1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Post-BigBang Bosses that could be added to Maple Legends

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KurayamiLove, Jul 5, 2021.

1. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    7:45 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    ~Introduction~
    Hello there fellows before I start addressing the bosses let me remark a couple of things: one, is that this is just a discussion post rather than a suggestion one but if any of them gets attention and gets added then its welcome, I'm just looking to inform people about these bosses and spark a conversation for fun. Two, any data of the bosses may need adjustments since is nowadays modern maple stats and people there do far more damage in a single hit than anyone can on this version. Three, the bosses I will talk about are early Post-BB bosses so they have mechanics that fit the old design of maple so yeah no need to have the insane mobility that jobs have now to beat them, they are more about figuring out the mechanics than coordinate a team to do well. With all that out of the way let's begin.

~VON LEON~
    Mob_Von_Leon.png

~HP~
    Easy: 700M
    Normal: 6.3B
    Hard: 10.5B

~Levels~
    Easy: 120
    Normal: 129
    Hard: 150

~Attacks~

Aggro

Von Leon will automatically aggro the player that has done the most damage to it in the last 15 seconds. So the aggro refreshes every 15 seconds and a message will show during the battle saying "player is the most threatening target for Von Leon"

Roar
    Von Leon closes his fists then he roars damaging nearby Maplers and stuns them. If you are a ranged attacker at max range you can easily avoid this attack since it won't reach you, melee jobs may have a hard time getting away from it unless you are a Buccaneer and are using Demolition or just proc an I.Frame on time.

Claw Swipe
    Von Leon swipes his claw near the ground dealing damage to nearby Maplers and pushing them far away. Like roar, it only reaches close enemies and range attackers will be always far enough to not get hit. The animation has more or less the same speed of roar so it presents the same problems to warriors.

Thunder Punch
    Von Leon swipes his fist creating lightning near him and damaging players with elemental damage.

Ground Pound
    Von Leon punches the ground doing damage to grounded players. The animation is slow enough to be able to react and jump in time, if you are a Bucc you can just reactively use I.Frames.

Laser Eyes
    Von Leon gathers power on his eyes and blasts with his eyes Maplers at a distance, in easy mode, this attack does a lot of damage but in normal and hard mode is an instant 1 shot. The animation is very slow and it works more or less like Vergamot's laser, even tho you see the laser the hit doesn't come out until the whole animation is over, this is to give time to Maplers to run away before they die.

Teleport
    Von Leon vanishes and teleports near on top of the aggroed Mapler, the touch damage hitbox is gone for some time to give time to the player to get away from the boss. He always tries to teleport if the aggro is too far away to reach with its attacks.

Sumon
    When Von Leon is around 50% HP he will summon minions that will auto aggro to a player, when this happens Maplers must try to kill as many summons as possible because after some time Von Leon will suck their soul to heal, the more summons that are alive the moment this happens the more the boss will heal himself.

Damage Reflect
    Von Leon's eyes will glow with blue fire before it cast damage reflect on himself for 10 seconds, any player that deals damage to Von Leon during reflect will die in a single blow.

Jail Teleport
    Von Leon can teleport a player to a different map where to get out they will have to break chests until a key drops then use the portal on the left to return to the boss battle.

Potential Clench
    Von Leon cast a debuff among players making their potential have no effect reducing greatly their damage. This can't be done in ML but changing this to another debuff like a blind, seal or even a dispell may do the trick.

~Rewards~
    Easy mode: Bulck equips in ML case that would be lv100/110 stuff
    Normal mode: on top of bulck equips coins to exange for Von Leon equips (lv130)
    Hard mode: Bulck equips, coins and Von Leon equips
    (I don't think adding the new power crep equips will be fun for Timeless weapons owners)

~Comments~
    Von Leon has a 30-second cooldown in any pot that the player uses so attacks that are not threatening like the thunder punch can be a threat in harder difficulties, the cooldown includes attack potions so yeah using one of these can cause you trouble. This boss unlike Pink Bean has no resistance to physical damage or any element but it could be added if the staff thinks that it would be too easy without it.

