1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Open Party Quests to All Levels (With Limitations)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Pepper, Jul 9, 2021.

Should level restrictions be lifted?

1. Yes

61 vote(s)
    63.5%
  2. No

35 vote(s)
    36.5%
  1. OP
    OP
    Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    8:16 PM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    It isn't hard to put a level limit or turn in limit on the items obtained from pqs. As for making it easier to level, the other users would still be limited to lowered stats and skills from my suggestion so it wouldn't exactly be speeding through. As it relates to lpq for boxes, can you really easily control multiple players to hit boxes 3 times and pick up the loot with a time limit? It seems difficult to me.

Also newbies enjoyment is already jeopardized by the fact that most pqs are dead and hard to find a party.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    I'm just pointing out that there are a bunch of things that need to be considered before this ever happens. My points about all 3 PQs still stand even without the rewards being a factor.

I also never mentioned multiclienting LPQ for boxes? My bigger concern was everyone who's washing would swarm it for NX rewards (on single clients) and would sweat hard for efficient runs and the fun of having a bunch of authentic Lv. 35-50s running through it would be gone.

I 100% agree with you here and I truly do believe something needs to be done (especially for MPQ), I just don't think this is it respectfully :/

3. OP
    OP
    Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I do believe people do mule lpq already for getting nx to buy resets but ya it would v be easier if you're on your main I guess? I don't think it would make as much of a difference personally because people could already be sweaty for it now if they wanted to. The main reasons they don't is its hard to get a party and some people don't like lpq.

4. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    2:16 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    You can use GPQ instead which has about the same vote cash gains.

5. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Your examples reacted to:
    KPQ stage 1 ligator give 120 exp for 1k HP (without the 2x exp). Genin give 75 exp for 600 HP. Which is a better HP:Exp rate than Ligators, and Genin at least drop items and mesos too, not to mention much lower def and mdef. Maps are easily accessible and more pleasant to grind at for many chars (except for maybe f/p) than ligators.

LPQ provides NX at the bonus stage at the end. Even if no restrictions are in place and we have a full 4th job mage team + thief mule running around, we'd look at on average about 250 nx every 5-10 min. That's similar to GPQ for a good party (double time, double nx). With the bottleneck here being the final stage before the boss. Also keep in mind that muling LPQ as 1 person is a shitshow and annoying as heck cuz of the numbers stages and the passes that need to be gotten from all the portals.

The glasses still require 25 PQs which is a time investment and the PQ investment for higher lvl chars could be changed. But yes, it's game-able if nothing else is done about it. Could be somewhat concerning esp since you can chaos em to be insanely good (same for squishy shoes if no att shoes).

EPQ isn't even all that fast after a certain point, even when multiclienting. But yes, it could be very fast if you're running 4 mages or whatever class. Again, earrings could be game-able if there's no change in the investment required.

I'd argue this isn't something to write off immediately. I'd be highly interested in elegant solutions to the problems posed, as I do think this would be a cool change.

• Like Like x 6
  6. GunzGaming

GunzGaming King Slime

Mar 25, 2021
    Male
    7:16 PM
    FatBlunts
    these changes were done in a MUCH MORE tryhard server than legends, riddled with rwt, vote abuse, 6 client mage farmers, 1 billion meso per hour kind of shit. yet the pq change was nothing but good and had no negative side effects. I think that is a good example enough of how this change in legends will MOST LIKELY be just fine too.

1. nerf ligators exp. most low-level players clear PQ for cards and shoes, rarely grind stage 1.
    2. LPQ is fun to do fast, tryhard or not? who wants to do the pq slow? pq is about teamwork so doing it fast builds on that. both specs and toad headbands are better than LPQ glasses. glasses are not worth it unless you are made of chaos scrolls.
    3. EPQ level cap should be ~100 imo, and all of the PQs should be skill-gated to the original level requirement of the PQ. so there wouldn't be ANY multi-mage setups in any PQ.

I wholeheartedly believe your reality of tryhards is a bit much. They don't pq. only us filthy casuals do. And newbie experience's here aren't tainted by people who play the game. It's the sudden realization of washing, I'm one of them. washing sucks big nasty balls. So I play Paladin and waste all my nx on dragon pets.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    3:16 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    We don't have toad headbands which are unique in that other server, which is why LPQ glasses are BiS if given the chance for endgame players to acquire them past LPQ's lvl range.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Theaceae

Theaceae King Slime

Jul 4, 2021
    Female
    5:16 PM
    Theaceae
    I can see how this would be a problem. Perhaps it's more something that could be tested on lower population PQs-- the ones that are harder to fill. That way, the people that actually want to complete such PQs have an additional pool of people willing to help meet minimum requirements for entry. (It'd be a lot of work, but I imagine a system where a player can trigger some sort of NPC "searching for Players outside Level range because there's not enough level ranged players to do this right now", which would then allow over-leveled players join those parties.)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Currently, I feel that PQs encourage older players who are making new characters to play with new players. With your change, older players would likely just play with their higher level friends in order to powerfarm them (this will happen even if all of your restrictions are applied and scaling works properly, which it almost never does). I suspect that this will in turn decrease the amount of people PQing in PUGs and further create a barrier between new players and established members of the community. A potential way to address this could be to only have PQ level caps removed at certain dates-- for 1 weekend per month, for example. However, this would still discourage people from PQing with appropriately-leveled and unfunded players.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. GunzGaming

GunzGaming King Slime

Mar 25, 2021
    Male
    7:16 PM
    FatBlunts
    Kinda sad so many people are negative about this over a bunch of hypothetical conclusions. The main draw for PQs is that they are fun. Not that they will be farmed, or ruined by players. A lot of old players leech, they dont pq.

