1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Feeed's Multimage Chronicles: My Journey into the Multiclient Sweat Club

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Feeed, May 17, 2021.

1. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    5:29 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Nameless pinner that's still out of exp range (167) reporting for duty!

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    12:29 PM
    Feeed
    Corsair
    SESSION PLAY TIME: ~2H
    TOTAL TIME SPENT: ~13H
    NET MESOS GAINED/LOST: ~+8.75m

Back to positive meso! Let's talk about what happened.

First thing's first, I job advanced. Nothing terribly interesting but here's the advancement and Buddy List reaction:
    1.PNG

Then I figured... I have 3 mages with Teleport that can all still enter KPQ. Why not run some KPQs and maybe get lucky with some loot? Not at all EXP efficient but who cares- I've got 3 mages and I wanna get saucy with 'em. I stocked up on pots for each character (1.5m ish, but I'm stocked up for a while) and went to work. Lemme tell ya, it was smoother than I expected. Here's my best time from the 5ish runs I did. Keep in mind this is one guy, one computer, three clients:

7.png

Not bad, right? 5:15 (pressed Print Screen a second late) is a DAMN good time for solo KPQ. And it turns out, I did get a bit lucky in terms of loot- keep in mind that with 3 mages, I get triple the rewards!

Two of these bad boys:
    scroll2.png

One pair of Squishy Shoes:
    shoes.png

...and a Brown Bamboo Hat for one Mage. The rest was NPC fodder.

After hitting Level 31, it was time to move on to bigger and better things. But before I left Vic Island, I made sure to complete Maple Basic Knowledge on each mage to go positive in terms of meso for the first time this run:
    scroll.png

Three of these bad boys look damn good in my inventory :D

Speaking of three bad boys, here are the mages setting off to a brand new destination:
    boat.png

Until next time! <3

• Like Like x 2
  3. HouseAuburn

HouseAuburn Capt. Latanica

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    As I started reading, I saw the names of your mules and thought they sounded familiar. Turns out, as I suspected, I saw the notice for them advancing to 2nd Job while I was in-game earlier MapleF3

Good luck! All of this and more goes way over my head.

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    SESSION PLAY TIME: ~1H
    TOTAL TIME SPENT: ~14H
    NET MESOS GAINED/LOST: ~+8m

I didn't really take screenshots for this part whoops (it's mostly theory anyway)

tl;dr we need a plan for the next phase. We've got 3 second job mages primed and ready. The first few levels of a new job are always a bit of a struggle until the new main attack skill is maxed, and our mages still barely have any gear. Therefore, my 2 short term goals are to get them all to Level 35 for a weapon upgrade (Green Paintbrush), then to Level 40 to get their main attack skill maxed.

What's the most agreed-upon, struggle-free way to get characters from 31-35? That's right, we're off to Ariant.

...but before we start the questline, I wanted to get a taste of what it was like to play 3 mages at once. I stocked up on potions (rip 750k but we're set for a while), took them all to the Sand Rat map (which has hella safe spots), got all my 3x Magic Claw macros ready, and went to town grinding out a level. It was... a learning experience. You very quickly realize that making every single mage do something useful at all times without ultimates is either extremely difficult or straight up not feasible.

What ended up happening was I had one "main" client, which I was focused on maybe 80% of the time, playing completely normally. Then, the other 2 mages acted as snipers from the safe spots- as soon as a Sand Rat got anywhere near them, they ate a triple Magic Claw before I quickly went back to focusing on the main client. It wasn't the solo party dream exp I was hoping for (especially considering the fact that Sand Rat exp really sucks compared to Gator exp), but it worked well enough to get me another level in a reasonable amount of time.

Here's an expert diagram to show you what I mean (also, S> art):
    sandrat.PNG

Pink lines are where Sand Rats spawn. The two yellow stick figures are the "sniper" mages, ready to wreck whatever appears on their respective platform. The big yellow circled area is the ground covered by the 3rd, "main" mage.

A huge part of the problem was that the mages 2 shotted the Sand Rats. Normally that's a good thing, but I learned that that's very bad for me for two reasons:
    1) A 2-shot means that the 3rd Magic Claw on my macro goes to waste;
    2) More importantly, targets that were actually in range of the sniper mages died so quickly that most of the time the mages were doing nothing.

My new theory is that I want to farm on maps where the monsters have higher HP thresholds. That way, I can do a better job of maximizing the times where all 3 mages are hitting something, therefore doing something useful. The EXP per hit would be less, but we'd be getting overall more exp by hitting more often. I'm very eager to test it, especially once both F/Ps have Fire Arrow maxed.

For now, I still think the best course of action will be to run them all through the Ariant questline with my Priest helping. I'll see if I can test my theories out once my Fire Arrow damage sucks less.

