1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Important New System for White Scrolls (Feedback Thread)

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Nise, Jul 6, 2021.

How do you feel about the Prestigious Coin system?

Poll closed Jul 14, 2021.
  1. Strongly support

190 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. Slightly support

130 vote(s)
    23.6%
  3. Neutral

90 vote(s)
    16.3%
  4. Slightly oppose

71 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. Strongly oppose

71 vote(s)
    12.9%
  1. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    1:10 PM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    I'd rather have bosses drop this new currency directly. A few problems I can see if an exchange system is used instead. First is hoarding old items like you said, second is that it cracks open the door to muling (not sure if multiple diamonds can drop but I can see a scenario in zak where somebody solos and can loot all the diamonds to sell vs only looting whatever coins dropped), and last is because this would impact pricing on HTP and possibly other drops (if an egg is worth 5 new currency would I be better off not selling an HTP?). Maybe it's a good side goal to change HTP prices so the third problem isn't really an issue but I think it's still something to think about. On top of that there's also some opportunity cost to a trading system vs adding to the drop table. In one case we lose an item to gain another item and in the other we simply gain an item with no loss.

2. Socollocos

Socollocos King Slime

Oct 9, 2020
    12:10 PM
    Socoli
    Bowmaster
    A single player does not have the power to manipulate the whole market.
    you are assuming WS as an investment item but forget that it is high level use item. That is what the balance team is trying to change.

3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    10:10 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I'm not sure how giving more options for value from your boss drops would qualify as a nerf. If anything, I would see it as a buffer for volatility dependent on demand.

It's not a buff, sure, but this change wasn't made specifically to buff all of bossing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I think with any major change, you would just have to accept that hoarding happens, and let them reap the benefits of their investment. I hate that it happens, but not implementing a great idea because 2 people could profit, causes long-term inaction (which is the current meta). Another option is to just do what ya'll did for PoT and make a new version.

As for skill books in general, I think it sucks that a lot of SB drops are non-boss exclusives. One idea i've had in general, is to remove SBs from easily-farmable / traditional leech mobs. It's ridiculous that 5-6 and skeles alone ruin the price of 10+ SBs. You could always just add those SBs to certain bosses, exclusively.

As for your suggestion, It's probably a bad idea to have other boss drops as exchange-able for coins. 1) It would be bad to tie the cost of MW20 to the price of WS. 2) The extreme scenario is to have the boss drop only coins, and remove the drop table entirely. Then just exchange for what you want. The more you expand the exchange list, the more explicit relationships staff has to manually balance (like relative worth between CS/WS/MW20/HTP/eggs), instead of letting their worth be determined by a free market.

I think it's better to just make every boss drop coins in its raw form, and remove boss ETC exchange altogether.

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    I agree with this to some extent but I also agree with Pixel that it would be good to have a healthy check against pure endgame bossers and to have some avenues that aren't bossing (besides CWK and Gacha) to get WS/CS. That way some people with their "crew" can't just dominate the market with WS just because they happen to have everything clicking and in tune in regards to bossing. An easy example for why people can't always optimally boss when they want is because of timezone differences.

So while yes this IS an MMO, and yes Bossing and group play should be encouraged, and this shouldn't be another Reboot type server of solo play, I do think its healthy and necessary to have aspects to get either WS or coins in other ways.

I think people have to realize the nature of a private server is going to be that you can't treat it 100 percent like the old days of a real Public GMS server.

Basically one of my concerns. And personally I never cared about people "getting even more powerful" in a PvE type game but if it affects the overall health of the game then I would show concern.

6. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    6:10 PM
    Funny how the assumption is that people who boss are rich and so by giving bossers the ability to get ws/cs makes so called rich bossers even richer.

Whereas in reality it's well known that people who solely boss are borderline bankrupt and in fact it's cheaper to level an archmage to 130 and have them sit in ULU 2 and farm raw mesos/mats/drops with an MU Mule to yield more profits per hour than even 6man HT in its current state.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Theres a ton of people borderline bossing who have bishops or mages with hs mules though and they can just make mesos whenever they feel like it. But 90% of the time they boss when they log on. So I don't buy the borderline bankrupt line at all.

The assumption you are making is that most of these bossers don't have any secondary way of making income and that is just simply not true at all. So in this scenario they are getting the best of both worlds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    [​IMG]

Here's data for anyone who thinks bossing is a good source of income. Time doesn't include farming elixir so you're perma-caved as well. 90 minute time to kill too, so you must be modern day pog

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. kiln

kiln Pink Teddy

Jan 2, 2021
    Pepperspray
    Corsair
    Elite
    People do bossing over farming because it's more fun.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Not to be a jerk but you said "bossing" but you only posted HT runs which I agree could be improved. But if you want to be really technical I made 75m mesos in 1 month just npcing the stuff I got from Pap and Rav and I didn't even do it everyday. (Yes I did do it on multiple characters)

11. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    So in the current economy, if you ask most of the end game bossers how they achieved their perfect weapons, the majority of them will tell you they grinded with an MU mule on their Arch mage or sold leech as a way to generate income to afford the WS and stuff required to perfect their weapon. Do the majority of them find grinding with an A/M fun, or selling leech fun? No. But it was a means to an end which they had to do to perfect the weapon.

