1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pirate Unlimited Corsair Works - A Comprehensive Corsair Guide

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by akashsky, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Assman

Assman Orange Mushroom

Jun 6, 2020
    Male
    Sun
    4:53 PM
    WhiteStuff
    Beginner
    SuckDeep
    I see. I keep that in mind then :D
    Thank you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    4:53 AM
    PandaOn___
    Paladin, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    Homies
    With the int gears you can have a trade off of a little less base int with a bit more MP washing and use a little less NX overall, or just keep the base int the same and perform a couple less MP washes. Up to you how you’d want to handle it, result will be pretty much the same

• Like Like x 1
  3. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    3:53 AM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    The higher your base INT, the stronger your MP Washes become, and those individual MP washes start to blow INT gears out of the water in terms of effectiveness. 1 MP wash with 330 base INT as a Corsair should be the equivalent of leveling once with 270 INT in gears (net +27 bonus MP), and you get 5 of those washes per level (135 MP, which is 9x what 150 INT in gears gives).

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Diego

Diego Capt. Latanica

Jun 7, 2015
    3:53 AM
    will I be able to cast some spells with that much INT? :eek:

5. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    Please bear in mind that the calcs in this guide only consider how to hit those HP thresholds while spending the least amount of NX. There are many possible combinations of base INT, gear, and MP washing to get to the listed thresholds, but the ones listed in the guide are catered to veteran players making a new attacker as fast as possible and do not consider character playability as a factor at all.

You can go for lower base INT and more MP washing to make your character much more playable, it'll just cost you more NX. I have 13.2k base at Level 173 and never went higher than 120 base INT with mediocre gear, I just had to MP wash way harder than most people.

It's important to understand what you're doing and not just take the numbers verbatim (unless you are a veteran player looking at get a Corsair running asap, in which case you can absolutely do that)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. MartinHuynh

MartinHuynh Red Snail

Jun 13, 2021
    Male
    5:53 PM
    @akashsky
    People says that: keeping HP low is better in order to keep boat up longer because 1/1s will lower it's durability less.
    Could you please explain it more?
    About the keeping battle ship?
    So do we need to HP wash?
    Thank you

7. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    1:53 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    This is true. But, you have 2 options to keep hp low. 1) you can just not hp wash as much, or 2) you can purposefully not heal your hp to full.

For example, lets say you have only 5k hp, and have full hp, then get hit by a 1/1, you will take ~5k boat damage. However, another player with 10k hp (but only healed to 5k hp) will also take ~5k boat damage from that 1/1.

In the current meta, despite taking more damage from 1/1 from being washed, you will still want to hp wash to at least 12k hp to be able to do all current content in the game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    For why we should HP wash for corsairs, I like to imagine it like a container of water. You can have a small like 250 ml bottle vs a big 2.5 L bottle. The amount you maximum HP you have (aka how much u washed) is how big the container is.

What HP you're at is how much water you actually put into that bottle, and nothing stops you from putting just a drop of water into a 2.5 L bottle. You just use lower healing potions to make sure your HP is low. For example, white potion at 30k HP.

While you can pot up less to maintain lower HP, you can't really pot up more to have more HP. Sort of like how you can't shove like 2 L of water into a 250 ml bottle. Choosing NOT to HP wash so you take reduced 1/1 damage is just restricting yourself, as you can achieve the same thing after having HP washed.

Tldr; if you can wash, you should wash to your heart's content.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. MartinHuynh

MartinHuynh Red Snail

Jun 13, 2021
    Male
  10. thsscapi

thsscapi Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    Jizoical, ZackSparrow
    F/P Arch Mage, Corsair
    Lemonade
    Just want to clarify further on this so I can understand washing better.

1. At lv 68, hit 330 INT
    2. Begin MP washing 214 times (+fresh MP > -MP > +DEX)
    3. At lv 111, finish MP washing with 330 INT and 234 DEX.
    4. From lv 111 onwards, do a combination of 326 resets from -INT > +DEX and 691 resets from -MP > +HP as long as I have NX?

Meaning I don't have to wait till lv 160 to start using the 326+691 resets, right?

11. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    yea if u want more dps, prob could leave base int in if ure planning on leeching to higher levels i.e. 155 (more mp gain on lvl).

just leave 1 ap in mp/hp pool to be able to -mp +hp whenever ur see fit, imo priority goes to saving sufficient nx for 326 apr, so u could play ur washing job anytime u decide to. and -mp +hp whenever u need more hp for content or qol

• Like Like x 2
  12. thsscapi

thsscapi Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    Jizoical, ZackSparrow
    F/P Arch Mage, Corsair
    Lemonade
    I have a follow-up question. From what I understand, double washing this way is good because you're spending fresh AP on MP.
    Does this mean that INT from equipment is not as important, and negligible?

I've been wearing them when leveling up (about 70 extra INT).
    I'm considering whether it's worth trying to scroll the Zakum Helmet for more INT, as it's a very significant investment of 60m for maybe an additional 12 INT.

13. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    The amount of MP you gain when you add AP to MP is only determined by your Base INT, not your gear, so yes (EDIT I COMPLETELY MISREAD IM SO SORRY)

• Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Yes, this is correct, and one of the larger reasons I did not include int from gear in the washing section of the guide, the gains from MP washing can be far larger than any gains from INT gear. Your BASE INT and # mp washes are the most important factors in determining your final HP.

• Like Like x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Added a section for krexel under bossing.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  16. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    For the first eye, any reason you don't sit just to the right of it inside that little nook? If you don't dismount your boat, you don't get knocked around at all. You can even place your octos behind you and they'll shoot the eye just fine. Turns the first eye into a snoozefest too kek

17. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    were there any changes to limit scar's total spawn in map at a time?

18. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Next time I krex ill try this out.

Its possible, given that the scarlion video is over a year old. I won't be able to confirm until I need to do scarlion again for a helmet on one of my newer characters.

19. thsscapi

thsscapi Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    Jizoical, ZackSparrow
    F/P Arch Mage, Corsair
    Lemonade
    Thanks for all the responses to my HP washing questions! I've been reading up further and I think I have a very good grasp on it now.
    There's just one last thing I would like to confirm as I'm seeing different information from each source. Some of these info are also from other servers and/or may be outdated.

It's regarding the 2 different methods of HP washing:
    Fresh HP washing is putting Fresh AP into HP, then using APR to remove from MP to put into a main stat.
    Stale HP washing is using APR to remove from MP (or other stat) and adding into HP.
    According to some sources, Thieves benefit from Fresh HP washing, while Warriors, Pirates, and Archers benefit from Stale HP washing.
    According to other sources, Thieves, Warriors, and Buccaneers benefit from Fresh HP washing, while Archers and Corsairs benefit from Stale HP washing.

So what I would like to confirm is: For Corsairs in ML, Stale HP washing is strictly the better way, right?
    In ML, for each remaining class (Warrior, Buccaneers, Thieves, Archers), which is the better method? Fresh HP washing, or Stale HP washing?

20. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:53 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    on other server i was played before warrior and bucc was better using ap reset, here it don't work and fresh ap is better.. dont know it is because v62 or any server modification