See you next time, hopefully with more screenshots :D

• Like Like x 4
  5. CoolDavid

CoolDavid Brown Teddy

Apr 19, 2018
    6:29 PM
    DavShad
    Shadower
    GuildLess
  6. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    SESSION PLAY TIME: ~5H
    TOTAL TIME SPENT: ~19H
    NET MESOS GAINED/LOST: ~+7.5m

Ariant Questline done. Mages were level 34 and change afterwards. I wanted to grind to 35, so I used a very similar strategy. This time it was on The Scorching Desert, a map I found during the questline that had the perfect layout:

burningsadns2.PNG

...but here's what it looked like on my screen:

smaller.PNG

I kind of abandoned the principle of "things with high hp" just for a bit, because this map had a high spawn full of things that I could one shot (most of the time). With the 3 mages in position, I could actually come very close to clearing the map every single spawn for some pretty decent EPH! Here's what I got on the main attacker with hs (this is epm 3):
    epm3cropped.PNG

...and on the snipers, with hs:
    epm2cropped.PNG

For comparison, here's solo mage with hs on Cactuses, a known and recommended leveling spot:
    croppepepepd.PNG

The exp on the "main" mage is nearly identical, PLUS I get +3.5%/min on TWO other characters for a "total" of DOUBLE the EPH of what a solo mage could expect. I wish I had tested one mage leeching the other two with HS, but it would clearly be less. This is the first time I've felt like 3 mages with triple magic claw macros actually provides some kind of benefit, which is very reassuring to say the least!

I got myself to Level 35, bought some Green Paintbrushes, and moved the whole squad over to Ludi. There's been a severe lack of people at LPQ lately; here's hoping I can find a party that's cool with my duo/triple clienting. Next stop, Level 40~

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    9:29 AM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    I highly recommend putting as much exp on the IL as possible to get it as ahead as possible because once FP hits 50 and you can start poison brace training the IL is gonna be perma leeching and will fall very behind.

8. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    Yeah I'm semi-planning ahead for this already. tl;dr poison leech, Truckers, GS2, and buying actual leech until I can shove him in a party with my 98 I/L (who I also need to level). I've never done poison training before so we'll see what happens I guess

9. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    In case it wasn't obvious, this project is still active, but very on the backburner. At the very least here are some updates!

Unrelated to the mages:
    - CaptnFeeed is Lv. 173 and FULLY WASHED OUT AT 13.2k BASE HP!!! Long term goal achieved!
    - FeeedOnIce, my pre-existing I/L, leveled up to 99. I have now gone from Lv. 97 to Lv. 99 entirely by doing APQ and farming keys.
    - HolyFeeed, my Bishop mule, got a makeover. He's still a tool, but I plan to leech him to Lv. 100+ sooner or later to bring him into Neo Tokyo and JC.

Related to this journal:
    I stopped to think about what I wanted this journey to look like. Rohan VarmaRohan Varma is making an excellent journal that focuses primarily on leeching. I think I want mine to mostly focus on the two following factors:

1) Minimal meso investment
    2) Limited preconditions.

What I mean by that is I'd like for anyone to be able to replicate this journey with only a few mil to burn upfront. I'm still not opposed to leeching the mages, but I don't want to expect someone to have a Lv 120+ mage before even getting started, and I want the funding to come almost entirely from grinding profits.

I think the most interesting part of this journal, to me anyway, is finding low-level maps where triple client grinding is actually somehow viable.

That being said, the biggest update is that I'm reconsidering my plans to dual client LPQ. It would come somewhat at the expense of others, so I'd like to explore alternative options first- I'm still not strictily opposed to it may still happen. That being said, I am currently scouting out viable Lv. 35-Lv. 45 triple client maps. I thought I could make do on some floor in one of the Ludi towers but I'm getting less and less optimistic.

Either way, will update once I find viable candidates and try them out :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Mu Lung

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    This, a very particular map in Ludi Tower, and hopefully a map or two in Orbis Tower are on my radar :). Gonna try em all and post eph comparisons once I get organized!

12. Rohan Varma

Rohan Varma Mano

May 20, 2020
    Male
    cwispy
    Bandit, Shadower
    Konoha
    Congrats! thats hella dope :D

At first I thought you meant you were going to try and solo LPQ with each participant being controlled by you and was about to be very impressed + sad for you LOL. When I LPQed there were so many intlords that barely contributed so I imagine you being half-way decent with dual clients wouldn't be the worst :) That being said, it would require a lot more coordination + the pressure of expectations from others compared to grinding haha

I think flat maps could be really good for triple client grinding. I was thinking a map like voodoos could be interesting at a later level because you could post up one mage on each side facing in and just alternate the 3-attack macro. Alternatively, have you tried maybe doing three different channels in the same safe spot position? That could be interesting. Not sure if HS would be as effective in that world but would be curious if that is viable haha.