This new system would allow bossers to do things they enjoy (boss) and actually be able to generate wealth to afford ws/cs, rather than having to go down another route to do it.

All I get from your post is someone who doesn't boss is salty that bossers can now generate income.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. kiln

kiln Pink Teddy

Jan 2, 2021
    Pepperspray
    Corsair
    Elite
    If I spent 1 hour every other day farming for a month, I'd make 400m+ mesos.
    I don't know why you feel it is unfair to have attackers make mesos at a rate that is remotely competitive to farming.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    11:10 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  14. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    I agree it is definitely not fun, and bossing is more "fun" over grinding as way of getting experience. My argument was most of the bossers you are describing started out making mages anyway and hs mules because they either A) had to wait for more NX for their bossers to get finished B) Just wanted to get income while they waited C)Actually wanted to make mages.

Bossers should be able to enjoy and get wealth from a place like HT where there is way more time investment and effort than a lot of other things in Maple that don't require as much but give you more profit. However my only concern is that this is going to be tip the scales way more in favor of pure bossers than people who either like to do a little bit of everything or just not boss as much.

This prestigious coin system for bossing would be PERFECT if there was already an automated in-game system of allowing players to have quick sign ups with randoms if you can't fill out a full party and instantly travel to bossing location for efficient runs. As it stands now that doesn't exist and not every player wants to join huge guilds or meta guilds just to take advantage of a system that is rewarding people who basically can boss the most efficiently from those said guilds.

I don't think asking for a coin system or some additional system outside of pure bossing would be unhealthy or game breaking.

Because believe it or not there are people who love to play the game BUT also do not like A) Grinding for hours leeching or B) Trying to painstakingly smega over and over for bossing parties and nobody responds.

The bigger issue I think nobody is addressing is if there is some way to have a system or sign up system in game that makes bossing easier then I think the proposed prestigious coin system would be amazing and people wouldn't be trying to get coins outside of bossing.

And FYI I could easily flip your logic back on you and say you are just salty that farmers/leechers are having it too good right now and since you don't like doing it you want to tip the scales.

Was just showing you can make mesos from bossing, it is just HT and a few others that aren't being great in terms of profit. I think you are reading too much into it

Never said anything about it being unfair for bossers to make mesos at a rate competitive to farmers. I encourage it. But all this system is doing is rewarding the constant bossers who can always find a group which is why I think there should be an outside system for people who do not have that luxury or who don't feel comfortable joining huge guilds.

Remember, anyone can farm mesos but not everyone can find bossing parties that are competitive and efficient.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Disregarding pink bean, horntail is currently the MOST profitable boss you can fight in maplelegends.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    How many runs are we talking about here? That 75m is even less impressive considering the summon items can be sold for a decent sum. :confused:

17. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    11:10 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    HT is the best mesos/hr out of all bossing content (outside of PB) and it still pales in comparison to any sort of farming. Everything else is even worse, 75m in 1 month does not exactly show that you can "make mesos" from bossing.

18. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Yeah I never even sold any of the summoning items, i just did a bunch of runs on multiple characters and when I say I npced all the crap that fell on the ground that is literally all I mean. Not trying to make any point other than its pretty little effort to make mesos for fast runs. Only thing limiting you is the 2 run a day limit which is why multiple characters helped in that aspect.

And even with that point I have said multiple times, it should be even more profitable for the effort you put into it so I have no problem making it more appeasing for bossers. Just read the above posts for outside reasons.

Read previous response. HT should still be buffed despite that fact. Not everyone can find constant HT parties when they want either because they arent in a huge guild or timezone differences and many other outside factors. An active player shouldn't be penalized over the coin system if there isn't some outside system besides constant bossing. So have all the extra buffs to profit you want in HT or any other boss you feel is lacking, that doesn't mean you have to alienate other players to do it.

But that is what having this discussion is about since Nise made it very clear this is a suggestion and all feedback is welcomed. Not everyone has to have the "constant bosser" viewpoint displayed. Just like in life even Maple has nuances and not everything is so black and white.

19. kiln

kiln Pink Teddy

Jan 2, 2021
    Pepperspray
    Corsair
    Elite
    I don't think I'd want this system. I think the relationships you forge organically by encouraging people to organize by themselves is an important part of gameplay.

I'm not a particularly social person either, but that seems to be taking half the fun out of bossing and IMO a big part of the nostalgia that attracts players to pre-BB servers.

I know each person has their own way that they'd like to play the game, but for this one I just want to say "get used to it and find a group you like".

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    I don't get it. If you don't want to boss, make 6 mages and 2 MU mules and go farm Memory Lane 1 / Burning Forest for 40m/hr and you'll have a ws in like 5 hours.

If you don't want to do that, go farm Ulu 2 with an MU mule and you'll have a ws within a day.

There are avenues outside of bossing already available. What this is doing is making bossing on par with those external avenues.

Then again if you're only generating 75m/month I can see why it may be a struggle.