I love Von Leon since it has no stalling mechanics like previous bosses besides a 10 second reflect that doesn't use that often anyway. This boss could bring some variety to the roster of runners, good mobbing is needed to kill summons to prevent him to get healed too much (the summons are like in the castle, high HP mobs like Jiaozeng's summons), smoke could help melee attackers deal with roars and make them have an easier time with the 1 shot laser.

Overall a good boss that could work on an old version.

~Hilla~
    Mob_Hilla.png Mob_Hilla_%28Gray_Maiden%29.png
    ~HP~
    Normal: 500M(kms)/315M(gms)
    Hard: 16.8B

~Level~
    Normal: 110(kms)/120(gms)
    Hard: 190

~Attacks~

Thunder Pillars
    Hilla creates pillars in the ground where later on lightning strikes damaging players on top of them (like Zakum stun pillars). Any player damaged by this attack will get Hilla's curse, use an all cure potion or get a bishop to dispel you or you will take extra damage from attacks.

Elemental Attacks
    Hilla can cast a black could on her head to throw lighting to players or use a flamethrower attack to deal fire damage to nearby players doing damage to them. Very vanilla attacks that do some elemental damage.

Summon Skeletons
    A very standard summon, get some skeleton mobs around her that die easily like any other summon on any boss. As long as sumons are around Hilla may heal them and herlsef like other bosses do.

Summon Deadly Pillar
    Summons a big pillar with a Skeleton, its HP is decently high but will fall down fast if people focus it. This pillar will drag players in the vicinity and keep them near the pillar until its broken. I don't know if this can be added to the game since is a new debuff that keeps players on a small spot of the map and drags them back to that spot if they try to get away.

Damage reflect
    You can see Hilla create a barrier around her, when the aniamtion ends she starts a 10 second global damage reflect. If you attack into it you will die in one shot no matter the dificulty.

Explosion
    Hilla cast a long spell that creates a huge explosion. Before this animation happens a NPC named Medina will call this attack out, then she will create a barrier, players must rush to that barrier before the animation ends or they will take a large amount of damage or will get one shoted if is on the hard dificulty. Another thing that may be hard or impossible to end in ML but still an ok attack in Maplestory it spawns on a random poin of the map so slower jobs may struggle to reach it on time,taking damage or using I.Frames can also avoid this attack if you can't reach the spot on time, the barrier can always be palced near Hilla to prevent slow jobs to die as well.

Cage (Only hard)
    Hilla will cage a random player (I.Frames prevents being caged), the caged player won't be able to use pots or attacks or do literally anything (beside closing the client lol), while the a player is caged Hilla will rapidly heal until the cage is broken or the time of the cage is over, when the time of the cage is over the player inside it will isntantly die. To break the cage teamates must hit the cage with regular attacks.
    Also hard or impossible to do but it brings a cool team mechanic, friendship power.

Grey Maden(Only hard)
    When Hard Hilla reaches half HP her hair will change color and will allow her to become invincible, when she becomes invincible she wont attack or move at all, Azwan ghsot swill be sumoned, kill all of them so she becomes vulnerable again.

Seduce (Only Hard)
    With a flick of her staff she can mass seduce anyone in range (there is a small chance that this won't afect you), Bishops be ready to react to this and shield. Just a small note, post-bb has a fourth seduce and is seduce crouch, sumit to your dominatrix Hilla.

~Rewards~
    Necromancer weapons and equips, they are darker versions of the Timeless/Reverse weapons but they canot be leveled up so they are not as good, but they are easier to get. Special scrolls that can onyl be used on Necromancer weapons.
    Hard mode drops:
    Lv140 gear (can be replaced with lv110), Special earrinngs lv130 (+7all stats +2w. and m. att +100HP/MP 5slots) yeah this thing is not comming to ML ever. A box that has a big chance of getting you a pet equip or you can get the Hilla pet with a lower chance.

~Coments~
    Hilla has no pot cooldown but she resists every element and physical attacks on any mode, so she always takes half damage on top of her defense stat. Her attacks patterns are not too bad for ML and has some neat reaction attacks that will keep even NLs awake.

~Arkarium~
    Mob_Arkarium.png
    ~HP~
    Easy: 2.1B
    Normal: 12.6B
    ~Level~
    Easy: 130
    Normal: 170

~Attacks~

Snake Rush

Arkarium's snake thrust foward dealing damage and knocking back nearby Maplers. Is not a reactable attack but Stance or I.Frames will prevent its anoying knock back.

