1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sweep

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jc123, Aug 7, 2021.

1. jc123

jc123 Brown Teddy

Jun 21, 2020
    12:35 AM
    jc43
    Warrior
    I'm requesting clearer intent for the sweeping iterations made.

Right now, we are allowed to sweep out of party as long as it's under 1000 mesos(I reckon because the identifier to allow you to sweep is if it's a money bag or not.)

This creates a weird issue when you progress to certain maps(popular maps: skeles, petris, shaolin) that drop mesos between the range of [999-, 1000+] you end up sweeping up only a partial amount of the mesos generated.

If staff is trying to stop meso generation via meso up then I think it would be more fitting if we aim a more concrete solution compared to using the fixed value 1000.

Some potential suggestions I can think of brainstorming for 15 mins or so:
    • figuring out a way to uniquely identify between mobs that are killed via meso up and not.
    • iterating upon the quick fix and raising the ceiling value from 1000 to a slightly higher value to support
    • capping the ceiling value to be 999 to create consistency

Inspiration for this post:
    People are constantly figuring out new meta ways to play and I believe that we will still find ways to make progress with or without this change but I think it would be nice to understand the direction that staff is trying to go now that they've monitored the general public playing with and without sweeping a bit more.

A lot of us appreciate the fact staff still keeps these discussions alive and also takes the time to incorporate these new potential feature requests.

Thanks. Foxpat

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    3:35 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. OP
    OP
    jc123

jc123 Brown Teddy

Jun 21, 2020
    jc43
    Warrior
    Thanks for the reference. I still think the suggestions above could be a starting point to that hot-fix. (isn't that one of the points of this sub-thread?)

I guess I thought it could help a bit. But.. maybe the general public doesn't feel that way and maybe it's better to just leave it in the hands of staff.

And yeah, I can understand that they're trying to combat inflation. I'm curious to know why the initial sweeper change wasn't on the mark? If you want to combat inflation then wouldn't it better to not allow sweeping at all? Or is it a change decided as a medium to please the public?(totally fine) I think these are questions worth asking for the sake of education and also learning more about the direction staff is trying to go.

Staff, feel free to close this thread if you guys think it's an unproductive thread.

4. Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    Specifically the buggy interactions it had with pets and the overall messiness it produced. The temporary solution was the best that they could offer without releasing a patch.

5. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies

For me I feel like the reasoning to them doing it that way is because of what Chris said

However ML is trying to have meso sinks but the 2.5% of tax (which I've only seen from this server) while it used to be
    https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/92...6187-how-many-is-the-tax-on-meso-when-trading

100k = .80%
    1m = 1.8%
    5m = 3%
    10m = 4%
    25m = 5%
    100m = 6%

I'm not sure if ML want to set up the tax like this but they really don't want raw meso to be distributed the way it was and currently is, since some of the playerbase don't like how it is.

For me personally, I don't really mind it since it forces the people that advertise MU (Meso Up) in their smega when they're trying to sell leech. People once said that the leecher isn't entitled meso while leeching however a party takes part of the meso when anyone in that party loots its split in between of those players in the party.

People would use a sweeper thats not in the party and advertise leech while they have MU and the amount of raw meso without the tax system that vanilla had would give way too much mesos on top of drops that can be NPC'd or sold in the FM, not to mention the amount of gachapon tickets that drop during leech and a possibilities of getting ws/cs make the meso rate somewhat broken.

So with these things being said I can see why staff decided to go the route that they did.

6. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    4:35 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Suggestions are always welcome to add onto whatever we might be discussing internally~

I just wanted to clarify something, cus I wasn't sure what you meant by this part specifically. Do you mean the ceiling value for all mob meso drops to be 999? So something like petris which has drops mesos between 755 - 1,040 >>> should be changed to 755 - 999?

And THEN it can have MU added up ontop of it? Or would MU just cap everything to 999 as well?

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    jc123

jc123 Brown Teddy

Jun 21, 2020
    jc43
    Warrior
    Yeah, you got it. It makes sweeping a bit nicer but the tradeoff is that self looting via your main character might not be as good so not too sure of what the outcome of that is.

I think MU capping everything to 999 is a bit too drastic of a change.

8. halfwaysleet

halfwaysleet Master Chronos

May 21, 2018
    Male
    4:35 AM
    halfway
    Thief
    The "sweeper" nerf seems to be more of a sloppy meso up nerf, and a nerf for party play in maps that drop more than 999 mesos. Really annoying when I want to play with a friend at gobis or a similar map with a MU mule, we end up getting our pets bugged (stuck in one place) cause they're unable to loot some of the meso lying around.

9. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I have no opinions on the change itself, I was just commenting on what more clarification was needed as I felt Nise acknowledged everything in the balance road map thread.

- They realized that there were a lot of issues with the change they made
    - They changed it to 999 as a temporary half fix while they work on a different solution and take time to see how the change effects the economy
    - They plan on coming up with a solution that is more “elegant”
    - They plan on trying to restore party play from prepatch

Im paraphrasing so sorry if I twisted the words of what was originally stated.

• Like Like x 2