1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Regarding GTOP100 & Voting Changes

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Jul 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:56 AM
    Moderator Post
    Mentioned in the OP.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    I am SO here for you standing up for yourself Kimmy! Yaas Queen!
    This sounds just like any toxic, abusive relationship where one party forces/manipulates the other into doing stuff for their gain.

3. Kaeli

Kaeli Mano

Dec 15, 2020
    Female
    sauce (lost)
    Kaeli
    Ranger
    Asura
    Our server, comrade

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Fixed it, thanks

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Sayoran

Sayoran Slime

Apr 8, 2020
    Male
    3:56 AM
    xInuyashax
    Beginner
    I support you in any case and all the way Kimmy! I believe in your honsety, your fair and well manage of the server making it definitely the best in my eyes :heart:.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    8:56 AM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    8:56 PM
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    GTOP always required me to access through another browser because the one I use by default outright cannot load their webpage whatsoever, no matter how many things I disable. When I actually get it to work, I die inside due to how utterly awful it is.

Good riddance.

8. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    5:56 PM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Isn't the voter timer only for Red Kimmy and not Blue, because if we voted on blue every 12 hours the timer should have also reset, which it doesn't.

EDIT: This is the new current one, my bad.. yeah you're right it doesn't behave the way it should be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Iamnotme123

Iamnotme123 Red Snail

Mar 27, 2021
    1:56 AM
    Nottelling
    Camper
    no

• "Voting for MapleLegends requires you to insert the CAPTCHA on GTOP100 and clicking the big red vote button.

You can vote on GTOP (Red Kimmy) every vote reset and TopG (Blue Kimmy) every 12 hours for each account.

Each Vote on GTOP (Red Kimmy) requires an unique connection + browser connection every vote reset."
    Should probably remove references to red kimmy on the voting page as we only have blue kimmy right now.

10. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    This is now fixed.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. skim0686

skim0686 Mushmom

Mar 21, 2021
    First of all, I am very thankful and appreciate the immediate and transparent response from the staff. But why is voting so important in the first place?

12. damon182

damon182 Brown Teddy

Apr 13, 2021
    Male
    SendMeDOGE
    Shadower
    I haven't been able to successfully vote on any of my accounts yet. Unless the new way ML registers topG votes is actually every 24h instead of 20.

As of typing this I lasted voted on topG 23.5h ago, so with the new 20h vote timer I should be able to get NX. On Either my phone (using data not wifi) or on my computer using wifi ML doesn't register any of my votes. on topG it appears to be a successful vote, but the ML vote button doesn't get crossed off, nor do I get the NX from it.

So I'm not really sure what's going on, is it actually a 24h vote restriction instead of 20? Was the 20/24h limit extended during the change (ex: if you voted 8h prior to the change, do you now have to wait 20h to vote again or just 4h to reach the topG's 12h cooldown).

Edit (time of writing 2h30m after reset): I was finally able to vote on my accounts, which corresponds to 20h after the change was announced on discord (so it looks like if you voted before the change, you'd have to wait 20h to vote again). Weirdly though only 2 accounts were able to successfully vote via my computer. topG registered my other account's votes, but ML didn't (not sure why). So for my other accounts I just used the phone airplane mode trick to vote. Even though I don't know what caused it, it seems to be on the ML end as everything on topG seemed normal. I don't know if any of this is useful, but I'll leave it incase it is.

Edit 2: I just logged onto one of my accounts that successfully voted, but I am still receiving the 'You can vote' chat message.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    For the ones that voted earlier having it be the "12 hour" vote button they were able to vote twice, is that going to prevent the next vote cycle for them or do they receive both rewards from then to this upcoming reset?

EDIT: My votes don't even register f7
    Screenshot_20210717-193521_Chrome.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    Yea, my votes don't register too, I voted 3 times in a row, it says I succesfully voted but Blue Kimmy is still letting me to vote again...

And the vote cash is not given too.

EDIT: Nevermind, I had to vote 4 times for my vote to be taken into account.

15. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    7:56 PM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    I think that the vote should be maintained every restart, in my case sometimes I have to leave the cell phone several hours for my work and if I don't vote exactly every 20 hours I would be wasting time and little by little I would run to a point where it becomes very late to vote and I prefer to sleep and vote before going to work
    LOSING SEVERAL HOURS

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  16. Solo

Solo Red Snail

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    Soloing
    Ranger
    Make donation system not only giving you donor cash, but also automatically vote for you for X amount of time (the bigger the donation is, the longer the time the system will vote for you).
    This can be use as an additional incentive for maplers to donate, thus make ur cash pool abit bigger so u can spend money on advertising (since gTOP100 can no longer be use as platform of such).

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  17. Dilemma

Dilemma Blue Snail

May 12, 2021
    Male
    8:56 AM
    DilemmaHS
    I dislike the fact that it has become RNG to get nx now.
    Situation:
    I am well over the time for the time to vote, 27Hr 34Mins.
    Had been voting since reset till now, (10+ Hrs ago) since Blue Kimmy is Lit Up.
    Had been doing 1-4 votes per hour, praying that it works. Nope it never. Game has become VoterStory instead of Maplestory.

Would very much appreciate if NX is given upon logging into the account in-game. Have wasted so much time to get a CHANCE of 6k5 NX. TopG has been shit and inconsistent all the while, just that ppl has chosen to forgo since "it is only 500nx". Right now it has been lumped to 6500.

Observations: Some accounts are kinda bugged (?) to be unable to have their votes accounted for (green messages of successful voting, but no NX accounted for + blue kimmy is lit up) despite several hours of trial-and-error. Some in 1 try, some several tries. But those which are doomed, seems to be doomed for hours n unable to resolve.

And dropping NX ticket in-game with tht low rate+value, aint gonna add up to anywhr near 6k5 even if u farm like a madman

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Hate to say it but Gtop voting worked much better than TopG, problems with TopG are just rarely reported as it's only 500 nx.
    While voting on multiple accounts it often fails votes for people even though it seems to work.

There's no proper check to see if your vote actually registers for ML whilst using vote links and having to login on the ML website on each account is a bit tedious with the captcha.

Having to track your nx gain to make sure if your vote worked or not is rather annoying.

I'm happy we are moving away from gtop as it clearly is super shady and are still looking for alternatives to obtain cash

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    This kind of becomes a "Pay2Vote" which translates to a "Pay2Win" kind of thing although both parties would be able to vote the one that donates would passively get their vote NX without having to click the button.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    The vote reset time is from Gtop or TopG. Gtop was a website that reset at a specific time every day. TopG is a website that resets every 12 hours.

The best that Legends did to make you loose the least amount of time while voting was making it a 20 hour reset on their website vs a 24 hour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.