1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Important New System for White Scrolls (Feedback Thread)

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Nise, Jul 6, 2021.

How do you feel about the Prestigious Coin system?

Poll closed Jul 14, 2021.
  1. Strongly support

190 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. Slightly support

130 vote(s)
    23.6%
  3. Neutral

90 vote(s)
    16.3%
  4. Slightly oppose

71 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. Strongly oppose

71 vote(s)
    12.9%
  1. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    8:09 AM
    [​IMG]

In all seriousness, I think it's great that staff is addressing the issue as well as asking the community for feedback. However, why not simply add the legendary category from gachapon as boss drops rather than implementing/customizing a whole new system? (If someone mentioned this in a previous comment then please ignore. Too much to read). Of course the rates should be adjusted accordingly.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. wolf666

wolf666 Timer

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    11:09 AM
    Wolf
    Shadower
    • Unlike WS, where a trade occurs between just 2 people, this Prestigious Coin system would promote trade between many different people (people who have left over coins from the exchange, recent WS/CS pullers, people who have gotten it from bosses, etc).

Assuming this increase in trade happens. Are there any concerns about a general increase in tax evasion between trades? WS & CS used for trading high-ticket items pay no tax. Now I can see coins traded for low to medium priced items/services to avoid tax.
    Perhaps it won't even be a problem as coins generated will be consistently consumed for WS/CS to craft items in tandem with staff constantly balancing the rate of coins.

Overall I like the concept. But since this is tied to bossing, I would like to see the bossing revamp so maybe we can get a full picture of how everything potentially plays out.

3. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    10:09 AM
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    More gacha from higher levels would mean that the price of WS/CS will decrease (in coin form)

While it becomes more accessible for higher level players to buy (they would love a cheaper WS/CS) it becomes even less rewarding for lower level players if they manage to get one ,already via RNG.

So high players get a guaranteed way to get profit
    low players have their RNG way to get WS/CS worsened since the price would decrease.

This answer will also be addressed as if talking to another player and not staff

Again this brings my question, wouldn't the bossing drop make splitting rewards even more difficult? if not , make bossers more picky on who DESERVES the profit
    It may not be the case on very organized runs, but on lower end it can be very controversial
    some attackers feel they deserve ALL of the reward, some circlejerks would hoard most of it and the invited attackers be deprived

Parties would prefer less players for more profit on daily limited runs rather than include more people

• Disagree Disagree x 14
  4. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    5:09 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    None of this changes??? You will still be able to obtain a ws as a low lvl player from gacha. Now you'll just exchange it for coins and sell those coins. Same result, one extra step.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    If more WS/coins enter the market via bossing that means the overall price of the coin would decrease
    imagine 100 coins for WS, right now let's say the coins are 2m each,
    after the change since more end-late game player can get coins, the coins will decrease to 1m each

End/late game player will get more CS/WS but new player will get HALF the profit since their WS only net 100m instead of 200m but item prices wont decrease, only the scrolls

So new players will get less meso already from a super difficult RNG, while mages who can farm lots of gacha and bossers with guaranteed coins can still get a consistent amount , unaffected

• Disagree Disagree x 20
  6. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    11:09 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Do new players really need access to 200m? Personally I didn’t pull any ws or cs until like 150+ and still managed to grind out levels fine. CDs for example provides a pretty reasonable amount of income at a pretty easily achieved level.

• Agree Agree x 15
  7. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    Is not whetever or not people need the money , but if you get a WS/CS regardless of level you'd rather have the same value, imagine having a 0.01% chance only to receive less than you would've got before?
    Equips wills be hoarded and perfected, scrolled overalls/WGs/PACs
    There will be only either shit trash versions or the perfected versions, prices for items will rise too

Is not a matter of lower levels need more money, is that how rewarding gachas will become in general
    Feels kind of unfair to win the lottery only to be told that the jackpot has decreased

Late game players wont mind much since they have OTHER ways to obtain them

8. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    4:09 PM
    Then just settle for a lower amount now to kick start yourself and gain more when you start bossing. Otherwise in your scenario new players are going to start off rich with a 200m ws and realise they're broke at 140 cause bossing literally gives nothing.

• Agree Agree x 8
  9. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    6:09 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    What about those who won the lottery when WS/CS prices were 80m, at a time when 60%s and leech were even more expensive than they are now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  10. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    1) This is irrelevant since if the proposal goes through, white scroll will have no market price as it will become an untradeable item. Also, parts are not necessarily cheaper than the whole. For example, take the price of finished perfect weapons (the whole) and white scrolls (the parts used to create them). Perfect weapons consistently sell for less than the cost to create them.

