1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Black Magician's Magic Pentegram - Quest item bug

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by Romium, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Romium

Romium Horny Mushroom

Apr 1, 2016
    Male
    12:16 PM
    Spyro
    Paladin
    Hogwarts
    Hi, so first i'd like to show my appreciations for the recent update. its awesome!

Now, alongside many quests regarding Dr. De Lang there's one quest i believe to be not working properly:

'Magic stone of Honesty' and 'Magic stone of Trust' etc items wont drop from its relevant monsters (Homunscullo and D. Roy)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What is supposed to happen? - according to BBB.hidden the after talking to Alcaster the items are supposed to be dropped from the Mini-boss slow spawned Monsters in Magatia.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug? - I simply noticed that after killing 16 of each, the item still did not drop, now it's a miniboss item that usually is easy to get after two or three kills. (there's only one monster like this at a time at a specific channel, and they spawn in one map only usually 20 minutes between spawn, therefore it cannot be a multi killing in order to get it)
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug - simply accept alcaster quest "The Black magician's magic pentagram" of the Dr. De Lang questline.

[​IMG]

Extra information - MapleLgeneds is the best server there is.

Thank you for your consideration,
    Spyro.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Abby

Abby Mano

Dec 16, 2016
    Male
    6:16 PM
    Abby
    Hero
    Honor
    i found another bug in the same quest: The Black Magician's Magic Pentagram,
    i already got three magic stones and clicked on the pentagram in right order, but when i returned to Alcaster i can't finish the quest somehow.
    bug.jpg

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:16 AM
    Moderator Post
    There's currently issues with the quest drop coding which causes either the items not to drop from monsters or server thinking you do not have the stones (latter is case atm). This is a special quest that is currently fooling with the way quest drop code works.

An alternative solution you can do if you really want complete the quest is now to go back, get 2 stones again from said mobs, and going back to Alcaster which should complete it, but I don't blame you if you do not want to do that.

We will see if a filter or something can be made just for this quest.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Fixed next restart. I am an idiot.

5. Breogan

Breogan King Slime

Jan 9, 2017
    Breogan, Corvan
    Bandit, Pirate
    Should I quote? :unsure:

You're not an idiot. You're just a human putting a lot of personal effort in a really cool game. The increasing player base supports your point of view and your way to the future of MapleLegends. This is a beloved game and you're making it better than just great again. Awesome work, keep it up. Thank you. :heartbeat:

Can someone please clean up the slime mark? SlimeAngel

ontopic:
    Wanted to confirm that "Magic Stone of Trust" drops from D.Roy. Even if the quest hasn't been accepted yet @lvl 62. :yay:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Magic Stone of Honesty is also appearing even without accepting the quest, and in a pretty high rate o.o (it says "Fixed next revision", i know, but watching them appear in every monster i killed was weird and fun XD)

Honesty.png

7. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

10:16 AM
    This is a bug that came from fixing the other bug. Lol!

8. Emiiz

Emiiz Red Snail

Oct 20, 2019
    Female
    6:16 AM
    Emiiz
    Chief Bandit
    I'm trying to obtain the magic stone of honesty from Homunscullo and its been hours of multiple attempts... the other monster dropped from the 1st attempt. I believe theres a bug again :(

*update* i partied someone and we grinded a bit on the other monsters in the same map (not the bosses), and it finally dropped!

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    5:16 AM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    Believe Homunculus (the non-boss mob) is the one that has been dropping the Magic Stone in this server, at least it was when I did the quests a few months ago.