1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Important New System for White Scrolls (Feedback Thread)

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Nise, Jul 6, 2021.

How do you feel about the Prestigious Coin system?

Poll closed Jul 14, 2021.
  1. Strongly support

190 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. Slightly support

130 vote(s)
    23.6%
  3. Neutral

90 vote(s)
    16.3%
  4. Slightly oppose

71 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. Strongly oppose

71 vote(s)
    12.9%
  1. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    11:42 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  2. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    2:42 AM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I think some of this back and forth might be getting a little off the point of the thread which was a new way to implement a ws/cs system to bossing. The reason coins aren't obtained from grinding is because it isn't limited and grinding is already significantly faster. Before we start pointing fingers on if this will make grinding or other methods less optimal, we should be providing proper feed back for what was presented in the original post. Arguing the same points back and forth aren't really resulting in constructive feed back at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Look at my last post

"Nobody said this at all. Keyword is "heavily" as in not extreme with either one. Reading comprehension."

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    7:42 AM
    Earning mesos from mobs you kill is zero rng. Using said mesos to purchase coins is hence a zero rng available option.

I would like to clarify that a person who decides to kill mobs and doesn't want to boss is included as part of the subset of 'we all'. So, on his behalf, why does an individual who just kills mobs, doesn't want to kill bosses, actually need WS or a CS?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    You missed the other part of my post.

"If you can point me to a method of mobbing and getting WS at the end of it with no RNG involved please share because it doesn't exist right now. And if you say "sure just farm for hours for mesos and then buy some at FM" that is not the same thing as killing a boss for an hour and getting coins to exchange for WS/CS with zero RNG."

In addition the bossing option would require way less effort.

Mentioned this before several times. To one shot enemies sooner, or kill enemies in less hits period for better training, reaching thresholds etc. Sounds like you don't mob a lot.

6. kiln

kiln Pink Teddy

Jan 2, 2021
    Pepperspray
    Corsair
    Elite
    I'll happily trade your farmed mesos for coins (zero RNG involved in it for you!) anytime you want at double the market price, since having this reliable, non-RNG source of coins seems so important to you.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. Porkupine

Porkupine Timer

Mar 21, 2019
    Male
    xB0wM4sT3rx
    Bowmaster
    Nani
    A player that participates in bossing as well as farming would have no issues with this system. The coins are merely a proxy for fragments of ws/cs/RoT. Since they're tradable, a non-hardcore bosser/farmer would still benefit, just a bit less than the hard-core bosser.

The way I see it is classes that succeed at bossing don't have an easy time farming (ex. archers/NLs/sairs)
    And classses that succeed at farming don't have an easy time bossing (ex. mages)
    All of this creates an imbalance in meso generation methods. It's heavily agreed upon that farmers have an easier time making mesos than bossing classes. I see this proposal as a means to even the playing field. IMO you're focussing too hard on the fact that it's a change focussed on bossers, when in reality it's a conscious choice of Staff in order to address the meso generation inequality.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Disney

Disney Red Snail

Jun 25, 2021
    Female
    2:42 PM
    Disney
    Night Lord
    Noir

Farming for x hours of ulu2 with a AM with MU mule will grant you a ws/cs with 0 rng involved. The amount of mesos you make at ulu2 is kinda fixed to ~6-9m depending on how focus u are so i am not sure what is the point u have been trying to make for past few replies that you have been making.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    You can be cheeky all you want but that doesn't address the inherent flaws of the system

10. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    TrionTrion Example: 1 ws costs 200m

100 coins = 1 ws = 2m a coin

1 boss run at ht = 3 coins per 2 hour = 3m per hour

1 hour leech of 2 players at wraith = 5m an hour

In the end the coins get tossed around on market and will end up the same.

I feel like this should not be the main concern of the thread.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    Spoken like someone who has no experience with bossing. Props to you.

I would like to confirm what 'mobs' you're trying to one shot which requires any use of ws or cs to actually achieve.

Find me a current example of someone in game who's trying to use a ws to scroll their weapon because they wish to one shot something for farming purposes.

The threshold point is a valid point - in particular reference for selling high level leech at the lowest level you possibly can. Wait this goes back to leeching.

You missed the other part of my post.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. kiln

kiln Pink Teddy

Jan 2, 2021
    Pepperspray
    Corsair
    Elite
    I'm dead serious. kilnkiln will trade his coins for TrionTrion's mesos, at double the market price whenever he wants.

Now, I've fixed your "inherent flaw" that farming isn't a reliable way of acquiring coins. You'll probably make more coins/hr than most bossers even with the doubled meso price!

13. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner

A) Provided you can find Ulu 2 when you are playing at peak hours

B) Specify what the "x" is for hours of ulu 2.

