1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Regarding GTOP100 & Voting Changes

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Jul 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    2:53 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Traffic from potential new players.

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 8.49.33 AM.png

2. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:53 AM
    Moderator Post
    Yeah, I've been informed some users are having problems, while for some it's way easier to vote now than GTOP was. I rather just get rid of voting completely, but right now there's just not enough ready yet to do that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Solo

Solo Red Snail

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    9:53 AM
    Soloing
    Ranger
    yes, that the point. but it will not become pay2win, since players who don't want to donate just need to click a few more buttons per day and get the same results.

edit-

Its not imperative to have an outside voting source for this method, the best way is to have our own system (that we are able to control) that register the votes. i can see why this suggestion is not so apealling to some players (there is a false smell of greediness in it, or pay2win) but i don't see how players who donate have significantly more advantage or higher benefits from the others.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Terrible argument, thats like making gacha purchasable with donor NX and then saying it's not pay2win because players can just grind for them instead

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. SapphireJ

SapphireJ Dark Stone Golem

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    2:53 PM
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    GTop is already being shady and I can kind of prove it with 4 static IP addresses and 1 dynamic IP address I have access to both at home and work.

Even despite me, just promptly voting, GTop’s “tweaks” just made things worse in which even after a reset, they outright randomly flag one of my IPs or the browser I like to use, forcing me to use another browser and IP, so much for the “I am able to vote on every connection I own”. Although this is probably done to “reduce cheating”, I don’t think someone who can code a bot will think this is a big of a deal - they might as well increase the captcha’s difficulty if they feel so.

The big turn off is now learning that someone can pay GTop to instantly take over one of the most played private MS servers there is. GTop has now officially turned into a pay 2 win website and not a vote/ranking website.

So good choice Kimmy on ditching GTop; I don’t see it getting any better from here on else either.

6. Solo

Solo Red Snail

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    Soloing
    Ranger
    i don't see the analogy, player who don't donate will just need to register their vote (it should not be a hard work like grinding gachas, tho i understand that in current situation it does seems like hard work). the only diffrence will be that players who donated for the community will not need to spend few seconds a day to vote on the same specific account (and ofc, for a short and limited amount of time).

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. XKapach

XKapach Timer

Apr 21, 2016
    Male
    Kapach
    Assassin
    Muggles
    Just have it that when you log-in you get nx instead of having to vote for it. problem fixed.

8. INSAINRUSSIA

INSAINRUSSIA Horny Mushroom

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Alistar
    I/L Arch Mage
    Arcane
    This is the mood kims take on GTOP 100.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Xephyr

Xephyr Blue Snail

Jul 14, 2021
    Male
    1:53 AM
    Bishop, Hunter
    True
    Just complained to their FB page. If they aren't dense then they should eventually see that they're destroying their own site. That is, unless other servers are paying for unfair advantages in the ranking system :think:

10. GunzGaming

GunzGaming King Slime

Mar 25, 2021
    Male
    1:53 AM
    FatBlunts
    I'm not surprised they did this at all.

the other servers have RWT and botting issues that are much more prevalent than legends. The current rankings are literally ordered in who has the most active "black market" of private servers, and I think it would be safe to assume that whoever runs gtop partakes in such activities or is funded by it. money makes the world go round.

oh well, at least legends is a badass server and will keep on doing so.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Saw that you would like to get rid of voting completely... that would be a great long term goal and good for you for pushing towards that. Just here to report that so far the previous voting site was working better at least than TopG but ill gladly give the middle finger to that site after how they treated things.

12. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Hello everyone,

Unfortunately, TopG is also flawed as all the other vote sites, so some users are unable to receive their vote cash. I wasn't aware of this at the time and assumed nobody had problems with them because we receive way more complaints about GTOP.

Due to our in-game activities not being ready yet, we have for now re-enabled GTOP voting again and went back to the old method of voting (streaks, TopG only giving 500 Vote Cash, etc). Please do note this is in no way at all backpaddling on our actions, since we still want to get rid of the voting altogether. We've taken many major steps with Legends. For example, back in 2014 pretty much every server had Maple Weapons drop by default, and we took the decision to not take this approach. Back then, many people were questioning this decision. Similar story when we removed Gachapon from the Cash Shop and make them drop from mobs only, and the same is happening now as well when it comes to the idea of not having a voting site. It's a tradition in the MapleStory scene that not doing it is "odd" or "stupid" to do.

Without risks, there will never be any movement. if we all stay in our comfort zone, we will never find out if something is for the better or worse, and we are still willing to take those risks once more of our systems are ready, by making voting, either way, less important, or removing it completely.

Vote Cash cards will remain dropping for now so you got something you can do to gain more vote cash, and hopefully more in the future.

Thank you for understanding and sorry for the inconvenience and confusion the past days have caused.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.