1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

LUK Mage [End game scenarios]

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Boxy, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Boxy

Boxy Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    10:03 PM
    Beginner
    Hello everyone,

I've did up a rough calculation on some scenarios of the current end game items that LUK mages can wear and it seems that LUK mages are more powerful than a lukless mage provided the right equipment is obtained. These figures are mainly for your information only and hopefully it will help current and future players who wants to play mage decide if they want to go LUK or LUKless.

Here are my calculations and results:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jKWOMqiv22-ehLwn8xNKyPf4Lu-xT4eokQJUAbtA2EI/edit?usp=sharing

I tried to put the figures as formula as much as possible so that its easier to see. Please do let me know your thoughts or correct me if I have made a mistake in my calculations.

Special thanks to:
    1) EdannEdann, the one who figure it all out and got me set to do this calculation
    2) To my friends whom I DM-ed on discord to help me vet through the calculations.
    3) To the readers, for taking time to read this post and to analysis my workings

• Great Work Great Work x 18
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    7:03 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Lemme just chaos a 90 stat Timeless Pendant brb

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    10:03 AM
    iPippy
    I notice there was a sheet comparing timeless item to common items in the same slot (such as bathrobes, maple shield, etc), but it seemed like the 'scenario' sheet compared to a naked mage in those slots. A significant portion of the boost would get subtracted out by the lukless flamekeeper, anakamoon/rune, yss (or potentially even lapis sandal if you play your luk right). And ofc says nothing about the scrollability/upgrade ability of these items, but I get that is outside the scope of this analysis.

One thing that the timeless set does have going for it though is that I think you are putting in way too much base LUK to wear them. Each item will check to make sure stat requirements are met using the total of stats of everything minus itself, allowing the LUK of the other timeless items to actually contribute to the total. You'll end up still having to overLUK by the amount of LUK on the highest timeless piece though. The "best case" wouldnt need any more base LUK, and the "mid-case high tier" would need 11 more LUK (10 more in base, 1 more in mw). The mid-case would then have 83 LUK before the timeless items, with the sum of the LUK from the timeless excluding the gloves (the piece that gives the most LUK) pushing to exactly 100. Any other gear check must have a higher total because we would replace its LUK with that of the gloves which are higher. This should improve the timeless scenario by like 20 tma (tbh cant really make sense of the MW column if it is adding 26 more base but keeping mw boost at 2 when total base would become 30).

Regardless, have fun getting good item drop, level rng, and THEN scrolling it compared to just buying a bathrobe in shows or fighting common gs2 mobs for the practical number of timeless items required to reach equivalent scrolling :confused:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    So what you're telling me is, with enough patience and perseverance, my crazy insistence on wearing all of my glorious proper armor can actually be superior to those ridiculous bathrobe-wearing fools? That the only thing that might hold me back is my insistence on also wearing the hat? Which, frankly, I can totally be fine with foregoing if it is ugly with some cash shop hat-be-gone?

I was on a hiatus for over a month due to the tedium of all the grinding getting to me, especially given the drawbacks of the results.

That hiatus ends today.

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Boxy

Boxy Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    YOLO

Ah yes, that sheet is just for info, comparing clean timeless items against common lukless items. Something like a fun fact sheet.

Not sure if im getting what you just said right, but I made a v2 tab where equipment LUK is taken into account. Does it look correct?

Welcome back!

6. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Um, not quite. It looks like the sheet currently makes the total LUK 100. In essence, the timeless piece that gives the most LUK "doesnt count". So if the pieces give 7, 9, 7, 3 LUK respectively, in order to sustain all of the pieces the sum of the lowest 3 has to be enough to reach 100 total LUK. In the example above the 9 LUK glove ends up not contributing to the LUK requirement, so you'll need 83 total LUK from everything else (base+mw+non Timeless gear) to sustain these specific equips. Getting them all on at once will require a temporary LUK earring/cape or extra base LUK/mw, but after that you can make the secondary stats of the timeless items work for you. In this example, the total optimized LUK at the end should be 109, since the 9 on the glove "doesnt count" for equip requirements, but still contributes some stat to the total sum.

7. OP
    OP
    Boxy

Boxy Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Hmm.. I see, I've adjusted the calculation base on your comment.

In summary of what I have adjusted:
    1. The equipment that gives the most LUK is gloves. I adjusted the formula to exclude the glove LUK and adjusted the number of LUK required from base stats and MW.
    2. Total LUK from all equipment and stats should be 100 plus LUK from glove, except for best case scenario since including the lowest 3 LUK equipment, the mage already have 109 LUK

8. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    11:03 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I just calced probability of hitting 'best scenario' and noticed it's lower than winning megamillion lottery omg.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    3:03 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Publish your findings!

10. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    7:03 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    Doesn't take into account expiring event rings/faces nor Timeless or Elemental staves. IMO LUK build is significantly better in the mid level scenarios especially because of these and a LUKless Bishop can actually use Timeless stuff if they have all BIS equips. Bishop does not need 100 LUK to use Timeless btw, you can get away with 90 total LUK.

11. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    New player: I'm unfunded, I can't afford good gear to go Lukless

Well, actually you only go Luk if you are rich

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. MrTwabbles

MrTwabbles Slime

Feb 1, 2021
    Male
    9:03 AM
    MrTwabz
    Bishop
    Beaters
    So really it seems like it would be optimal to go lukless until end game levels as you grind out optimal timeless gear, and then just add (or AP reset) your few points of luk to use it. Then you can become the ultimate lvl 200 sweaty mage/bishop. Love the analysis!

13. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Not yet, you forgot hp wash

14. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    3:03 PM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    the HP wash would also mean going lukless until endgame is favorable.

• Like Like x 1