for that sweet low effort high reward helmet int scroll.

• Useful Useful x 2
  11. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    5:27 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Bumping to ensure ult nerfs. :yay:

• Like Like x 3
  12. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    This is very interesting data, thank you for sharing

13. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Entry #2
    upload_2021-7-2_20-51-0.png

Farmed for an additional 2 hrs, and again got very good rng on scrolls. The current estimate for this strat is at 46m per hr.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    AKA the way I always played kekw.

15. kiln

kiln Pink Teddy

Jan 2, 2021
    Pepperspray
    Corsair
    Elite
    Do you know why these values are doubled?
    upload_2021-7-3_1-41-18.png

16. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    The meso column is the total sum of meso drops from monsters combined with the mesos i've gained by npcing any drops. I npc almost all equips, every single potion drop (except PE), and all etc / stimulators.

The reason that its listed twice is that the first number is the quantity of that column that I have (69.99m mesos).

The second number is the total value of the total quantity of the items I have. In this case, 69.99m mesos is worth 69.99m mesos.

I've done it that way to keep everything consistent with the other items I'm recording, like PoT, gacha, helmet dex 60%.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Entry # 3
    upload_2021-7-4_10-27-24.png

Did another 3 hrs this morning, may do another session later in the day.

Got average luck on scrolls this time around, so the average meso per hr is down to 44.7m per hr. However, this time around I got insanely good RNG on concertos (found 6 in 3hrs, one of which being max attack). I have not npced any of them and am wondering if I should sell them or not and include them in the raw meso column, or if i should just transfer them to another character and ignore them for the purpose of this journal.

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I'd argue that the concertos should be added to the value in your sheets even if you transfer them to a different account you could take their expected value you'd normally sell at

19. ngrman

ngrman Stone Golem

Jun 4, 2017
    Female
    Brasília
    Can you record an hour with your inventory open at the start and at the end?

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Keeping inventories open on 6 clients simultaneously would probably make the mouse movement a lot more clunky since most of the clients overlap/don't have the full window visible, you'd have to click to avoid the inventory window.