I don't think you wanna do that comparison because in just a little over an hour of HT i already have immediate coins to exchange with an NPC who will give me a non RNG WS/CS. The level of effort for the two things isn't even remotely close. Make the Horntail run give any specific amount of mesos you want if your issue is profitability. There is no reason to tie it to WS and CS on top of it and close off a segment of the playerbase and staff has already said this won't solve inflation so please dont bring up that argument again.

Countless players have made WS'd weapons to kill things quicker on mules or for training or any host of reasons.

Once again if you are so concerned about lack of mesos from bossing then you shouldn't have any problems with getting more actual mesos from those said bosses. You seem more concerned with the fact that bossing won't have an exclusive system for easy WS and CS with zero RNG instead of profit.

And you are trying to tell me that the only people buying WS/CS are the ones looking to improve their damage on bossing ONLY? I want to have some of what you are smoking.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  14. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    1:42 AM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    A singular HT isn't going to provide the coins necessary for all your runners to buy WS/CS, if it even does for one person total. Just as there are "x" hours for Ulu 2 or any other leech map, you're going to have to work your way up through splitting coins over multiple days/weeks of expeds.

And you can sell leech at maps beyond Ulu 2. Yes, it takes more effort to sell at a map like Ulu 1, Ulu 3, or Petris compared to Ulu 2, but the options are there and you get an up-front sum of money for providing leech service, on top of whatever you loot. The meso-generation floor from selling leech already exists, and is quite high.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    I think this quite evidently shows your lack of bossing experience.

Assume say x number of coins drop from HT. Those x number of coins don't belong to just you, they belong to the entire squad that cleared that particular HT run (adjusted for perma deaths/dc's/etc). Which means if you yourself wish to convert those coins into ws and cs for your own personal use, you need to purchase them from the other runners. How do you purchase them? Mesos.

So in the end the bosser will also have to purchase those coins if he wishes to use them himself. Reallocation of wealth within the bosser squad.

What this method allows is if the bossers on that particular run don't wish to use the coin themselves, they can sell externally. Reallocation of wealth between the buyer and the bosser squad.

There is no free lunch. If a bosser wishes to use the coins for ws/cs themselves, they also need to purchase it, just like someone else who grinds or farms.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. kiln

kiln Pink Teddy

Jan 2, 2021
    Pepperspray
    Corsair
    Elite
    The "level of effort" is literally buying an owl and using it in the FM. I'd say it's pretty close. If you disagree, I'm always here to serve you!

Countless people have proven that bossing yields less mesos than farming, and I just solved your issue with RNG. What's the issue here?

17. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    11:42 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I usually just drop like 50-60 attack in order to farm mobs on DK because attack speed and movement speed are better than attack. Perfect skis aren't even as good as a Fishing Pole I 60'd for the 1 speed boost.

18. Porkupine

Porkupine Timer

Mar 21, 2019
    Male
    xB0wM4sT3rx
    Bowmaster
    Nani
    The number of coins dropped in Horntail will almost certainly be merched in FM for MESOS to be able to be split amongst the runners. Bossers aren't going to be magically walking away with a piece of WS after each Horntail.

Yes, the prestige coin system doesn't solve or address inflation because it isn't introducing any new mesos, it's only facilitating more trade. If the Horntail instead started dropping bags of 20m mesos, then inflation will definitely become an issue.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    You are assuming all boss runs work that way and that is not the case. I have plenty of bossing experience but just because it doesn't follow your standards of bossing doesn't make it incorrect. The run you are highlighting is more likely to be the case when you are running with complete randoms and not good friends/people you know. ALot of time they will have no problem giving up these coins and theres a variety of situations where this can cause abuse.

It will always be an issue. Each day the server gets older inflation is increasing. Everytime people mob farm mesos, more and more money is pumped into the economy. You don't need HT to drop bags of anything as long as mesos drops from somewhere.

• Disagree Disagree x 14
  20. Disney

Disney Red Snail

Jun 25, 2021
    Female
    2:42 PM
    Disney
    Night Lord
    Noir
    A)There are mini dungeons for ulu2 and personally for me i've been able to get a map/dungeon very easily for the past 2 weeks.

B) assuming my rates of 8m/hr at ulu2 and ws prices at 200m x= 200/8 which is 25hours not exactly a ws a day but still faster than ht.

you are assuming that the in one ht run you will get enough coins to exchange for a ws/cs, there has been no confirmed amount of coins:ws/cs ratio yet could very well take 1000 coins to exchange for a WS. Also bosses that will be able to drop coins would only drop them in small amounts like maybe 5( numbers up to staffs) so technically you would need many many many boss runs which will eventually take many more hours for a single ws/cs.

Also it is not easy to gather runners for HT runs takes time and effort to coordinate with runners to find a common time for people to run with which should be taken into consideration when adding "effort" to the mix. Farming at ulu2 would just require you to teleport on your AM and press your ult key with occasionally climbing up the rope to loot the mesos/items on top

• Agree Agree x 4