An direct example to base opinions and contribute to hypothesis: in another server, they lowered the amount of pqs for lpq glasses, made them +3 all stats (VERY OP), and have no level cap. Its still empty, nobody is farming them. Occasionally an old player will help a newb form a party in smegas, as intended. Its not realistic and a waste of time to farm them unless youre having fun. If that doesnt prove anything idk what else does. But there is an army of minmaxers that ruin everything in legends? Point them out to me please i wanna see what yall are talking about.

• Agree Agree x 7
  11. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    All the equips can already be obtained just no longer once you reach a certain level. I really don't see a downside to giving access to these to higher level players.

As for "sweaty" players abusing PQs, I doubt it and even if they do I don't see what's bad about people running PQs optimally with a dedicated team (probably 2-3 man just like GPQ but still). Would be a nice change of pace from quad mage for them I guess lol.

I think this would be a great way to revitalise PQs and allow us to help our lower level friendos. Only issue for me is still implementation. Changed my vote to yes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    could even just limit the PQ equips to being able to obtain just once

13. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Why?

14. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    _if_ the farming of PQ equips would be deemed problematic by staff, this could be an option.

15. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    False, stage 1 grinding is honestly a fairly large share of kpq exp and I've definitely seen people not mind staying there a little longer than necessary.

They/we don't because there's no real reason to PQ atm. If there was an option to mule this with a stronger char and gain benefits on your lower chars, I'm sure it'd be exploited one way or another.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    What would be TRULY harmful about people farming PQs on higher lvl chars? Please share why it would be harmful, and especially why it would be more harmful than current alternatives.

17. Ariami

Ariami Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

Aug 26, 2020
    Female
    Ariami
    Just figured I'd put my piece in here, considering this is an idea (or similar one) that I had been thinking about since starting this server. I do find the lack of PQ availability past level 80ish or so kind of disappointing. I know in regular, classic GMS, this is the way things were, but I figured the point of a private server was to build upon the classic game and make things better, and more enjoyable. I personally don't think all PQs should be available to ALL levels, including 200s, but I do think changes could be made to adjust PQs for different level ranges.

I'm not sure how some PQs would fare being open to all levels, classes, and skills. It could make them easier, for sure, and maybe hunting for Party Members wouldn't require so many smegas some of the time, but I kind of like the way that PQs rely on certain classes to do certain things in order to succeed in completing the PQ. Everyone has their part, it feels like a real team effort. GPQ is the only PQ really "open" to all levels, and I find that PQ accomplishes that just fine. Not saying that should be the only PQ available to all levels, but I think its an option that's fairly well balanced because it suits multiple jobs/classes/levels quite well, except maybe the fact that you need a sacrifice mule, but that's a different story.

There's a MapleLegends tip that pops up every now and again that says something like, "PQs are a great way to socialize in MapleLegends," or something of the sort. I find this quite true, as I have met many friends while PQing in my early levels, and it was something I did the MOST in classic MapleStory. It was my way to level up, get equips, meet friends, and above all, have a great time. The only PQ really available to me now that I'm well into my 4th Job Advancement is CWKPQ, which... really isn't much a PQ to me. I don't even think it gave PQ points during the past Anniversary Event, only Boss Points. I could be wrong though since I never ran the PQ, but that is what I had heard.

I think the game does need more ways to level post Level 120, as right now its either; Bossing (which is limited to those who actually HP Washed depending on class), Grinding, and of course, Leeching. PQs were always an option for almost anyone to participate in, depending on a party's class needs, or whether or not your INT-lord was welcome, lol. I think PQs are a great way to maintain interest in the game so that people have more options to level, and more ways to have fun while doing so.

I'll get to my point and just say, the game could add more PQs, but I think an easier solution is to just adjust to level ranges of the pre-existing ones. Especially since there's SO MUCH PQ OVERLAP already between levels 45 - 80. I think OPQ, LMPQ, MPQ and even maybe EPQ are the best candidates for this, as some of them already overlap one of the most popular PQs, LPQ, and are frequently empty from a lack of player interest. Now I'm not sure what levels ranges could exactly fit into these PQs, I'm sure that'd require some time, thought, and effort from the staff, but I think its something to consider since some of these PQs can and do award NX at the end of their runs in Bonus Rounds, and with the current voting issues, could be a great way to earn NX outside of voting ;)

Sorry for the wall of text, but thanks if you read all the way through :heart:

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I played on multiple servers with no level cap and it was common for people to run PQs solo or leech there way through them. I remember on Royals I got invited to a KPQ party and then as soon as I got into the KPQ, they kicked me out of the party so I wouldn't leech XP from them grinding stage 1 (which is all they intended to do). It's not really a good situation IMO and discourages people from doing PQs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. S_tieralbum

S_tieralbum Brown Teddy

Jul 17, 2021
    10:16 AM
    Dragon Knight
    Some PQs don't need this. LPQ is the best off because of levelling mules, EPQ is reasonably playable and because it's so combat oriented, high level players would make it too cheesy

OTOH OPQ MPQ LMPQ PPQ HPQ are so dead and these are ones where removing level cap is very logical.

20. Loug

Loug Horny Mushroom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    9:16 PM
    Loug
    Paladin, Bishop, Marksman, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Characters past the PQ lvl cap could get some kind of debuff that reduce their stats to a capped amount, this would prevent them from abusing it in order to sell leech or just carry mules, as for rewards such as LPQ glasses or EPQ earrings the run counter would get disabled past the original lvl cap and they would start getting some kind of token to exchange for those rewards(say 50+ for lpq and 40+ for epq) on a custom npc.

• Creative Creative x 1