2) This is correct, and the main reason why I support the proposal.

3) If this is truly important, then something would need to be done to prevent the coins from taking the place of ws and cs as investment vehicles

4/5) I definitely agree with this sentiment overall, as this server is very much "feast or famine" in almost every aspect. That being said I still value simplicity over this, because in the long run the law of averages will ultimately prevail.

11. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    Before i answer
    When was that exactly?

12. Hiyo

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    Hiyo
    Camper

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Simplicity is subjective to normalization. Once the system becomes normalized, I don't think it'll be all that complicated. Take into consideration the event currency confusion the first few days of any event release and the optimized routes developed shortly a few weeks after.

My biggest concern with a big change like this is if it falls flat once the dust settles and people figure out farming is still more optimal.

Nonetheless, I'm all on board with this suggestion. It makes this server a bit more dynamic by not pigeonholing everybody into one style of play.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    So you're comparing this to a meta where 80m was worth a lot more than it is now because mesos had a higher value

60% scrolls costed more because they were required by many players to advance, people were still progressing, no one is gonna go ham with 10/30s if they were many available

Nowadays everyone mostly 10/30s their stuff so no one buys 60% that's why they're so cheap, but equip prices in general are increasing, the meta of 2017 and 2021 are vastly different thats
    this is the SIXTH year of maple legends and you're comparing it to the SECOND, i mean i may be mis remembering
    but wasnt the whole voting gacha still a thing back then?

People could still vote for gachapon (at level 50) back then
    and you're comparing it to now

In 2017 people could VOTE for gacha, that's why there were a lot more WS/CS and it cost 80m
    compared to now where anyone that isnt a mage can get like 0-5 gachas per level, if they're not PQing that is, that's why gachas now have more value and getting a WS/CS costs more

15. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Its actually the opposite, at least for new to mid player items.

10 att wgs were 30m, leech prices were 1.5x higher, 60 % scrolls were in the 1m range instead of 100k range they are today. We also didn't have blue gacha as a drop from monsters.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Hiyo

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    Hiyo
    Camper
    (people had to vote on one account for APR or gach, gach was less abundant back then btw)

I'm just comparing what you said about new players who get a WS suffer with this change. I am stating it was harder to start as a new player back then than now. Its much easier, but this isn't the point of the thread anyways. The point is you shouldn't use new players winning the lottery in gach as a reason to prevent a change aimed towards mid-game/end-game players. Whatever the new price of the coins that make up 1 WS is enough to fund a newbie to midgame.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    Because all of them were luxuries, there werent many in the market to begin with,
    Leech was a luxury , no one leeched unless you were extremely lazy
    10 WG back then is like 12 att now as now there's more 7 slot gloves to get 10 att(assuming 2 fails) vs only 6 att which is 2 fails on a 5 slot
    I do remember, the 60% scrolls again ,it was a good thing ,not everyone had strong equips

Blue gachas were VOTE NX obtainable
    and silver gachas were hunting gachas IIRC

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    5:09 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    gacha was event exclusive so eh, back then only way to gacha was vote like a pepega or chad wash

19. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    First of all im gonna say this
    I'm not TRYING to prevent the change if anything im in favor of coins

I'm just saying it shouldnt be entirely one sided
    and no im not trying to put coins on field bosses or anything
    but there should be some way, even if miniscule for low players to get coins besides gacha
    if bossers can get coins for bossing and stuff and is like 1000 coins for a white scroll, new players should have a slow way to at least obtain 1 coin over time , with effort being able to sell their coins as extra profit even if small at least to compensate the decrease in price

EDIT: As an added note, MANY NEW PLAYERS WOULDNT PICK APR , Washing meta wasnt as strong cuz there werent many bosses like NeoTokyo/PB

So new players would use all of their NX on gacha once pet/equips were done

So yes there were a LOT and i mean a LOT of players doing gacha, people woulrd rather get mesos than APR , unless you were one of the few planning for washing

20. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    11:09 PM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Since 2017 was such donkey ages ago for you (I shall not argue about the inaccuracies regarding the economy in your post), let's look back to early 2020, when the first wave of COVID players joined the server. WS prices momentarily dropped from ~135m to ~115m.

Those COVID players who got WS through gacha must be in shambles right now.

• Friendly Friendly x 3