1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Regarding recent connectivity issues

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    3:28 AM
    Moderator Post
    We are trying to figure out the connectivity problems with our host, but need your help.

If you got connectivity problems:
    If you got WORSE connectivity issues (ex: Major lag, dc's) for the past week, please post here with a short description of what your problems have been AND state your country and provider if possible. If you are unable to state the provider, just country is fine too. Please do not post if you can't state either.

If you got no new problems and a stable connection:
    If you have NO issues, please post in this thread your country as well, and state you got no new or bad connectivity problems for the past week. In case you need context what this problem is: Lag every 15 seconds for 5 seconds, to disconnecting at least once an hour

Why also post when you got no problems?
    Well, that way we can figure out which locations/regions seem to be free from issues.

Thank you!

Note: Please give the information based on NOT using a VPN. We are aware a VPN seems to resolve the problems, but we need the information from your base setup, so no VPN.

2. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    8:28 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
  3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Netherlands, no issues

4. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    6:28 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    The lag has gotten progressively worse in the last three to four days. Lag spikies every 5 to 10 seconds. In the last 24 hour period, I've been d/c'd three times while grinding.
    ISP: Frontier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    4:28 AM
    LurkinShadow, LurkinMenace
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    Israel. Had connectivity issues (lags of monsters' deaths, pickup lags, mount/skill lags...) mostly during ST noon/evening (SGT night).

Edit: My ISP is Partner.

6. Dcon

Dcon Slime

May 12, 2020
    9:28 AM
    DconW
    Corsair
    DuckNation
    Been facing major lags and dcs for the past 2-3days. Everyone stops moving and i disconnect after like a minute. Lag happens throught the whole day.

Surviving on a vpn right now

ISP: Singtel

7. PengXiang

PengXiang Blue Snail

Jul 19, 2021
    Male
    PengXiang
    Beginner
    Sleepywood
    The lag was delay of monster die, pickup item delay... but i have not reach dc yet. It happen occasionally and sometime very frequent.

ISP : Unifi

8. Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    8:28 PM
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    I’m not having any issues.
    I’m from the United States.
    The state I live in is Minnesota.

9. Ditoo

Ditoo Red Snail

Dec 16, 2020
    Male
    BanditoDK
    Dark Knight
    Misfits
    I have having issues. US, West coast, (Arizona), Cox internet. Game kind of pause for 3-5 seconds every minute or two, I can still attack and move when it freezes but it doesn't register, once the freeze stops it all registers and all the mobs die and loot my pet walked over flies over to my pet.

10. Noire

Noire Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

May 9, 2020
    Islander, Page, Spearman, Magician, Cleric, Priest, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Hunter, Bowmaster, Assassin, Hermit, Night Lord, Shadower, Buccaneer
    Had no connectivity issues, it actually feels like an improvement on my end.
    Region: United States West Coast

11. IFiteShrooms

IFiteShrooms Snail

May 2, 2020
    Male
    I started to DC alot about two weeks ago, the DCs could happen sometime immediately after 5 min of playing or 30min. Most of the time I couldnt even open the game without using a VPN. My connection seem to be fine when im browsing the web or playing a video on Netflix. Im playing from Sweden.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Please state your country/region

13. LazyB0y

LazyB0y Blue Snail

May 23, 2020
    Male
    Priest
    SG - Singtl

Net connectivity issue started 3 weeks ago

Had couple clients up, different clients will disconnect randomly. Tried single client, also dced. Got better after a couple hours.

Also experienced weird lag issues last week where my character couldn't self buff and dc-ed after awhile, but it got stuck online.

Also had weird dc issue yesterday in HT where 3 individuals dced together at the same time. Two of us are from Singapore, one from Malaysia.

14. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Region: US West
    ISP: Xfinity

First started experiencing the lag spikes 10 days ago (July 27th). Since then it's been constant, occurring about every 15-30 seconds or so, with the only reprieve being two days ago for some strange reason. Have only dc'd due to it on a few occasions.

15. BlakeManners

BlakeManners Blue Snail

Apr 11, 2021
    Male
    BlakeManners
    Beginner
    Huge connectivity issues over the last week, big spikes every 10-15 seconds or so regardless of what I'm doing/what map I'm in, and normally I have a DC every hour
    Region: Western Australia
    ISP: Telstra

16. Jane

Jane Horny Mushroom

Jun 1, 2018
    Female
    Corsair
    West Coast U.S.A, Xfinity
    Summarized from my replies in another thread:
    Lag started on July 28th for me. At its worst i will experience lag every 10-15 seconds where mobs are frozen but my character is still performing actions for a limited time, drops will be delayed, which sometimes eventually leads to DC's back to the login screen with an 'unable to connect to server' message. I will dc at least 3-5 times a day or within an hour in a worst case scenario. Does not matter what activity I am doing at the time (grinding at 7f, farming cwk badges, bossing etc).

More recently, the dc's happen less frequently, maybe once or twice a day. Most lag spikes are NOT every 10-15 seconds but they last for a longer period of time. Like every few minutes I will experience a big lag spike. Was able to somewhat play and grind at 7f without dying today, but it's still a pain to go through.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. magykarp

magykarp Horny Mushroom

Jul 6, 2018
    Male
    magykarp
    Region: United States, Southern California
    ISP: Spectrum

Lag every 5-10 seconds doing anything with the occasional disconnect.

18. KidKronik

KidKronik Blue Snail

Mar 13, 2021
    Snoopii
    Marksman, Dark Knight
    US - Southern California
    ISP: Spectrum

Having DCs or lag spikes of the last week like once or twice a day. Smooth like 99% of the time though.

19. Scylla

Scylla Orange Mushroom

Oct 10, 2019
    Female
    Scylla
    Night Lord
    Lotus
    Not having any issues - germany

20. Entitled

Entitled Snail

Oct 27, 2020