1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make Dragon Strike great again

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Galcian, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Galcian

Galcian Mushmom

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    2:13 AM
    Galcian
    Pirate
    With the exciting changes to Super Transform coming soon it's time to take a look at Dragon Strike. As of now its active animation is way too slow and feels bad to use. With being able to use all skills in ST and since ST gives max speed and jump DS will feel sluggish and bad by comparison. I am merely suggesting to speed up DStrike's active frames to match around v83's speed or whenever it got a nice speed bump.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    11:13 PM
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    Before making dragon strike great (but it's already p great..?) again, speed up shockwave please :( it's my favorite skill but also the most useless skill in the bucc kit

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Galcian

Galcian Mushmom

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    Galcian
    Pirate
    No. Remove shockwave. It's an inferior Dragon Strike in every single way.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    If you work out the math, maxed shockwave does almost the same damage as maxed dragon strike spam due to the delay time of the latter.

Also, I'm not sure regarding your main post if you are suggesting to remove the delay frames, speed up only the dragon strike animation, or speed up the entire cast time including delay. I'm very much against removing the delay frames cuz it'll make the class more brain dead; chaining combos is one of the major identities of the class. Either speeding of the dragon strike animation or speeding up the entire sequence will have some marginal damage boost in the barrage combo. It would have to be less powerful than the energy orb combo to justify the usefulness of orb. And tbh I think dragon strike sits fine where it is.

If you find dragon strike feel slow, just chain it with kick/blast depending on bubble.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Dragon strike can feel kinda slow at times. The best way to get around that is to jump cast it to retain some mobility while using it. I think it's fine where it is, and might even still have use over snatch in some situations due to it's insane range.

Shockwave on the other hand? It's slow, doesnt work on hills and has barely justifiable damage before getting dragon strike. Even if it were to be buffed though, where would the SP for it come from? Stun mastery? Shockwave is useful already because it lets us max everything else useful.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Galcian

Galcian Mushmom

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    Galcian
    Pirate
    I clearly said active frames which obviously means the animation where the Bucc is jumping in the air and casting. I didn't think that needed to be explained. It's slow and there's a reason they buffed it to be faster in future patches. How would buffing that make the class more braindead? You can still do your epic "combos" it will just feel more fluid and not bogged down by feeling like you're casting DS in molasses.

Also Shockwave is trash like Pippy mentioned. It doesn't work on hills and shortstops if there's an edge. I couldn't even begin to imagine maxing Shockwave in any universe.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    6:13 AM
    Personally, I think dragon strike is already in a good position, but I do think there is some interesting balance if the casting speed of dragon strike is improved, particularly if it's able to improve the cleave potential for buccs.
    IF dragon strike speed is adjusted to match energy orb speed (which is 1080ms to 930ms), I think it wouldn't affect too much of other combos (barrel tech is a different story tho), but the cleaving potential will be raise ~9% once ST can perform dragon strike, this might just put buccs to have a comparable damage to a mage/shad now. (help us in cwkpq cleave pls, we don't want to be just SI mules, even a lvl190 bucc will do much less dmg than a lvl150 hero T_T)

Details:
    1min Snatch spam: 44,400%
    1min DS (1080ms) + Snatch: 44,520%
    1min DS (930ms) + Snatch: 48,540%
    *DS+blast/SSK will still maintain the same due to the delay

Anything below 930ms will start to get into the problems of dragon strike being superior to energy orb and other new combos getting potentially better bla bla bla which I hope someone else can do the dirty work instead :p

8. shck

shck Timer Retired Staff

Feb 10, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    2:13 PM
    Recube
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    Bucc is in a great spot right now, we don't top the charts in DPM(yet we still manage white other cleavers) but we excel way more than other classes in different aspects of the game/most of the endgame content. As a matter of fact, even the upcoming Super Transformation changes aren't even necessary, but it will certainly be one of the most welcomed changes. If anything, we need more 4th job Skill points.

9. OP
    OP
    Galcian

Galcian Mushmom

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    Galcian
    Pirate
    Ok, but all I'm asking is for DStrike to not feel like it's covered in melted marshmallows. Is that so wrong?

:rolleyes:

• Disagree Disagree x 1