Also appreciate the shout-out :) Sweaty madmen for the win hahaha

13. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    ^ I've done duo client LPQ before, and have hosted other people duo clienting. My issue is less about participating in it myself knowing I'm quick at duo clienting and still very useful, and more encouraging other people to afk mule their way through LPQ if they wanted to replicate the journal. This is also coming off the heels of my complains about the Anni event too. Preferably, I'd like to find viable grinding maps, which is the fun part of this journal anyway- but otherwise yeah it's LPQ time :p

The problem here is spawn rotation. Unless the map you're on has set timers per platform, monsters will just stop spawning and you'll waste too much time repositioning. Plus, I'd like to find spots where 3 mages levels faster than a single mage :D

Your journal is great, keep it up! Don't end up like me lmao

14. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    ACTUAL UPDATE- WE FOUND A MAP. Thank you for the area suggestion -ovv-ovv !

(note that I won't really be tracking playtime anymore as I can't do it accurately. I'll still keep track of meso, though. We're still at +7.5m)

I was really hoping to stay in or near Ludi to be close to LPQ, but after scouting most of Eos Tower, Helios Tower and Inner Ludi, I've determined that there really isn't any map that makes triple clienting worthwhile. There's a chance that the I/L solo grinding teddies with the 2 F/Ps in the party yields the fastest exp, but that wouldn't be much fun, would it?

Instead, I found the perfect map in Mu Lung- Sky Forest: The Train. Here's what the map looks like:

maplayout.png

Basically,
    - There are 4 platforms where monsters spawn
    - The entire middle area is safe to snipe from
    - Only 1-2 monsters spawn on the very bottom at most so you can completely ignore it.
    - The mobs take a while to go down and sometimes the mages miss, but they're nearly always doing something useful
    - Sadly, I can't spend any time looting and my Priest's pet didn't seem to want to cooperate with the layout, so this place is a bit of a money sink (but still MUCH cheaper than leeching).

There are 4 platforms, and I only have 3 mages, which is a small inconvenience- but, in the event that I need to reposition a mage, all I need to do is teleport it up or down and bam, it's in position. I need to do this every so often to get around the anti-afk mechanics anyway, so it ends up not being much of a problem at all. Here's what it looked like in action after I moved everyone over to their new home (also pls take the time to admire my Priest's new look):

skyforest.png

The next time I grind here, I'm gonna get my priest involved in the action just so I can keep the spawn rotation up without moving the mages to see if that results in better EPM. Speaking of which, here's the epm 3 I was getting on EACH mage:

skyforestthetrain.png

Over 2% per minute PER MAGE, so just under an hour to level up. This is a significant improvement from the previous maps as there are no mages relegated to "sniper" status; they're ALL actively participating at all times. They do miss occasionally, but a level or two should hopefully solve that.

(UPDATE: Found some optimizations. My level 37 I/L is now casting Thunberbolt from the top mid platform, hitting both the top left and top right spawns. He now has a 3% epm3. Meanwhile, I use my priest to clear the spawn on one platform as a pseudo-4th mage (outside the party). As a direct result of that, both other mages now have a 2.5% epm3. They're also both using Fire Arrow, but it doesn't do much more than Magic Claw does yet)

I'm just so happy to have found a viable grinding spot as I was really dreading the grind to a maxed 2nd job skill (in case that wasn't obvious with the lack of updates). The plan is to stay here until level 40 (I got them all to Lv. 36 tonight!), then try to find a new map where I can make use of Fire Arrow OR stay here and hopefully get a big epm boost with it. I'll try to grind here a bit every night I'm online to get this journal moving forward again.

See ya next time :D

• Like Like x 3
  15. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    I love the posts bro! If you wanna brainstorm options I'm always happy to help!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    JafelJafel yes please I have no idea what to do for 40-50 lmao

(quick update: did a session today. Mages are lv. 39. Next session they'll be level 40 with their first 2nd job skill maxed!)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    On hold again. Current focus is helping the community gather data for the CWK Exchange.

That + I'm a bit burnt out on sweating for meso + playing more casually in general+ I'm realizing I just honestly and truly do not like playing mages kek

I'll come back to this eventually~

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Vibin

Vibin Brown Teddy

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    Vibin
    Beginner
    Is duo mage viable for this strategy and does it matter if I have the same type of mage?

19. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    Probably! I know AinzAinz has been having luck at duo FPs at Vikerolas.

Started leveling my mages again casually, new entry sooner than later :D

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  20. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    That really depends on the level range. Duo mage in the lower levels really isn't going to benefit you too significantly, but towards the later levels, multiple mages can be huge.
    It does not necessarily matter what type of mages these are unless for mobs with elemental weaknesses or strengths.