Blue Flame
    Throws a blue flame that does 40% of your max HP but it can do vanilla damage on ML

Fire Pillar
    On the floow a pilalr will appear and if you stay there when it spawns fire you will take damage

Blue Thunder
    A linghtnin strikes Maplers doing elemntal damage.

Weapon/Magic Cancel
    You know this buff sadly weaponm last 40 seconds and magic 20 seconds.

Damage reflect
    Arkarium makes a barrier aniamtioin arounds him and when its over global damange reclect will be casted. DR does 50k dmg which is only possible to tank by post-bb characters or hyper washed Shads in ML.

Death Mark
    Arkarium puts a mark on your character that can only be rpevented by something like Holy Shield, to cure it you need a potion that his sumon drops. This status effect will make you take 100% extra damage from attacks and can be stacked up to 3 times capping at 300% extra damage taken.

Summon Netherworld Monks
    Arkarium sumons 3 Snake Monks that canot be damaged by physycal damage (they only take 1 damage by then), these snakes heal Arkarium, to prevent this Mages must kill them otherwise if they are left alone Arkarium will later on sumon more increasing teh amount of healing, at one point the healing done to Arkarium will be higher than the damage you can do to him on top of the sumons obstruding range attackers preventing them to damage him. When a snake dies drops an elixir to cure Arkarium's death mark

Doom
    Nearby players wil turn into a black snake for a short amout of time. While transformed you will take damage over time and wont be able to use any of your skills, you still can use pots to heal yourself.

Banish
    A random palyer will get teleported to dark map where you cant escape until you defeat a clone of yourself that stays in place, once is dead you ucan leave the map and return to teh boss.

Screen Crack
    At these points of HP: 80%/60%/40%/20% Arkarium will do a slow attack that crask the screen killing everyone on the map unless youu are fast enoguth to reach all the way to the left while you pin Arkarium to the left. After a crach has been used it will be used every minute on top of when it reaches the HP thresholds. This could be tweaked to be avoidad if you just crouch, this also can be avoided if you use I.Frames.

~Rewards~
    Arkarium is on the Temple of Time so most drops are shared with Pink Bean (rocks and weapons) but the main point of killing Arkarium is for the pendant, the domnator pendant (Lv140 +20 all stats +10%HP/MP +3 m. w. att +100 def 5 slots), it can be upgraded using stones that he drops on each run: 70% pass rate if fail 100% chance of boom it gives +3 all stats +40 hp/mp +3 m. w. att +25 def +3speed +2jump if pass. This could be reworked ofc to be an HP pendant to make surviving easier for lwoer HP jobs for example.

~Comentaries~
    Arkarium is so oldschool balanced with all the cancels but it has a new twist with some neat attacks that makes you pay atention to not die in one shot. I also like the fact that you need a mage or he will heal so fast your damage will be meaningless, this was changed last patch in Maplestory so any job can kill them but that change was made because people just solo the boss and only made him viable to solo if you could pop the guy in 10 seconds, so keeping this mechanic for ML would be ok. Arkarium has no resistances so your damage will be true unlike in Pink Bean or Hilla.

~Empress Cygnus~
    Mob_Cygnus.png

~HP~
    Easy: 10,5B
    Normal: 63B

~Levels~
    Easy: 140
    Normal: 190

~Attacks~

Dark Genesis
    Cygnu's main attack, you will see energy balls on the floor ready to burs, avoid them they are a one shot attack. The speed of the attack is very slow so is very easy to avoid, keep an eye on those.

Dark Ball
    Cygnus thros a slow dark proyectile that damages you if youu get touched by it, the damage isn't too big.

Damage reflect
    Cygnus creates put her cross that is on ehr back in fron of her and creates a barrier, then she will proc global damage reflect. This reflect is different to any other reflect, if you are not alone this reflect will damage one of your teamates nad not you. I'm not sure if this can be implemented in ML but I hope it isn't possible since I can see NLs mass murdering people if this is applied.

Doom
    Cygnus will say: Hahaha you look much better like this. Then she will turn at random one Mapler into a pig, while being a pig you cant use any skill but you can move around and use pots.

Sumon Shinshoo
    Cygnus will sumon her dragon Shinshoo. You ust kill Shinshoo as soon as possible because it can periodically put shields on Cygnus that will make her invicible (Miss damage) as well as heal her. The sumon does no damage. HP easy/normal: 400K/2.1B

Soldier Summon
    Cygnus will sumon Cygnus Soldiers, like most boss sumons you can just kill them no problem.

Knight Call/Desperation Knight Call
    Cygnus will say: Rise my loyal Knight. Then one of the 5 Knights at random will spawn if she is 75% or lower and after she will sumon another knight after some time. When she is 25% HP she will sumon an upgraded version of her Knights and all 5 of them at the same time. Whenever a Knight is on the map she will fall asleep and won't take any damage but she won't move either until Knight or all the Knights are dead, in the normal version she will still attacking even with the Knight sumoned:

HP easy/normal: 1.05B/2.1B on all the Knights enhanced versions have 6.3B HP. All knights can sumon soldiers of their speciality.

Mihile:

Weak to Lightning and resists nothing. Can buff up its defense and attack, use Dispell or Power Crash to remove them. He will chase you and do melee attacks to you.
    His enhanced version triggers Damage reflect isntead of defense up, be careful.

Oz:
    Weak to ice and resists nothing. She can seal you and use meteor shower damage you at a distance. She can teleport to her aggro to get clsoer to land her skills.
    The enhanced version only does more damage.

Ekhart:
    Weak to holy and resists nothing. He can HP drain you to heal himself.

Hawkeye:
    Weak to poison resist nothing. He can increase its attack power and throw shark waves at you.

Irena:
    Weak to fire and resist nothing. She chases you and shoots arows at you to deal damage. She can buff herself to become invincible for a short time (Miss damage).

Every time a Knight dies Empress will create a full map Dark Genesis that does 90% of your HP, to avoid it you need to take damage from other source or go to a corner of the map, if not use an I.Frames or smoke.

Bomb
    Cygnus will place a bomb on a random Mapler, after a time the bomb will explode stunning the player for a few seconds

Tornado Attack
    Cygnus sumons tornados that you need to avoid like the Zakum pillars because if you get caught inside it you will be spinning inside it for a couple of seconds while you take damage over time. You can pot but you can't attack or move so you may get hit by a Dark Genesis if RNG is not in your side.

Zombify
    She cast zombify on nearby players. Use Holy Shield to prevent it.

~Rewards~
    I think everyone knows the Empress set, I don't think this will be ever a thing but it could just have any other unique reward.

~Coments~
    Empress is the perfect introduction to reactioanry bosses but still slow enought to work in an old client version, some things may not work but it could be implemented. She has a 30 second pot cooldown (15 in easy) so taking damage here is very painful if you don't have a healer but this in ML without the pot cooldown can be challengign enought to keep players on their toes .The song + the lines she speaks and the Knights make this fight very enjoyable and very skill based since you need to know all the small things everything does.

This is all I have for now, I want to make perhaps in the near future a Chaos boss version to show the Chaos versions of Zakum, Horntail and Pink Bean, but as it is right now the page is lagging a bit because the post is too big. Until next time, take care and I hope you had fun.

• Like Like x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Though I like the idea, a lot of this content is simply impossible to implement under a v62 client (without extensive modding)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Yep is just for fun. With some twitching they could be added, just changing certain attacks effects should do. The chaos version of the bosses I bet can be added.
    Edit: perhaps the pulling skill cant be added to the game which is kinda sad for Chaos PB, haha Ariel pulls everyone to the middle of the map so no more bird snipes.

4. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    [​IMG]
    No cuz I want him as island boss ok ty :

[​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. Sayoran

Sayoran Slime

Apr 8, 2020
    Male
    8:45 PM
    xInuyashax
    Beginner
    Maybe it's possible but just don't add these "Easy, Normal, Hard" Modes.
    Keep a single normal boss mode in the oldschool way with hp and stats that the admins will fit as decent.
    but don't add the modes thing, it'll just be bad to the game and to the oldschool path.

6. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    2:45 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    a bad thing about adding new content, is that the new bosses need more wash, because at the point when they were aficionados in gms, there was already gear that gave HP (red rex, chaos zh/htp) now with the coming from the challenge I think it's easier to add more content that people can enjoy